Page 135 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I've always headcanoned Namor's flight to be similar to a Hummingbird, the fast motion that happens when he hovers etc. seeing it play out was so amazing, its exactly like how I pictured it! It immediately makes Namor's flight pattern stand out from "traditional" superhero flying and it's tailored to work for his character! Much MUCH better than being another redone copy of how people often see heroes fly.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I've always headcanoned Namor's flight to be similar to a Hummingbird, the fast motion that happens when he hovers etc. seeing it play out was so amazing, its exactly like how I pictured it! It immediately makes Namor's flight pattern stand out from "traditional" superhero flying and it's tailored to work for his character! Much MUCH better than being another redone copy of how people often see heroes fly.
    Hmmm. Okay, I can see that. I was getting a helicopter feel, but hummingbird fits what we saw with the darting.

EDIT: Watched that bit again, and he's also dodging laser fire, or something, which is another reason why he's moving that way.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-03-2022 at 12:00 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That brief shot of Atlantis/Talocan as we zoom through the water makes me think it has futuristic stuff like how Wakanda is Afro-Futuristic, I will need to slow down the video when I can to get to see all the details and now that I hear Namor's voice clearly I LOVE how Tenoch sounds. I'm just so relieved they have the essence of the character and his key features, wings, ears, but darn no gills! I cannot believe we are really going to have Namor in screen!
    Oh gee. I'll have to watch the trailer again. LOL

My initial impression was it looked like a cathedral nave, opening up to the throne room. I think the hole in the ceiling where the light comes from is the bottom of a surface temple floor, and in the temple he is painting the murals.

The quote is very interesting. "Only the most broken people can be great leaders."

LOL! No gills. Poor Imp.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im seeing complaints about Namor's flight CGI. Fair or no?
    I mean the MCU's CGI has been dog **** for the last 5-6 movies ever since they started churning it out.

Remember Panther & Killmonger's final fight or the Banner's head in the Hulkbuster armor or Starks nanosuit in Infinity War.

The Namor flight looked good, but the shot was so short it's hard to tell.

But I do like how his flight is very animesque where he can quickly change direction on a whim, it looked so dope because in my head I always associate flight like how Superman flies i.e. straight strong lines like a missile but Namor flies almost like a dragonfly zigging and zagging sooo cool

https://twitter.com/i/status/1577000797183029248

https://twitter.com/i/status/1576958254273658880

also

Last edited by charliehustle415; 10-03-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh gee. I'll have to watch the trailer again. LOL

My initial impression was it looked like a cathedral nave, opening up to the throne room. I think the hole in the ceiling where the light comes from is the bottom of a surface temple floor, and in the temple he is painting the murals.

The quote is very interesting. "Only the most broken people can be great leaders."

LOL! No gills. Poor Imp.
    I'm SAD! but also commissioning a new Namor art (with gills!) hehe

Everything goes so fast in the trailer but the 28 second mark it def shows some city structures and people standing before where Namor comes down to the throne, its too dark to see details but I hope we see more of the city in the movie!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I mean the MCU's CGI has been dog **** for the last 5-6 movies ever since they started churning it out.

Remember Panther & Killmonger's final fight or the Banner's head in the Hulkbuster armor or Starks nanosuit in Infinity War.

But I do like how his flight is very animesque where he can quickly change direction on a whim, it looked so dope because in my head I always associate flight like how Superman flies i.e. straight strong lines like a missile but Namor flies almost like a dragonfly zigging and zagging sooo cool

also

There we go! The closest we've gotten to live action for Namor's wings.

LOL! I have to agree with both of those tweets.

I do like that it is different from other flight we see in the MCU. I hope they point out how Namor SHOULD have an advantage in flight over most airbreathers, since he was born and bred for a 3D environment.

I'm SAD! but also commissioning a new Namor art (with gills!) hehe

Everything goes so fast in the trailer but the 28 second mark it def shows some city structures and people standing before where Namor comes down to the throne, its too dark to see details but I hope we see more of the city in the movie!
    I have already commissioned an MCU piece. It is GORGEOUS. I'll see if I can post the pics the artist sent me when I get home.

You can see in that throne room scene where they added more CGI to the two people kneeling in front of the throne, if you compare it to the first trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

also

I love seeing the lil ankle wingings a-winging!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I have already commissioned an MCU piece. It is GORGEOUS. I'll see if I can post the pics the artist sent me when I get home.
    How wonderful!

Yes please, show it to us!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Two things right away:
    1) Shuri's big reveal as the Black Panther is in Namor's throne chamber, drained of water. So Talocan will face retribution after attacking Wakanda in the more famous trailer scenes.
    2) The quick scene of Namor angrily thrusting or stabbing his spear down, has the Black Panther in the background. Suggesting what many people have been thinking, that Namor and the Panther end up joining forces to face a third party.
    Redux after a few more viewings of the trailer.

1) I'm pretty sure this is M'Baku's palace. It looks like snow on the floor and the columns look like trees with bark.

2) I finally got a good look at that scene. It could be that. But it looks like it takes place in an aircraft or vehicle. And I think it has BP attempting to jump Namor. I'm wondering if it isn't a struggle on the Wakandan Sea Leopard, which we've seen in the Lego sets, and Namor is trying to breech the hull and sink it? If it is an aircraft, perhaps that explains that final scene in the first trailer, where it looks like Namor is in some sort of flaming debris in the background (perhaps the downed aircraft?) and the Black Panther is in the foreground?

I'm not sure what to say. I mean, we've never seen anything like Namor's flight in live action. We have seen the artists drawing the anklewings flapping, so ...

The bouncing around was a little startling to me, but I'll have to watch it again.

I guess, I'll say I am not unhappy with what I'm seeing.
    What?! This is the best part. If people are complaining, they're not sure what they're looking at. Namor is using his wings in that scene, using the power of each set of wings to climb into the air (almost like climbing stairs) and also change directions. It's better than I even imagined.

As for the fast flapping, I know we will hear endless complaints about it, either it looking corny or stupid etc, I had hoped they would have had Namor's wings flap hard or be more active only in big movements or directional changes.
    But I think we're in for a lot of complaining either way. I wish the complaints were more understanding or nuanced (trying to not sound snobbish) rather that just being " I DONT LIKE THIS, IT'S DUMB", "NAMOR'S NOT BROWN" "THE WINGS ARE LAME". I don't agree with everything in the film, but try to explain why, and also talk about what I think they're done right. Speaking of, did anyone immediately think of Namor's 616 artistic endeavours when seeing him painting in the trailer?
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-03-2022 at 04:27 PM.

You're right Rev, it is M'Baku's place. The red and white distracted me, I though it was sand she was landing on.

Here's terrible shots of Namor with the Panther behind him on that ship:

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Look what I got today from Hot Topic at the local mall!! I also saw the Funko there at Box Lunch too.

I saw some other Wakanda Forever products with Namor and will try and post those photos a bit later. I just noticed my hand is reflecting in the window....I put the figures there to get more light.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-03-2022 at 03:14 PM.

I need to nab me a Namor funko.

Also, is Namor going to kill Ramonda?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Look what I got today from Hot Topic at the local mall!! I also saw the Funko there at Box Lunch too.

I saw some other Wakanda Forever products with Namor and will try and post those photos a bit later. I just noticed my hand is reflecting in the window....I put the figures there to get more light.

That's great! They all look so good together! Enjoy your find!