Page 58 of 238 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Have some holiday commitments, so won't be able to catch up to all the posts, until later. Happy 4th everyone!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Has anyone actually seen Tenoch Huerta in a movie?

I've seen him in two things, and neither have struck me as suitable for Namor. I've seen Forever Purge and a short called Debris. He was also in The 33, which I saw, but I don't recall him in that all.

It's not my cup of tea at all, but I guess I'll have to watch Narcos Mexico, which I suspect was what caught the casting director's attention.
    I only know him from Narcos: Mexico where he is quite villainess and terrifying, but it's so funny because he has a pot belly so he musta hit the gym super hard to get this ripped.

Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-04-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Has anyone actually seen Tenoch Huerta in a movie?

I've seen him in two things, and neither have struck me as suitable for Namor. I've seen Forever Purge and a short called Debris. He was also in The 33, which I saw, but I don't recall him in that all.

It's not my cup of tea at all, but I guess I'll have to watch Narcos Mexico, which I suspect was what caught the casting director's attention.
    I watched him in a few movies, the most recent one I saw was Madres, it's horror/suspense movie and imo he acted very well as the husband/father to be with a range of emotions from lighthearted to serious. I haven't seen Narcos yet.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Lady Dorma art by Stephanie Buscema, I really love how cute this is!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Lady Dorma art by Stephanie Buscema, I really love how cute this is!
    This is adorable!

I loved how her dad updated Lady Dorma's outfit in one visit to the surface, and she's updating that. So cool!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I only know him from Narcos: Mexico where he is quite villainess and terrifying, but it's so funny because he has a pot belly so he musta hit the gym super hard to get this ripped.

Heh. Pot Belly Prince. ;p

Well, the BP2 images are art, not photos, and from what I've seen of the actor, he's no where near as ripped or big as the merchandise picture. Though, from his recent pictures certainly don't show a pot belly.

It's good to hear that he has a presence in Narcos. That's what I was looking for in the movies I've seen so far, but didn't quite find.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I watched him in a few movies, the most recent one I saw was Madres, it's horror/suspense movie and imo he acted very well as the husband/father to be with a range of emotions from lighthearted to serious. I haven't seen Narcos yet.
    Wasn't aware of that one. HBO has another one called Son of Monarchs, which I'll watch sometime soon.

I did like Huerta's character's relationship with his wife in Forever Purge. That emotion came through.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Heh. Pot Belly Prince. ;p

Well, the BP2 images are art, not photos, and from what I've seen of the actor, he's no where near as ripped or big as the merchandise picture. Though, from his recent pictures certainly don't show a pot belly.
    Kumail Nanjiani was able to do it, so I have no doubt about Huerta

This is adorable!

I loved how her dad updated Lady Dorma's outfit in one visit to the surface, and she's updating that. So cool!
    In agreement with you, Reviresco! If you're referring to Sub-Mariner (1968) #7, then that's the one that I remember...

That is cute. I want her to look exactly like this when she comes back, lol.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Wasn't aware of that one. HBO has another one called Son of Monarchs, which I'll watch sometime soon.

I did like Huerta's character's relationship with his wife in Forever Purge. That emotion came through.
    I think it's important for actors to actually show emotions and not be so wooden/one expression all the time. Namor's character may seem very Grim and Unsmiling but that's not true, he has lots of emotions, and it's not all Rage, so if Tenoch can show Namor's other emotions well then I will be very happy, it will depend on the plot/script too, but I really hope for good character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Kumail Nanjiani was able to do it, so I have no doubt about Huerta

And Huerta has a history of being active in fitness...no pot belly here...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you, Reviresco! If you're referring to Sub-Mariner (1968) #7, then that's the one that I remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That is cute. I want her to look exactly like this when she comes back, lol.
    YES! That's it! So 60s mod! I love it. She's even got a cute bob.

I would be happy to see Lady Dorma don this outfit when she returns.

I also love this page, for the, "I command you, Lady Dorma to remain in Atlantis."

Next panel, Lady Dorma showing Namor what she thinks of being commanded. LOL!

Upon Lady Dorma's seeing of Diane
    thought balloons:
    "Well... at least she's not another blonde!

the only thing that troubles me... is no airlock to throw her out"
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Upon Lady Dorma's seeing of Diane
    thought balloons:
    "Well... at least she's not another blonde!

the only thing that troubles me... is no airlock to throw her out"
    I know, right?! Still LOVE their first meeting (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-05-2022 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Back in the day, Diane was quite attractive to me, and certainly an interesting character in her own right.

Let's face it, Namor is portrayed as a semi-lothario in many of the earlier stories. Women are just attracted to him.

He knows it.

He is not ashamed of it.

(it's the speedo, for gawd's sake, lol)

In the Hollywood before my time ('40s, '50s, earlier?) there was this thing about 'latin-lovers'. Of course the greatest is

Rudolph Valentino from the silent era. But I reckon some of that goes into Namor's 'makeup' at least in earlier runs.

So I find it amusingly ironic or too calculated that an actor who may / seems to be Namor

is a sort of Latin-Lover type through the actor's appearance.

"Don't cry Susan. Namor has always been a lady's man.... or ... fishy kind of guy"
    ~ Oberon ~