Page 125 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The movie gets an Empire Magazine cover -- and a variant. I guess I'm going to the bookstore. LOL!

Find Empire’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever issue on newsstands from Thursday 29 September, or pre-order a copy online here now.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think we can get another couple of pounds or ten of bling around Namor's neck. ;p

BLOCK!!!

Namor doesn't even move to dodge that amazing leaping attack from M'baku. Just throws up an arm. And slapping away energy attacks! I was afraid they were going to nerf him to the Wakandans, but maybe not.

I think there's also a quick flash of Namor doing what looks like the Trident Summoning the Ocean move.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Lots of Namor News today ...

NamorCosplay got a great article at ScreenRant featuring all of his Namor costumes!

https://screenrant.com/namor-cosplay...rful-avengers/

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Lots of Namor News today ...

NamorCosplay got a great article at ScreenRant featuring all of his Namor costumes!

https://screenrant.com/namor-cosplay...rful-avengers/
    Our own NamorCosplay! I knew him when, lol!

Congrats NamorCosPlay!

I am so happy you are getting this recognition for all of your great costumes and cosplay! I enjoy all of your posts.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Congrats NamorCosplay!!! And I've been internally screaming over that video leak! I KNEW that Namor was gonna be badass! I've been busy lately, but those magazine covers look so great!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ah, thank you! That came out in the 00s, IIRC, so fits in my theory of when the body sock returned.
    You're welcome. If you'd like something earlier, then there's the Jim Lee version from Heroes Reborn

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-24-2022 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome. If you'd like something earlier, then there's the Jim Lee version from Heroes Reborn
    Awww. That sort of blows a hole in my Quesada / Brevroot theory of covering Namor up.

But it is great Jim Lee Namor, so it's all okay. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    And I've been internally screaming over that video leak! I KNEW that Namor was gonna be badass! I've been busy lately, but those magazine covers look so great!
    I was hoping Namor would have a chance to shine, but I thought it was looking bad with that amazing M'Baku leaping attack. But he stopped it cold ... with his ARM.

Also, that confrontation with Angela Bassett. OMG.

I can't wait to get my hands on that magazine and hopefully more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Our own NamorCosplay! I knew him when, lol!

Congrats NamorCosPlay!

I am so happy you are getting this recognition for all of your great costumes and cosplay! I enjoy all of your posts.
    Congrats NamorCosplay!!!

It IS great he is getting some recognition for his amazing work! Now I'm holding out for the cosplay cover for Namor's book.

https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...PilVBqj7v6ykPw

BUTTONS!!! Official buttons instead of the ones I make from images. YES!!!

My only complaint is I wish there was an Atlantean logo. I was about to say trident, but I don't think that is going to appear in the MCU.

Tenoch Huerta is going to be in another comic book project; Mark Millar's American Jesus, renamed The Chosen One / El Elegido. He's in the video introducing the project.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/519...-as-el-elegido

MillarWorld retweeted the cropped Empire cover with this:

Quote Originally Posted by MillarWorld
    ...we have this fine dude @TenochHuerta in a truly brilliant role shortly after you get to see him going to war with WAKANDA.
    Emphasis is mine.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That's very interesting! I will def have to check that out, I'm slowly making my way through his movies/shows, and I just know he is gonna be amazing as Namor!

Love the buttons too!

Here is a mcu namor video edit that was cool
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

That's very interesting! I will def have to check that out, I'm slowly making my way through his movies/shows, and I just know he is gonna be amazing as Namor!

Love the buttons too!

Here is a mcu namor video edit that was cool
    Nice edit!

There's an edit of just the Namor parts from the leak (which has been taken down). I'll see if I can find the link.

I haven't watched anything new with Huerta since Narcos Mexico, but there are several things on my list. It's just nice to see him getting more recognition.

So, GMTA ... it looks like someone else came up with the same theory I did about the MCU Megalodon throne, back in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco
    I have a theory. Now this is based on a very patchy wiki reading of Mayan and Aztec myths, and a throwaway line in a fictional book I'm reading about the Mayan god of death. Anyway, there's one creation myth that says the Feathered Serpent and his brother kill Cipactli, a sea monster, and make the earth from his remains. In the book I'm reading the line was about Cipactli's body resting under the lord of death's throne in the underworld, IIRC. Now, the sea monster is described more like a crocodile, but I think a Megalodon would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by @MaximilanMarvel
    In the Aztec creation myth (as incorporated into Marvel Comics), the previous World of the 4th Sun was entirely flooded by the fighting between the destructive Tezcatlipoca (god of war) & the more benevolent Quetzalcoatl (god of the sky).

The world was covered in a primordial ocean inhabited by the sea creature Cipactli, who devoured all life in her vicinity. Tezcatlipoca & Quetzalcoatl put aside their differences, slew Cipactli & then used her remains to create the new World of the 5th Sun

So the megalodon jaws in Namor's throne room may represent the bones of Cipactli that were used to create the current World of the 5th Sun that Tezcatlipoca & Quetzalcoatl ruled jointly, like a Taloconian foundation myth. In the comics, their foundation myth was tied to Neptune.

And the tribes/sects of Taloconian society might be based off this foundation myth. In the #BlackPantherWakandaForever trailer, Namor seems to revere an image of Quetzalcoatl & even wears a headdress evocative of Quetzalcoatl's Feathered Serpent form....

..while images of Attuma (a member of the warlike Skarka tribe of Atlanteans in the comics) appear to have elements based off Tezcatlipoca imagery, such as his large weapon bladed with black obsidian.
    https://twitter.com/MaximilanMarvel/...J_JZpDxHjkH8ug

That last bit about Namor and Attuma representing the two brothers, god of the sky and god of war, is a very interesting take, IMO.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Its just a trailer. However thoughts on Namor's voice/tone?