Page 107 of 238 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hey all! The Summer of Namor continues with...Namor vs. Meranno aka U-Man
    This is more of a deep cut for the Invaders fans, but fun story about this one. My friend has been loving my Namor cosplay work and wanted to collab with me. First thing he asked though, is there a Namor villain that isnt shirtless lol. Obviously Byrrah and Krang are out of the question, and Orka is a bit silly, so we went with U-Man instead! Which also worked out great for me because the version of my Namor the black vest cosplay is inspired by the All New invaders run. We shot this at this rusted shipwreck in the pacific Palisades, and the thing behind us is this old crane operating thing, which was cool. casue it kinda doubled as a tank, very WWII vibes

Also stay tuned, shooting with my favorite villain of all time tomorrow, Tiger Shark!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh so cool, namorcosplay!

Meranno is a great and mysterious character.

Another great and mysterious mutated Atlantean villain (who wears shirts too, lol) is Tyrak.
    Wow! You look great, as usual! Love those extra long shiny wrist bracers. Tell your friend his costume is amazing! I love the bit of wear on the metal parts, like the helmet wings and detailing. Makes it look very WWII real. And you are so right! That rusted out crane definitely looks like a tank and lends a great period atmosphere. This is so cool!

Tiger Shark!!!!

I haven't heard of Tyrrak in a while. I wonder if he is still alive.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Most excellent finds, Reviresco! Yes, these are indeed the images I remembered! (See, I wouldn't lie to ya all!)

The costume does look different enough that decades later Namor did not know it was the Whizzer in the Avengers issue.

Ahh, thank you kindly! (Takes a bow, lol.) I am glad to have contibuted---and with your help--- to solve the Great Whizzer Costume Mystery!
    Always cool to learn new things.

It is different. The main thing for me, other than the cape, is the helmet, instead of his Captain America wing head.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A short nice article on one fan's take on Namor and the MCU.

Submariner: The Complexity of Namor

But I'm curious about this one example.

I am not much of a fan where he is a wholesale dick. My favorite version is where his valor and dickishness is well balanced with a well crafted story. John Byrne’s run on Namor comes to mind when think about those stories.
    Uhn. Wut? I really don't recall Namor being all that 'dickish' in Byrne's run. Quite the opposite. I think Byrne went out of his way to smooth out Namor's complexities to make a more standard superhero, what with his oxygen blood balance mess.

I tried to think of a memorable arc in Byrne's run, but only the Invaders arc stood out to me. There was the trial, but that was more of a recap and again, a way to smooth out Namor's personality. I thought the Namor as CEO was a great idea, especially at the time, when Wall Street was a big subject in Hollywood. But it turns out that wasn't even Byrne's idea! And what memorable stories did we see from that? We had the Marrs twins introduced, but they were a riff on the siblings Mel and Susan Proffit from Wiseguy, but was there actually a storyline there?

Anyway, this person also has a cool shirt on T e e public, which I can't post here but is at the end of the article. He doesn't use Namor or Sub-Mariner on his listing so I've missed it on my usual searches.

[img]https://doctormultiverse.files.wordpress.com/2022/04/imperius-rex-*********.webp?w=630[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow!

I haven't heard of Tyrrak in a while. I wonder if he is still alive.
    Oh, I am sure Tyrak is alive and well, doing some dastardly underwater things, blaming us "surface scum" for it, and getting ready to attack us again!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-21-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Uhn. Wut? I really don't recall Namor being all that 'dickish' in Byrne's run. Quite the opposite. I think Byrne went out of his way to smooth out Namor's complexities to make a more standard superhero, what with his oxygen blood balance mess.
    I am not sure I read the entire run, but from what I do remember reading, Namor seemed very much the opposite of that comment. To me, Namor seemed wise, educated, persuasive, even regal. He seemed to talk first, then smash and did not seem to be at odds with the surface world. Didn't he even create a company.....Oracle Inc? or am I thinking of something else? And wasn't Namorita also working there?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I tried to think of a memorable arc in Byrne's run, but only the Invaders arc stood out to me. There was the trial, but that was more of a recap and again, a way to smooth out Namor's personality. I thought the Namor as CEO was a great idea, especially at the time, when Wall Street was a big subject in Hollywood. But it turns out that wasn't even Byrne's idea! And what memorable stories did we see from that? We had the Marrs twins introduced, but they were a riff on the siblings Mel and Susan Proffit from Wiseguy, but was there actually a storyline there?
    Yeah! The most memorable thing about Desmond Marrs was his spoilers:
    death. Instead of letting The Punisher do it, Des just offs himself...
    end of spoilers

