Page 142 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3557

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh lord. Why are you ambushing me with that ugliness? Any second now, Iron Maiden is going pull out that awful Maleev Bendis Namor. LOL!
    Don't worry fam. I got you.

images.jpeg-26.jpg

(sorry I couldn't resist, I'll see myself out)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

images.jpeg-26.jpg

hey, is that my deli guy!?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    hahaha, I think that is everyone's deli guy!

It looks like his forearm is in a cast!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Conquered Shores Preview

It's so good already!!!! This series is going to be wonderful!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I think Namor would/will die before he ever ages to frailty.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

images.jpeg-26.jpg

aaaaah!!

I KNEW IT!!!

Dear god, it never gets any better.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    hahaha, I think that is everyone's deli guy!

It looks like his forearm is in a cast!

LOL! Even as a short order cook in a diner Namor looked better.

You know it is bad, when even the artist apologizes for the portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleev
    Infamous Ironman had me revisit a story I drew 8 years ago. Looking at the pages now, I confess I agree with the flack I caught from fans.
    https://twitter.com/alexmaleev/statu...bm5fFmI-JwMX0g
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That Maleev Namor is an atrocity which ruined an otherwise enjoyable book.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I wish Namor had made into Immortal Hulk beyond that cameo. I would have loved to have seen more Joe Bennett art of Namor in action. A modern Namor-Hulk slugfest would have been amazing.

Welp. I'm going to throw a curveball into the conversation now.

Let's talk about Orka.

Debuting at the very tail end of the Silver Age, Orka was created, as many were during that time, as little more than a "goon with a gimmick". He's a bit of an aimless character, rarely doing much on his own, usually being used as a heavy for another character's plots. His personality, powers, and even size seem to be contradictory over the years. Fused or genetically infused with one of the most intelligent animals in the world, the Orca, he himself is a dimwit, yet also has resistance telepathy. He can fight Namor or Thor to a standstill, but be blown to hell by a Doombot or otherwise dismissed in other showings, in spite of being a powerhouse. Sometimes his a very large man, like 7-8 feet, other times he's like 20 feet.

Here's the question: How would you "fix" Orka? How do you drag him into the 21st century, modernize him and make him an actual threat to Namor and the world at large? Or is a "whale man" just too silly to be taken seriously, even for comics?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Orka is basically a very large Atlantean who got messed with by Dr. Dorcas. Imo Dr. Dorcas needs to make a huge come back and be cemented as the freaky scientist who creates a never ending supply of half human, or atlantean, or mutant/sea creature killing machines which he sells to the highest bidder in his attempt to find a way to gain an immortal life or to destroy Namor with, it would create a good recurring plot line and more enemies for Namor. Orka and Tigershark and others like him could become much more scary when we go with them leaning less into the "Goon" side and more with the "Scary as Heck experiment". Namor could be trying not to kill them since they were basically messed with by Dorcas and he has sympathy for their plight. Make Orka and Tigershark and others tragic rather than buffoonish.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Conquered Shores Preview

It's so good already!!!! This series is going to be wonderful!
    Well. A very thoughtful Namor ... but still the same in some ways. "If it comes from the water it belongs to me." LOL@

My only complaint ... covering up way too much of Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I think Namor would/will die before he ever ages to frailty.
    I have to agree. "Aging is for other people." LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I wish Namor had made into Immortal Hulk beyond that cameo. I would have loved to have seen more Joe Bennett art of Namor in action. A modern Namor-Hulk slugfest would have been amazing.

I agree. I think they had the most connections and fights of all the superheros for many years.

As for more Bennett Namor, IIRC, he did the final Best Defense issue, that had all the Defenders stories tie up together.

Let's talk about Orka.

Debuting at the very tail end of the Silver Age, Orka was created, as many were during that time, as little more than a "goon with a gimmick". He's a bit of an aimless character, rarely doing much on his own, usually being used as a heavy for another character's plots. His personality, powers, and even size seem to be contradictory over the years. Fused or genetically infused with one of the most intelligent animals in the world, the Orca, he himself is a dimwit, yet also has resistance telepathy. He can fight Namor or Thor to a standstill, but be blown to hell by a Doombot or otherwise dismissed in other showings, in spite of being a powerhouse. Sometimes his a very large man, like 7-8 feet, other times he's like 20 feet.

Here's the question: How would you "fix" Orka? How do you drag him into the 21st century, modernize him and make him an actual threat to Namor and the world at large? Or is a "whale man" just too silly to be taken seriously, even for comics?

I always liked Orca, even with all of the changes!

At one time he had huge dorsal fins and I think a dark brown color, not the blue/white we see regularly. He looked more ferocious but I cannot remember if he was a giant then or not.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Let's talk about Orka.

Orka is another Namor rogue that was killed, and then suddenly reappears alive with no explanation. I think the same happened to Tiger Shark, IIRC.

He was also another Namor rogue, like Tiger Shark, who was reformed, IIRC, when he joined Heroes of Hire.

It's one step forward, and two steps back.

Though, thinking about it, I think they should leave that Orka dead, and create a new one. Stupid whale man just doesn't work nowadays, and is ironic, since orcas are one of the most intelligent and social of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Orka is basically a very large Atlantean who got messed with by Dr. Dorcas. Imo Dr. Dorcas needs to make a huge come back and be cemented as the freaky scientist who creates a never ending supply of half human, or atlantean, or mutant/sea creature killing machines which he sells to the highest bidder in his attempt to find a way to gain an immortal life or to destroy Namor with, it would create a good recurring plot line and more enemies for Namor. Orka and Tigershark and others like him could become much more scary when we go with them leaning less into the "Goon" side and more with the "Scary as Heck experiment". Namor could be trying not to kill them since they were basically messed with by Dorcas and he has sympathy for their plight. Make Orka and Tigershark and others tragic rather than buffoonish.
    I like your idea for Dorcas, kind of like a Dr Moreau or Dr Frankenstein, but he HAS to have a name change. Dorcas is just an awful name. I think he should look like the newest version of Dorcas, where he looks like part starfish. Creepy! And I agree that his creations should look more scary and Cthulu creepy. Remind people why they fear the ocean depths.

I think we are getting a new Namor statue. Diamond Select?

https://twitter.com/sidewalksiren/st...SFueoKTiwwrm5g

Haven't seen an official announcement, but I think this is from NYCC.