Page 106 of 238 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A lovely old school Namor!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    That C.S. cover looks great! I wonder if the future suit is for protection against pollution? or something else thats bad going on bc even luke cage is wearing it!
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were that kind of suit. Between pollution and climate change and whatever the Kree did.

I kept trying to figure out what happened to Luke Cage's face ... and then I realized, he's got white MUTTON CHOPS! LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's Luke Cage? well I guess this makes sense if this takes place in the future.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Confirmed by Cantwell it is meant to protect them!

Atlantean technology that allows him and Luke to safely navigate the toxic surface of the Earth.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I truly didn't remember original/older Whizzer with the blue cape.
    I remember seeing reprints of All Winners in the late '60s (I was 12 or so)

<<< stumble stumbel>>>>

I tried to paste an image of '40s era that I found with his cape, but it malfunctioned.
    Last edited by Oberon; 08-19-2022 at 06:50 AM. Reason: mistake
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's Luke Cage? well I guess this makes sense if this takes place in the future.
    I didn't know Luke Cage was supposed to be super long lived. I thought he was pretty much human?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Confirmed by Cantwell it is meant to protect them!
    Cool!

I wonder who else he's going to have show up? With Cage and Hellcat and Gargoyle, I'm thinking he's a big Defenders fan. Looks at the LONG list of Defenders. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

So, we find out why Namor is probably in this last Slott FF issue. While I teasingly predicted that Namor was there there to hit on Reed's new sister, it does appear he's probably there to interact with Reed's Marine Biologist Eco Warrior sister.

Too bad we can't have Sting Ray and Diane Arliss there too.

Awwwww. Just found out that Tom Palmer passed away, at 81. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.

I know him best from inking Tomb of Dracula, but he also did a great job inking John Buscema in Avengers, while Namor was there. These Avengers issues were were talking about with Hercules and the Gift, the Assault on Olympus arc, and the death of Marrina, were all heavily inked by Tom Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! One of my all-time favorites. So happy you included "Many Brave Hearts..." (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

<<< stumble stumbel>>>>

I tried to paste an image of '40s era that I found with his cape, but it malfunctioned.
    Yeah, always glad to share what I know.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Awwwww. Just found out that Tom Palmer passed away, at 81. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.

I know him best from inking Tomb of Dracula, but he also did a great job inking John Buscema in Avengers, while Namor was there. These Avengers issues were were talking about with Hercules and the Gift, the Assault on Olympus arc, and the death of Marrina, were all heavily inked by Tom Palmer.

Sad! Such a great inker. I loved those old Draculas!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/...1a-600x338.jpg
    Glad you mentioned the teaming of John Buscema & Tom Palmer.
    Assault on Olympus was where it dawned upon me how much of a great artistic combo they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Avengers 262, if memory serves, Namor fights Hercules, right? Is it over a bedroom that Monica is showing Namor? I seem to remember something like he picks the room presently (and pastly) occupied by Hercules, but I might be getting the issues mixed up, lol.

As to the Whizzer not being recognized, I did think that odd, until I learned that...Whizzer used to wear a different blue and yellow costume originally. I think it might have had a blue cape. Later retconned plots and created stories would show Whizzer in the costume posted above by K7P5V as the classic Whizzer costume, but perhaps at the time of this story, Namor really had not seen this one? Just a thought...
    Was he wearing a different costume? I'll have to look. The yellow one is the one I've always seen, but granted, that's mostly been in the post Golden Age era.

No, 262 was where Namor is asked to join the Avengers. It takes place after DeMatteis' mini-series where Namor has been deposed and he's depressed. Herc decides to cheer him up by giving him The Gift!!! Which of course, is a big old fight. LOL! But yes, he and Namor repeatedly clashed during their time on the Avengers together. It was great fun!
    I seem to remember in #263 (next issue), the Avengers are looking underwater (and find Jean Grey!) in a metal capsule. Namor cannot make headway towards the capsule but Hercules can, which angered Namor and didn't make sense to me b/c Namor should have done better underwater. But at that time, perhaps he was weaker than now? I think now they say Namor is 100 tons while wet/underwater? But I remember an early Avengers issue where Namor held the team off with Hercules quite well.
    The one in yellow is a variant of the original Whizzer costume I was speaking of last page back. The one I know had a blue cape.
    Lol, yes, but what I was saying last page, is that the pic you show here of Whizzer, which is what eveyone will swear is the Whizzer costume, was a modernized sleeker look they started using when he came back in the '70's, but that there was an older, original costume which was different and had more blue in it with a blue cape (not as stream-lined as the modern look), and I offered this as a possible solution as to why Namor did not recognize Whizzer when he fought him in that Avengers book. I hope that makes sense, lol. Time continuity and retcons, oh my!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

<<< stumble stumbel>>>>

I didn't remember the costume either. But here's a few, Oberon.

Phoenixx9 was right, of course. And the Great Whizzer Costume Mystery is resolved. : )

Hey all! The Summer of Namor continues with...Namor vs. Meranno aka U-Man
    This is more of a deep cut for the Invaders fans, but fun story about this one. My friend has been loving my Namor cosplay work and wanted to collab with me. First thing he asked though, is there a Namor villain that isnt shirtless lol. Obviously Byrrah and Krang are out of the question, and Orka is a bit silly, so we went with U-Man instead! Which also worked out great for me because the version of my Namor the black vest cosplay is inspired by the All New invaders run. We shot this at this rusted shipwreck in the pacific Palisades, and the thing behind us is this old crane operating thing, which was cool. casue it kinda doubled as a tank, very WWII vibes

Also stay tuned, shooting with my favorite villain of all time tomorrow, Tiger Shark!

I didn't remember the costume either. But here's a few, Oberon.

Phoenixx9 was right, of course. And the Great Whizzer Costume Mystery is resolved. : )
    Most excellent finds, Reviresco! Yes, these are indeed the images I remembered! (See, I wouldn't lie to ya all!)

The costume does look different enough that decades later Namor did not know it was the Whizzer in the Avengers issue.

Ahh, thank you kindly! (Takes a bow, lol.) I am glad to have contibuted---and with your help--- to solve the Great Whizzer Costume Mystery!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-20-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hey all! The Summer of Namor continues with...Namor vs. Meranno aka U-Man
    This is more of a deep cut for the Invaders fans, but fun story about this one. My friend has been loving my Namor cosplay work and wanted to collab with me. First thing he asked though, is there a Namor villain that isnt shirtless lol. Obviously Byrrah and Krang are out of the question, and Orka is a bit silly, so we went with U-Man instead! Which also worked out great for me because the version of my Namor the black vest cosplay is inspired by the All New invaders run. We shot this at this rusted shipwreck in the pacific Palisades, and the thing behind us is this old crane operating thing, which was cool. casue it kinda doubled as a tank, very WWII vibes

Also stay tuned, shooting with my favorite villain of all time tomorrow, Tiger Shark!
    Oh so cool, namorcosplay!

Meranno is a great and mysterious character.

Another great and mysterious mutated Atlantean villain (who wears shirts too, lol) is Tyrak.