Page 134 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Okay, this is my favorite poster yet. I will have to track it down for the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Someone did! It's already up on tumblr!
    Awesome! I'm still stunned that we actually get to see them work!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I am SO EMOTIONAL right now, seeing Namor FLYING in the trailer. They really are going to do amazing things with his character in this movie!

Oooh. An EW piece. Yes, please!

I love the little touches we've seen in these trailers. Painting the temple! So cool. And he has help. I wonder who that is? The line, "My enemies call me Namor," is now starting to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I mean what else can a fan ask for: pointy ears - check, wings/flying - double check, pure bad assery - triple check!
    Seriously. I don't see how the haters don't see all the things they did pull from the comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Two things right away:
    1) Shuri's big reveal as the Black Panther is in Namor's throne chamber, drained of water. So Talocan will face retribution after attacking Wakanda in the more famous trailer scenes.
    2) The quick scene of Namor angrily thrusting or stabbing his spear down, has the Black Panther in the background. Suggesting what many people have been thinking, that Namor and the Panther end up joining forces to face a third party.
    1) I wondered the same thing. Was that Namor's throne room? Cause they had torches.

2) Didn't catch that, so I'll have to watch it again. LOL! I thought that might be how he summons the flood.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Oh nice! Love this undressed copy. Thank you!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The promo art is so well done. I wish they would credit the artist.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That brief shot of Atlantis/Talocan as we zoom through the water makes me think it has futuristic stuff like how Wakanda is Afro-Futuristic, I will need to slow down the video when I can to get to see all the details and now that I hear Namor's voice clearly I LOVE how Tenoch sounds. I'm just so relieved they have the essence of the character and his key features, wings, ears, but darn no gills! I cannot believe we are really going to have Namor in screen!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

There's no way they can synergize this Namor and Talocan with 616 Namor and Atlantis. Either MCU Talocan is ignored in 616 or 616 Atlantis gets completely erased.
    I hope so, but they were able completely change Nick Fury Jr. with some hamfistedness

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Im seeing complaints about Namor's flight CGI. Fair or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't hate it, but grafting Namor onto a wholly separate and actually existing culture just feels so off to me, and he doesn't look as...pristine and regal as comic Namor does. Like I can't see comic Namor wearing all that headpieces and ornate stuff on him.

No fault to the actor though, he seems to be playing what he was hired to play.
    I think of Namor without little ornament, because he's swimmer, and all that stuff would cause some drag. However, the MCU costume is far less pristine and cluttered than the black armor costume they've got Namor in now. But I think the head dress (crown) and cape are a ceremonial outfit, so it makes sense that it would be ornate. Much like the Kirby bucket of spikes crown and ermine trimmed cloak. What we'll see most of his the time will resemble his comics green trunks outfit -- with a little extra bling. Of course, I would prefer MCU Namor to be closer to comic Namor, with Atlantis and just the speedo, but as I've said before, they've already stripped Namor of so many things and connections he should have had in the MCU, that I can live this change if they will keep to the core of the character. Speedo and ankle wings go along way for me. LOL!

unfortunately, we both know that in less then a year 616 Namor will be synergized to the MCU version.

we take what we can, the fact that so much is true to character is good enough for me.
    NOooooooo! They better not even think about doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comic Namor with long hair and a goatee would look so weird .
    Okay, TBH, I'm okay with the bling, but I wish MCU Namor was clean shaven.

There's no way they can synergize this Namor and Talocan with 616 Namor and Atlantis. Either MCU Talocan is ignored in 616 or 616 Atlantis gets completely erased.
    Nooooooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Is there a Hope Van Dyne in 616?

Is there a Nadia in the MCU?

They could remain as they are. Expect something though that links to the movie.
    I live in fear.

HOLY COW! Okay, I'm going to have to buy two posters from this movie.

https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...PmrwOCMnk5trGA

I hope so, but they were able completely change Nick Fury Jr. with some hamfistedness
    That was the worst thing ever done and just doesn't work. Why they just didn't bring in Ultimate Nick Fury, I don't know.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That was the worst thing ever done and just doesn't work. Why they just didn't bring in Ultimate Nick Fury, I don't know.
    I completely agree, but my guess would be that Namor has an unknown Mexican descendent who has his fathers gifts and will slowly be pushed to the forefront whilst his father slowly gets pushed back.

I absolutely don't want this to happen, but this is just me doomsaying

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The promo art is so well done. I wish they would credit the artist.
    I think most of these are photo manipulations -- we might get the artist posting it online, but that's probably the only way they'll be credited.

I completely agree, but my guess would be that Namor has an unknown Mexican descendent who has his fathers gifts and will slowly be pushed to the forefront whilst his father slowly gets pushed back.

I absolutely don't want this to happen, but this is just me doomsaying

No, it is an absolute credible fear, given the way the comics follow the movies now. I wouldn't be surprised to see another underwater civilization that mirrors the movie to suddenly appear in the comics. I will NOT be happy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im seeing complaints about Namor's flight CGI. Fair or no?
    I'm not sure what to say. I mean, we've never seen anything like Namor's flight in live action. We have seen the artists drawing the anklewings flapping, so ...

The bouncing around was a little startling to me, but I'll have to watch it again.

I guess, I'll say I am not unhappy with what I'm seeing.