Page 43 of 238 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I do like how fancy his hat is XD
    I bet Agent Carter is wondering who raided her hat closet. LOL!

I was contemplating a sea anemome ruff, but this has changed my mind on that.

This reminds me of the infamous Tony Stark and a boa pic.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Sigh.

CBR has another article on Namor up, predicting his MCU character journey to MCU Scarlet Witch's.

This one isn't as bad as so many others, but I have to wonder if the writers understand what they are writing?

Namor has the potential to be one of the most engaging character arcs since Loki and Wanda Maximoff. Should he enter the MCU in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, he would bring within him stubborn pride, immense power and morals that place him in an internal conflict over the right thing vs. what's best for his people. However, his evolution from a conqueror to a humbled hero would perfectly mirror Wanda Maximoff's journey and show that being a villain isn't always black and white.
    I'm sorry. But since when is the "right thing" only tied to surface dwellers? How about taking all these so called heroes to task for NOT doing the right thing to save the Atlanteans from all the crap the surface dwellers do to them and the oceans?

Newsflash, CBR writer. With few exceptions, doing what's best for his people IS the right thing for a ruler to do. And we really haven't seen Namor as a conquer that often. Like that one invasion in FF annual #1.

The writer gets points for at least referring to Namor as an adversary once ... but like so many, they resort to the wrong word of villain.

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...cu-antithesis/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

How is Wanda a humbled hero? She legitimately murdered scores of innocent people because she wanted her own fantasy headcanon to be real. Just because she decided not to kill another version of herself at the last moment doesn't undo all the other deaths. If anything it's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    How is Wanda a humbled hero? She legitimately murdered scores of innocent people because she wanted her own fantasy headcanon to be real. Just because she decided not to kill another version of herself at the last moment doesn't undo all the other deaths. If anything it's worse.
    I think the writer is trying to say their journey's will be reversed, but the word choice / wording doesn't make it clear. I think he's saying that Wanda started out a humble hero and progressed to villainy. This guy thinks that Namor starts out a villain. Plus, anyone who is writing Namor correctly, is not going to write him humble. LOL!

Ignoring some of the writing, what really annoys me is it sounds like only surface people, protecting surface people can be heroes. That helping his own people doesn't count as heroic?

Yeah, we've discussed this before. Namor isn't humanity's hero, he's a hero of Atlantis. Sometimes they overlap, sometime he's does things for the great good of everyone on earth, but at heart, his only concern is the people of Atlantis.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

The issue is many readers only consider Humans/Surface World to be the right thing to save and Atlantis/Atlanteans are ok to sacrifice to plot bc fictional, even though the humans/surface world is fictional as well. Like they just never consider things from the Atlantean pov because if they did then it would mean the humans/surface world are the villains. :/
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Nice art, but an odd mash up choice.

I found this piece on twitter. It has a few issues (needs more reflected light off Namor), but I like the idea of Namor in moonlight.

https://twitter.com/anandhups360/sta...xF0gDE5chiu7Sw

Also found this amazing piece by Arthur Adams for some Kickstarter / crowdfunded anthology. Once again illustrating the amazing potential of an underwater book.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nick...r-and-bad-dog/

Yeah, we've discussed this before. Namor isn't humanity's hero, he's a hero of Atlantis. Sometimes they overlap, sometime he's does things for the great good of everyone on earth, but at heart, his only concern is the people of Atlantis.

Yes, we've talked about it, and I get it shows how surface world / America centric the MU _characters_ are, but I sort expect better from an article trying to explain the character. Yes, I'm being stupid.

The issue is many readers only consider Humans/Surface World to be the right thing to save and Atlantis/Atlanteans are ok to sacrifice to plot bc fictional, even though the humans/surface world is fictional as well. Like they just never consider things from the Atlantean pov because if they did then it would mean the humans/surface world are the villains. :/
    But that's always been one of the coolest things about Namor. He's always encouraged readers to see the world, and not just a parochial corner of it. It's sad that this too has been stripped from the character, and / or that writers and readers don't get that.

I guess I need to stop reading alleged 'articles' about Namor. They are usually just so wrong.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I can't imagine anyone who actually likes the character would agree with this.
    He looks pretty much the same except for the earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nice art, but an odd mash up choice.

I found this piece on twitter. It has a few issues (needs more reflected light off Namor), but I like the idea of Namor in moonlight.

https://twitter.com/anandhups360/sta...xF0gDE5chiu7Sw

Also found this amazing piece by Arthur Adams for some Kickstarter / crowdfunded anthology. Once again illustrating the amazing potential of an underwater book.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nick...r-and-bad-dog/
    These are so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He looks pretty much the same except for the earrings.
    It was meant that anyone who knows/loves the character of Namor knows he isn't just a "douchebag ******* who rules the sea" that's a bad fanon take and it just shows how most of fandom sees Namor that way.

Exactly, right, IW.

These are so beautiful!
    Art Adams would kill it on underwater scenes! He understands the potential of the amazing underwater animals and the Cthulhu horror aspect. Though, we'd only be able to get him on covers. ;p

Remember this one from Fear Itself Fearless?

Last edited by Reviresco; 06-01-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Nothing of Namor in the Hellfire Gala preview or blurb, which, given that lackluster outfit, and how long it took to see the light of day, I'm not surprised. Another wasted opportunity.

Exactly, right, IW.

Art Adams would kill it on underwater scenes! He understands the potential of the amazing underwater animals and the Cthulhu horror aspect. Though, we'd only be able to get him on covers. ;p

Remember this one from Fear Itself Fearless?

Oh I WISH!!! Btw have you seen this new fanart from Corvithearti on tumblr of Namor in a version of that suit?

Nothing of Namor in the Hellfire Gala preview or blurb, which, given that lackluster outfit, and how long it took to see the light of day, I'm not surprised. Another wasted opportunity.
    I honestly wasn't expecting Namor to show up this year at all if he didn't have more than one page in the last one and in that time he was more connected to the Krakoa plot by way of rejecting it, but now the plots gone on too long and nothing from Namor's side.

Oh I WISH!!! Btw have you seen this new fanart from Corvithearti on tumblr of Namor in a version of that suit?

No! Nicely done.

I honestly wasn't expecting Namor to show up this year at all if he didn't have more than one page in the last one and in that time he was more connected to the Krakoa plot by way of rejecting it, but now the plots gone on too long and nothing from Namor's side.
    I wasn't expecting much, until they announced Namor's Hellfire Gala cover.

Of course, it's the writers that push Namor, not Marvel Editorial, and the reason we got Namor in the X-Men was because of Hickman. I think he had something planned for him, but since he left... I was hoping Gillen would use Namor more, but sady, I don't think he will do more than cameo, which is really ODD, since Namor is an Avenger, a mutant that apparently the Eternals are trying to wipe out, and knows about the God Whisperer, which took out the Eternals!

I do love Gillen, but I don't think he reads to many prior comics or tries to incorporate continuity like Ewing.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-03-2022 at 11:50 AM.