Page 124 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But I thought this special suit was also to stabilize Namor's blood-oxygen levels too---so that his....fits of rages in/out of the water....would be...greatly moderated?
    No. No one thought Namor had "fits of rage" until like 20 years later when Byrne decided that. Most writers before that were pretty good at showing Namor had some justification for being angry -- like air breathers nuking his city or dumping chemical wastes in the ocean.

The black suit Reed created for him just to allow Namor to breath out of water, which a chemical spill robbed him of. IIRC, it was Doom who fixed the problem as well as bringing the Atlanteans out of a toxic coma.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So many great posts to catch up on!

As for Namor News today, he made a tiny cameo in AXE #5 but its very small. Nothing in Avengers. I wonder if we will see him again before the mini series is out?

I hear you. Work has been ... tiring.

Poor Namor looks like a rag doll. A very angry rag doll. LOL! I guess it was more important that we see every detail of Doop's big butt. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Rumor has it that Hot Topic has gotten the MCU Namor Funko Pops. I haven't gotten by to check on it, but will try to do so this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No. No one thought Namor had "fits of rage" until like 20 years later when Byrne decided that. Most writers before that were pretty good at showing Namor had some justification for being angry -- like air breathers nuking his city or dumping chemical wastes in the ocean.

The black suit Reed created for him just to allow Namor to breath out of water, which a chemical spill robbed him of. IIRC, it was Doom who fixed the problem as well as bringing the Atlanteans out of a toxic coma.
    OK, thanks. I must be forgetting(!) or mixing up the stories. I have not read them in a long time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

OK, thanks. I must be forgetting(!) or mixing up the stories. I have not read them in a long time.
    A little bit of conflating two stories. IIRC, the theory of blood imbalance came about when Namor was wearing the green speedo or a business suit. They didn't try to put him back into a black body sock until the 2000s with Quesada and Brevroot. I honestly think Brevroot has a bit of the puritanical view of Namor, as he's always trying to put him in pants / a costume, or going on about how the speedo isn't 'regal'. SMH.

Another cover for Avengers 64, coming out in January, which is one of the last of Aaron's run. And no. I have NO idea what is going on with either Namor's expression or his costume. Maybe he's manically happy that he can finally leave this mess, and that costume is EXPLODING off of him! FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Another cover for Avengers 64, coming out in January, which is one of the last of Aaron's run. And no. I have NO idea what is going on with either Namor's expression or his costume. Maybe he's manically happy that he can finally leave this mess, and that costume is EXPLODING off of him! FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yeah, it seems like everyone's costumes are disintegrating off of them and many are bloody or bleeding! What is going on here? Is that Odin with Mjolnir II?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Pretty sure that young Odin, from the "B.C." Avengers nonsense.

Yeah, it seems like everyone's costumes are disintegrating off of them and many are bloody or bleeding! What is going on here? Is that Odin with Mjolnir II?
    Yes, why is Namor the only one NOT bleeding? Is that why he's so manically happy?

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Pretty sure that young Odin, from the "B.C." Avengers nonsense.
    I think you are correct. And I agree. Nonsense. This can't end soon enough.

We all need to pool our change and bid on this COMPLETE RUN of Marvel Mystery Comics up for auction!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-co...p-for-auction/

Found a Hot Topic in the mall today and for some reason, they were CLOSED. Not. Happy. I can't remember the last time I was in a mall. So I took my money down to GameStop where they had a 50% off sale on their clearance items, and bought some non-Namor toys on sale that I didn't need.

I've also seen pictures of the MCU Namor action figure in hand, so apparently it too is already being released.

A little bit of conflating two stories. IIRC, the theory of blood imbalance came about when Namor was wearing the green speedo or a business suit. They didn't try to put him back into a black body sock until the 2000s with Quesada and Brevroot. I honestly think Brevroot has a bit of the puritanical view of Namor, as he's always trying to put him in pants / a costume, or going on about how the speedo isn't 'regal'. SMH.
    LOL! I remember when the suit was brought back in...

New Thunderbolts #8

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I remember when the suit was brought back in...

New Thunderbolts #8

Ah, thank you! That came out in the 00s, IIRC, so fits in my theory of when the body sock returned.

The D23 Wakanda Forever footage has leaked!!!

Namor News has it on twitter. Watch it before it gets pulled.

https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...fmzofYjPPcQbTA

The D23 Wakanda Forever footage has leaked!!!

Namor News has it on twitter. Watch it before it gets pulled.

https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...fmzofYjPPcQbTA

If you thought he looked bada$$ standing on the beach while getting fired at ... prepare for an upgrade. My goodness. Also we get a nice entrance from Attuma.