Page 136 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I need to nab me a Namor funko.

Also, is Namor going to kill Ramonda?

It's looking dangerous, isn't it? I hope not. After Namor and the Talocans, she's my favorite from the trailers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I have the three Talocans Funkos, as well as the action figure on pre-order, so hopefully they will be in this week. But I wouldn't mind having an extra. I also planned to send someone overseas one, so I will be hitting up the Hot Topic, if they ever stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Look what I got today from Hot Topic at the local mall!! I also saw the Funko there at Box Lunch too.

I saw some other Wakanda Forever products with Namor and will try and post those photos a bit later. I just noticed my hand is reflecting in the window....I put the figures there to get more light.

Your displays, as always, looking fabulous, Iron Maiden! Look at all that grumpiness!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

What?! This is the best part. If people are complaining, they're not sure what they're looking at. Namor is using his wings in that scene, using the power of each set of wings to climb into the air (almost like climbing stairs) and also change directions. It's better than I even imagined.

As for the fast flapping, I know we will hear endless complaints about it, either it looking corny or stupid etc, I had hoped they would have had Namor's wings flap hard or be more active only in big movements or directional changes.
    But I think we're in for a lot of complaining either way. I wish the complaints were more understanding or nuanced (trying to sound snobbish) rather that just being " I DONT LIKE THIS, IT'S DUMB", "NAMOR'S NOT BROWN" "THE WINGS ARE LAME". I don't agree with everything in the film, but try to explain why, and also talk about what I think they're done right. Speaking of, did anyone immediately think of Namor's 616 artistic endeavours when seeing him painting in the trailer?
    Yes! I thought of that recent Steve Rude sculpting page we were discussing earlier. Though, I do think this is probably more ceremonial / religious. Did you notice there was scene that had a blue hand with a paint brush and brown hand with a paint brush holding the shell palette? Was that a memory of his parents? Or him and Namora?

Yes, the haters will be out with their comments later, I'm sure. There actually people who don't like his ankle wings in the comics, also. But so far, I've seen a lot of positive response to Namor in the trailer and his wings.

You're right Rev, it is M'Baku's place. The red and white distracted me, I though it was sand she was landing on.

Here's terrible shots of Namor with the Panther behind him on that ship:

Yeah, there were so many quick cuts that have actual info in them. It's tough to catch them all. Not sure on this spear thrust on the ship if that's a battle or a team-up.

At first I thought Shuri was landing in Namor's throne room too, cause of the entrance from a hole in the ceiling. But after multiple viewings, I decided it must be M'baku's place. And can I say, M'baku is looking really impressive in these trailers. Of course, the actor is very physically impressive, so that helps.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here are a couple more things I saw Namor-related at Hot Topic....

A cool Namor T-shirt

And a little Namor to attach to your keychain

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here are a couple more things I saw Namor-related at Hot Topic....

A cool Namor T-shirt

And a little Namor to attach to your keychain

Oh cool! Thanks for the pics, Iron Maiden. I ended up ordering both of those on the Hot Topic sale last night. Plus an Imperius Rex head dress Namor shirt and a Namora head shot shirt. I'm going to be so broke ... but so happy. lol

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Marvel is an intriguing position with Namor.

Do they fully realize what they have and have a roadmap for him? Seems like Marvel wasnt quite prepared for Black Panther and its success. Otherwise they would have had a sequel out before Boseman died (or at least a completed film).

Cause if Namor kills Ramonda thats going to be a tough one to overlook. Cause its a tricky balance with retribution and redemption.

Also curious on their long term plans with him and Doom. How they handle their interactions.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Do they fully realize what they have and have a roadmap for him? Seems like Marvel wasnt quite prepared for Black Panther and its success. Otherwise they would have had a sequel out before Boseman died (or at least a completed film).

Cause if Namor kills Ramonda thats going to be a tough one to overlook. Cause its a tricky balance with retribution and redemption.

Also curious on their long term plans with him and Doom. How they handle their interactions.
    Just give me Namor dressing down Doom that's all I need

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have already commissioned an MCU piece. It is GORGEOUS. I'll see if I can post the pics the artist sent me when I get home.

You can see in that throne room scene where they added more CGI to the two people kneeling in front of the throne, if you compare it to the first trailer.
    Please share when you can! Mine will be an mcu piece too so I will def post when the artist completes it.

Also just read this article where coogler talks about Namor's ankle wings etc.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I'm very excited for Namor.
    Sure they added the Mayan twist to it but in return we get so much details overlooked even by comics.
    The 'human' skin of his people when underwater, ankle wings in play, his arrogance. (unfazed by wakandan firepower)

Giving him the 'feathered serpent god' title is a huge plus too when casual viewers get confused why he can go toe to toe with Hulk and Thor.

Here's to the movie showing him as an effective politician and to the moving RESOLVING THE WAKANDA NAMOR CONFLIC THERE AND THEN
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

You're right Rev, it is M'Baku's place. The red and white distracted me, I though it was sand she was landing on.

Here's terrible shots of Namor with the Panther behind him on that ship:

I hope that's a team up

I need to nab me a Namor funko.

Also, is Namor going to kill Ramonda?

Highly unlikely, trailer shows Namor and Ramonda speaking on the beach.
    That might be the last few scenes where they make peace ...or will they keep the war going a decade like in the source material?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Sure they added the Mayan twist to it but in return we get so much details overlooked even by comics.
    The 'human' skin of his people when underwater, ankle wings in play, his arrogance. (unfazed by wakandan firepower)

Giving him the 'feathered serpent god' title is a huge plus too when casual viewers get confused why he can go toe to toe with Hulk and Thor.

Here's to the movie showing him as an effective politician and to the moving RESOLVING THE WAKANDA NAMOR CONFLIC THERE AND THEN
    I only watched the trailer once. I thought I saw Namora blue underwater. Was I seeing things wrong?

I only watched the trailer once. I thought I saw Namora blue underwater. Was I seeing things wrong?

https://twitter.com/AztecEmpire1520/...rChMW57fPm83pg

Here u go !

IIRC it was how Bill Everett wanted the Atlanteans to be

Incredible Member

Are we forgetting About Atuma?
    Atuma Probably kills Ramonda.
    Namor probably feels remorse but he must not show it because of pride and doing what it takes to protect his people then realizes Atuma will eventually betray him then yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Are we forgetting About Atuma?
    Atuma Probably kills Ramonda.
    Namor probably feels remorse but he must not show it because of pride and doing what it takes to protect his people then realizes Atuma will eventually betray him then yeah.
    The trailer shows Namor in front of Ramonda, (in the reflection) outside the window to the throne room, preparing to throw his spear.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

DZUB!!!! It's so good to see you again! Hope everything has been going well with you.

And yes! It's a great time to be a Namor fan.

I am very curious where this 'god' business is going. I remember Huerta talking about a shaman role, so there's definitely going to be a mystical side to the character.