Page 123 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Miss a few days and you guys go crazy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Didn't Mr. Fantastic help invent the suit? I love these pix of the last several posts.
    As a Neo/Modern day Pagan, I love Namor praying to Neptune/Poseidon.
    To my mind, they've never explored the possibilities of a modern day Pagan community, under the sea even, very well.
    There could be so much there to explore.
    Yes, Richards invented the suit after a chemical spill robbed Namor of his ability to breath out of the water, I think. It circulated water in the scales, IIRC.

They really don't deal with the Atlanteans religion, though Neptune has made quite a few appearances. They do have priests, who, apparently, Namor isn't that fond of.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    A few months back I was looking for examples of Atleantean writing that may have been shown over the years. Looking through some old issues to post pics up here in the thread, I came across this cool little panel of Namor seeing ancient Atlantean text describing the royal lineage back through time. This is when Namor first gets the black scale and yellow finned outfit. (Also, note MORE sub-sea flames!)

This gives me vibes of a kindredness to Wonder Woman, who back in the day who would often pray to her deities. Also to Thor and Hercules who would often make Namor seem less than them due to their own association to the godly associations.

Namor has his own connection to (his) gods and this is a good demonstration of it. Namor is no less regal nor no less of a Prince of the Realm (it just depends on which realm one is speaking: Atlantean, Asgardian or Olympian)!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-19-2022 at 02:39 PM. Reason: wording
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Yes, Richards invented the suit after a chemical spill robbed Namor of his ability to breath out of the water, I think. It circulated water in the scales, IIRC.

They really don't deal with the Atlanteans religion, though Neptune has made quite a few appearances. They do have priests, who, apparently, Namor isn't that fond of.
    I wonder if we’ll get any movie synergy for any future Marvel comics that will deal with Namor, and the cultural aspects that come with the civilization the MCU is taking its cues from.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll get any movie synergy for any future Marvel comics that will deal with Namor, and the cultural aspects that come with the civilization the MCU is taking its cues from.
    I hope not. I wish the best for the MCU version of Namor, and hope they really try to bring the core characteristics of the character to the big screen, but the film and comic origins and culture are just too different, and would clash heavily with decades of previous stories.

Lol, "while you were sleeping".

"Miss a day....miss a lot!" lol.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Lol, "while you were sleeping".

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    "Miss a day....miss a lot!" lol.

LOL! I wish I was sleeping.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope not. I wish the best for the MCU version of Namor, and hope they really try to bring the core characteristics of the character to the big screen, but the film and comic origins and culture are just too different, and would clash heavily with decades of previous stories.
    I have to agree. While I am hoping the MCU Namor blows up big time with his own movie or Disney+ show, I really don't want to see the pretzel the comics would twist the character in for movie synergy. I'm already annoyed that the MCU has wiped out most of Namor's history. Don't need to see that in the MU. Or worse, him get the Nick Fury Battle Scars treatment.

I have to agree. While I am hoping the MCU Namor blows up big time with his own movie or Disney+ show, I really don't want to see the pretzel the comics would twist the character in for movie synergy. I'm already annoyed that the MCU has wiped out most of Namor's history. Don't need to see that in the MU. Or worse, him get the Nick Fury Battle Scars treatment.
    I'd probably quit comics for good if some MCU styled AU Namor was brought over and knocked our Namor out of his role.

Hey, Reviresco! Here's Reed explaining the injuries Namor sustained from that explosion...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-19-2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Yes, thanks for that too. This was during the period when Medusa had replaced Sue.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So many great posts to catch up on!

As for Namor News today, he made a tiny cameo in AXE #5 but its very small. Nothing in Avengers. I wonder if we will see him again before the mini series is out?

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So many great posts to catch up on!

As for Namor News today, he made a tiny cameo in AXE #5 but its very small. Nothing in Avengers. I wonder if we will see him again before the mini series is out?

The detail on his face his awful, especially for a professional artist!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hey, Reviresco! Here's Reed explaining the injuries Namor sustained from that explosion...

But I thought this special suit was also to stabilize Namor's blood-oxygen levels too---so that his....fits of rages in/out of the water....would be...greatly moderated?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The detail on his face his awful, especially for a professional artist!
    it's a super zoomed in look, it's a huge splash page with lots of characters but I was just focused on Namor, lol.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis