Page 49 of 238 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I've always felt the idea of a swimmer who could no longer swim, turned super villain, to be pretty weak, even silly, but that being said anything can work with the right writing.
    I mean in the Amazing Spider-Man movie the main villain didn't have an arm and did experiments to regrow one. Honestly do we even need a backstory for Tigershark? If he was in a movie he would be one of the thugs of a bigger bad guy. As you said it would depend on the writing.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Well Kurt Connors has a much more emotional story that is directly connected to Peter, like most Spider-Man villains, plus the Lizard isn't the greatest Spider-Man foe. Arliss was just a random dude, he's never had that emotional connection to be the great Namor nemesis. I understand later he did nasty things to Namor, I just wish he had more depth. I do NOT want TigerShark to be anyone's thug. This is one of my main gripes with the character.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Buscema's TigerShark is the best, the silhouette, the powerful look and attitude, I just can't stand the orange kirbyesque zigzags.
    Different strokes etc but I think that makes his look very distinguishable. It echos the sharp teach of a shark.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This is so awesome. I want modern Jae Lee to redo 90's Jae Lee's Suma-Ket story arc.
    Well, I'd buy that!

Which makes me wonder ... there have been single iconic issues redrawn recently, like Giant Size X-Men 1 -- most with every page done by a different artist. Is there a single issue of a Namor book that you'd like given the same treatment?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, I'd buy that!

Which makes me wonder ... there have been single iconic issues redrawn recently, like Giant Size X-Men 1 -- most with every page done by a different artist. Is there a single issue of a Namor book that you'd like given the same treatment?
    Oh man, that'd be a hard one. I'd most likely choose an old SilverAge issue, but what issue.. I'd want to see Dorma, Attuma, Tirgershark.

I don't think I'd want Namor to be in the first FF. I think the best option is for the FF to discover the Negative Zone. Namor could be hinted at, but come later. A sub plot of the first film could be a discovery of Sub-Terranea and a skirmish with Mole Man, which could disturb or alert the Atlanteans, kicking off sequel bait.

Hints of Galactus, hints of Doom, and you have an entire category of FF films with people chomping at the bit to see these characters.
    Hmmm. Well, selfishly, because I don't want to die before seeing Namor on the screen, but I agree that Namor probably shouldn't appear in the first FF movie. There will be a ton of stuff that needs to established in that first movie. As much as I love Doom, I don't think he needs to be in the first movie either -- given he's been all three FF 'first' movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Don't know why we are talking about Ben Grimm and FF in a Namor thread when I'm very certain there are threads for each FF member and so on.
    Actually, there aren't threads for each FF member. And the one who does have an individual thread, Sue, they were talking about Namor. LOL!

If we are talking casting then I would want to talk about Sub-Mariner supporting characters, and the FF are not his supporting characters, in fact Namor is their supporting character.
    That's cool. Of course, I love talking about that. But I'm happy to talk about / to most people posting here.

That said, it's late, and I am not as familiar with the newest actors. I'll have to think on it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh man, that'd be a hard one. I'd most likely choose an old SilverAge issue, but what issue.. I'd want to see Dorma, Attuma, Tirgershark.
    Trying to think of an issue that has all three characters. I'd say the wedding, which I know had Attuma and Dorma, but I don't think it had Tigershark.

Trying to think of an issue that has all three characters. I'd say the wedding, which I know had Attuma and Dorma, but I don't think it had Tigershark.
    It has Llyra though, which is a great runner up.

It has Llyra though, which is a great runner up.
    Yes, indeed.