Oh, I am sure Tyrrak is alive and well, doing some dastardly underwater things, blaming us "surface scum" for it, and getting ready to attack us again!
    I know, right?! One thing's for sure: Whatever Tyrak's up to, it'll definitely piss-off Cap

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! One thing's for sure: Whatever Tyrak's up to, it'll definitely piss-off Cap
    Yep, this is the story where Tyrak is hughly empowered and fights all of the Avengers before being defeated.

But there is a later story too where Tyrak is much larger and he also fights the team before barely being defeated.

Yep, this is the story where Tyrak is hughly empowered and fights all of the Avengers before being defeated.

But there is a later story too where Tyrak is much larger and he also fights the team before barely being defeated.
    Yeah! Already checked his wiki, he's had quite a few appearances. But, my all-time favorite would be from...

Avengers #156

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! Already checked his wiki, he's had quite a few appearances. But, my all-time favorite would be from...

Avengers #156

I think it is the artwork, coloring and team work that makes this so great!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Out in the wild already!

https://twitter.com/richardriderr/st...U-fwAQnEJorAPA

Looks like I will be making a trip to Target tomorrow.

Also that Buy 2 get 1 Free Funko sale appears to be good on pre-orders too! I guess I'll be placing that Target order now.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-22-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

A short nice article on one fan's take on Namor and the MCU.

Submariner: The Complexity of Namor

Anyway, this person also has a cool shirt on T e e public, which I can't post here but is at the end of the article. He doesn't use Namor or Sub-Mariner on his listing so I've missed it on my usual searches.
    My issue is with them calling Namor vile, like in all of his works Namor has never done anything that would describe that? Unless of course they mean to include all the r/pey Sue moments most of which are taken out of context, or if they mean the drowning of Wakanda which again he was possessed, but like outside of that I don't think Namor is a vile character or done actions so vile it warrants being labeled as such? I'm not counting his golden age propaganda/comics bc Namor's silver age and onward personality is what is counted for current Marvel continuity. Namor constantly gives second chances even to his worst enemies.

People seem to think that Byrne wrote the whole 90s run, when he didn't and most of the worst characterization and the very "macho man huge ego misogynist" Namor that many people seem to remember comes from the issues by Herdling & Isherwood, this is the character that was carried into the F4 comics that would constantly make plays for Sue. The character who handed Phoebe Marrs his suit and asked her to press it for him, the character who frankly I hate. You know how much I hate the end of the 90s run with Llyron and Llyra, but there are other aspects of it that have done Namor's character no favors and have been embedded into public perception of him.

I love Namor, even for his flaws, and I'm not trying to excuse his character but in my honest opinion Namor is not a misogynist, he doesn't hate or look down on women, sure he says things like "female" or "woman" rather than names but that has more to do with the Conan Warrior speak, something archaic and I suppose people invoke for Princes/Kings whatever. I don't know what Vileness they are referring to honestly so this has me baffled.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Out in the wild already!

https://twitter.com/richardriderr/st...U-fwAQnEJorAPA

Looks like I will be making a trip to Target tomorrow.

Also that Buy 2 get 1 Free Funko sale appears to be good on pre-orders too! I guess I'll be placing that Target order now.
    omg! but Namor's wrists look so naked without the arm bracers ):
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Wow. That's longer than I thought. I'll finish listening to it shortly. Thanks for sharing it!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    omg! but Namor's wrists look so naked without the arm bracers ):
    Yep. But that could easily be fixed with a Bedazzler! LOL

Actually, this is the least ... detailed of the MCU figures. It is the Titan line. So, they are inexpensive, don't have as much articulation as the action figure, and not as much detail.