Page 138 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OMG I LOVE THIS!!!! This is so perfect! The details on this are wonderful!!!!
    Yes, there were a lot of OMG when he was showing me the sketches. LOL! The artist is from Brazil and a joy to work with. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I love the lines on this piece. A very intimidating Namor.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-04-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Talking to Entertainment Weekly, director Ryan Coogler teased what fans can expect from the MCU's take on this character. "He's always been really cool and charismatic, but also arrogant," the filmmaker says. "He's kind of an *******, kind of romantic, and just incredibly powerful."

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Fun fact: Hummingbirds are pretty significant in Aztec cultures. They were emblematic for their vigor and energy, and their sharp beaks symbolized weapons, bloodletting, penetration, and intimacy. Additionally, the Aztec god of war Huitzilopochtli is often depicted as a hummingbird and the Aztecs believed that hummingbirds were the spirits of fallen warriors.

Aztec and Mayan cultures were very adjacent to one another like the Greeks and Romans (Namor is referred to as the Mayan feathered serpent god Kukulkan in the trailer, and the Aztec equivalent is the more notable Quetzalcoatl), so having Namor fly like a hummingbird is very apt.
    I vaguely remembered hummingbirds in Aztec myths, but wasn't aware of the details. Thank you!

Thank you for that information! When I first thought of the "Hummingbird Wing Movement" it was for my headcanons/fanfiction and I never thought it would someday be displayed in a movie or that it would have this connection!
    I've always thought they would have to move fast, but for some reason never connected it to a hummingbird movement, which is actually perfect.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    No matter how many times I watch this or the previous trailer I can't get over Namor descending to his throne. It looks so regal and majestic like god damn.
    I have to agree. It was the most striking image in that first trailer for me. Gorgeously shot, and all that went into it, from the costume to the set design to the lighting. Gives me goosebumps.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just think: 8 days to go until we get the first issue of Namor The Sub-Mariner: Conquered Shores #1. Looking forward to just seeing the previews!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's what I'm worried about. If he'll be depicted on that level. Someone that can fight the Hulk and Thor, shouldn't be defeated by the Black Panther. Especially not the MCU version, and definitely not by Shuri (who isn't a warrior in the MCU).

I hope the fighting stops because they come to some kind of understanding, or Namor realizes something and is merciful. Shuri defeating Namor in a physical fight, even if she is wearing that vibranium suit, makes no sense.
    I don't want Namor nerfed, but it isn't his movie. Hopefully the ending will make sense.

No Im talking the new trailer. I think she's blue underwater in that one.
    I wanted the Talocans to be blue underwater, but in the throne room, the two kneeling before the throne, are still not blue, even though they've gotten more CGI work on them than before. It is hard to tell underwater. Perhaps they are avoiding the blue skins underwater to avoid comparisons to Avatar. I wish they'd just make the movie and stop worrying about comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just think: 8 days to go until we get the first issue of Namor The Sub-Mariner: Conquered Shores #1. Looking forward to just seeing the previews!
    I know!!! We'll probably see previews Friday! Can't wait.

Hmmm. Need to change my signature.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m getting an advanced review copy of the new Namor comic next Monday!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m getting an advanced review copy of the new Namor comic next Monday!
    I need a jealous emoji. LOL!

At least let us know if we are going be happy or ecstatic.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Christopher Cantwell is going to give us a good story, at least I hope so! Just a suspicion of mine and I know it's a longshot but I wonder if since this takes place 100 years in the future if there will be a tie in with the world of 2099. IIRC there was a world wide flood in those last few issues before Marvel cancelled the line. I recall him mentioning the 2099 comics and making fun of them a bit on his Twitter several months ago.

I added this to the Doom thread but this article in the Hollywood Reporter has a lot of speculation about Wakanda Forever and the 3 Kings of Marvel ....Namor, Black Panther and Doom . I think this is worth noting because the Hollywood Reporter is a legitmate news source and not just click bait.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Leaves Door Open for a Classic Villain
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-04-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I need a jealous emoji. LOL!

At least let us know if we are going be happy or ecstatic.
    Absolutely dolls! That’s why I posted it! You guys will be the first to know!
    I think Christopher Cantwell is going to give us a good story, at least I hope so! Just a suspicion of mine and I know it's a longshot but I wonder if since this takes place 100 years in the future if there will be a tie in with the world of 2099. IIRC there was a world wide flood in those last few issues before Marvel cancelled the line. I recall him mentioning the 2099 comics and making fun of them a bit on his Twitter several months ago.

I added this to the Doom thread but this article in the Hollywood Reporter has a lot of speculation about Wakanda Forever and the 3 Kings of Marvel ....Namor, Black Panther and Doom . I think this is worth noting because the Hollywood Reporter is a legitmate news source and not just click bait.

I’m hoping this is Doctor Doom level good. Who knows. If it sells well, we can get an ongoing like they did with She-Hulk.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

New Namora Still!

and theres been so many new namor fanarts today!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly about Wakanda Forever, Coogler had this to say about Namor:

I think with making these types of movies, you've got to lean into the weird stuff, or you risk missing what makes it fun... He's got really unique features and things that don't necessarily go together. He can breathe underwater, obviously, but he's got these little wings on his ankles. He's got pointy ears and walks around in his underwear. It's all fun, man.
    Talking to Entertainment Weekly, director Ryan Coogler teased what fans can expect from the MCU's take on this character. "He's always been really cool and charismatic, but also arrogant," the filmmaker says. "He's kind of an *******, kind of romantic, and just incredibly powerful."
    I was happily surprised to read Coogler's opinion and take on Namor in that article. Apparently, he's always liked the character, and from these quotes, seems to get Namor. And I agree. You got to lean into the "weird" superhero stuff. The first look at Namor with the 'weird' stuff went along way to convince me about his MCU Namor. The second quote is him just checking off more of my core things about Namor.

I hope Cantwell delivers mightily in this series. We need some comicbook critical acclaim too.

Hmmm. 2099 ... well I guess that fits the timeline, but not the version of Namor I'm too interested in. Now, Doom 2099 ... that's another story.

That HR article is interesting and worth discussion, given so many people's thoughts on monarchies, now. I think many writers now try to make it a political question, rather than a mythical question -- which is where the appeal is for stories about kings. The Doom stuff is speculation on his part, but the whole article is his take on what Coogler is trying to do, and within that essay, it could fit.

New Namora Still!

and theres been so many new namor fanarts today!
    Boy, she is FIERCE. And just not getting enough love. I hope she, and Attuma, have substantial roles in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Absolutely dolls! That’s why I posted it! You guys will be the first to know!

I’m hoping this is Doctor Doom level good. Who knows. If it sells well, we can get an ongoing like they did with She-Hulk.
    Cool! Thank you!

Yes, I'm definitely hoping for Doctor Doom level good on the Cantwell Namor book. fingers crossed