This is so awesome. I want modern Jae Lee to redo 90's Jae Lee's Suma-Ket story arc.
    Sounds interesting. But no matter what, I'll always love the '90s artwork of Jae Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Different strokes etc but I think that makes his look very distinguishable. It echos the sharp teach of a shark.
    Not only distinguishable, but quite threatening (IMHO):

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Well Kurt Connors has a much more emotional story that is directly connected to Peter, like most Spider-Man villains, plus the Lizard isn't the greatest Spider-Man foe. Arliss was just a random dude, he's never had that emotional connection to be the great Namor nemesis. I understand later he did nasty things to Namor, I just wish he had more depth. I do NOT want TigerShark to be anyone's thug. This is one of my main gripes with the character.
    That's the issue with most of Namor's characters in that age, none of his villains have close emotional ties with him, except Byrrah who was his cousin/step brother whatever growing up. I wouldn't mind if Llyra and Tiger Shark worked together instead if Tiger Shark being a lackey, but if we want Tiger Shark to have more impact then someone would need to invest in adding to his past, much like how Busiek changed Attuma from a one note villain into a Prince of the Chasm People who lost everything and now bares an ever lasting grudge to Atlantis/Namor.

Imo Tiger Shark has been long overdue for a rehaul/update or something. He would make a terrifying villain and tbh do we even really need his backstory when he could just be the only survivor of a set of experiments either by a villain or the government? It would be easy to say Tiger Shark has a one sided hatred towards Namor bc he was changed to be like him aka underwater super killers/soldiers. There's many different ways to approach his character if Marvel put a good writer on it.

Well, I'd buy that!

I honestly would want Jae Lee to come back and redo his work with his current art style. I think it would be very cool to see how he approaches the Suma-Ket/Artys-Gran storyline after decades of art experience in comics vs him just starting out.

And while I understand they might discuss Namor in other threads, I do think Namor's thread does get turned into a FF thread far too often. Namor has so much more to offer than FF, there is Defenders etc. And I would love to hear thoughts of a possible Movie Defenders since I don't consider the Netflix Defenders to be the actual team, they were heroes for hire with team ups, the Defenders should always be against magical threats of a grand nature.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Ask for a moderator's help? Sheesh.

You just do what others always say, just scroll over it!

But to answer your questions

1) Betty Dean
    The real question is should she be blonde or brunette (I think I know what you would say) as I've seen both in either Golden Age or flashback scenes.

2) Carrie Alexander? How long was this character around even? Supporting character? Made such a small diff to me in the overall storyline of Namor. But I vote for a blonde since it shouldn't matter, right?

3) Now we're talking, Llyra. A younger Wanda Sykes would fill the bill for me.

4) Vashti: I vote Harrison Ford, but he won't want that blue makeup.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

That's the issue with most of Namor's characters in that age, none of his villains have close emotional ties with him, except Byrrah who was his cousin/step brother whatever growing up. I wouldn't mind if Llyra and Tiger Shark worked together instead if Tiger Shark being a lackey, but if we want Tiger Shark to have more impact then someone would need to invest in adding to his past, much like how Busiek changed Attuma from a one note villain into a Prince of the Chasm People who lost everything and now bares an ever lasting grudge to Atlantis/Namor.

Imo Tiger Shark has been long overdue for a rehaul/update or something. He would make a terrifying villain and tbh do we even really need his backstory when he could just be the only survivor of a set of experiments either by a villain or the government? It would be easy to say Tiger Shark has a one sided hatred towards Namor bc he was changed to be like him aka underwater super killers/soldiers. There's many different ways to approach his character if Marvel put a good writer on it.
    This is 100% true. Tigershark has languished for decades as a d-lister brick because he, and many Subby villains, have had no one to pick them up, dust them off and give them new life. Tigershark should legit be one of the most terrifying villains in Marvel, but he's treated as a goon if he even shows up at all.
    Last edited by Doombot; 06-25-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Tiger Shark is probably my favorite villain for Namor. His original appearances way back were very awesome for 10 or 12 year old me.

Despite my feelings about Sue and Namor, Diane Arlis presented a very good possible romance for Namor. I loved it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Tiger Shark is probably my favorite villain for Namor. His original appearances way back were very awesome for 10 or 12 year old me.

Despite my feelings about Sue and Namor, Diane Arlis presented a very good possible romance for Namor. I loved it.
    I loved Diane Arliss ... if only for how she ticked off Dorma. LOL!

She was different from some of Namor's other ladies in that Namor didn't really pursue her. I think alot of that triangle was Diane being attracted to Namor.