Page 139 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3557
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Boy, she is FIERCE. And just not getting enough love. I hope she, and Attuma, have substantial roles in the movie.
    I wonder if Attuma tries to slowly convince her that Namor is unfit to lead.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Absolutely dolls! That’s why I posted it! You guys will be the first to know!

I’m hoping this is Doctor Doom level good. Who knows. If it sells well, we can get an ongoing like they did with She-Hulk.
    Me too. I always was intrigued by Cantwell's statement that he wanted to do another arc on this Doom series. He talks about it in this article from 2020. It's fairly long to go all the way to the last paragraph where he describes the story he wanted to tell. It sounded like it would have been the most unusual Doom story to say the least.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I wonder if Attuma tries to slowly convince her that Namor is unfit to lead.
    It's tough to say. I get the vibe that these two are really Warlord Krang and Andromeda in the comics, which would follow what you're saying about Attuma trying to be a bit sneaky and undermine Namor's rule, while still keeping his rank and position as Warlord.

That HR article writer posited that they might serve as good and bad angels on Namor's shoulders, with their advice. I still like the idea of Attuma representing / following the war god, as Namor represents the feathered serpent -- but clearly, Attuma doesn't the rank or position that Namor does, so that's probably not true.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen much of these two except as warriors. They don't even interact with Namor much.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

LOL! I LOVE that second one, because it shows the two actors were having a good time, even though that scene was intense. And also the Little Mermaid reference. Perfect.

Tobey Maguire looks so odd in that first... but also funny.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. I always was intrigued by Cantwell's statement that he wanted to do another arc on this Doom series. He talks about it in this article from 2020. It's fairly long to go all the way to the last paragraph where he describes the story he wanted to tell. It sounded like it would have been the most unusual Doom story to say the least.
    I don't understand why they didn't let Cantwell do another arc. I thought the series was selling well enough. Very disappointing.

Talking to Entertainment Weekly, director Ryan Coogler teased what fans can expect from the MCU's take on this character. "He's always been really cool and charismatic, but also arrogant," the filmmaker says. "He's kind of an asshole, kind of romantic, and just incredibly powerful."
    This made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    This made me chuckle.
    I know! It covers the several bases, though.

There's zero chance Namor doesn't steal the film. As much as I don't want to be that guy, no one is really that excited about Shuri or Iron-Heart. Not Black Panther fans, not Subby fans. I'm a Black Panther fan, but without T'Challa, I'm kinda just only interested in the Namor/Talocan stuff.

Talking to Entertainment Weekly, director Ryan Coogler teased what fans can expect from the MCU's take on this character. "He's always been really cool and charismatic, but also arrogant," the filmmaker says. "He's kind of an asshole, kind of romantic, and just incredibly powerful."
    This made me chuckle.
    ^^^I love it!

Also, it’s great both Namor and Black Adam are hitting the big screen at roughly the same time.
    These two have been compared and contrasted for years now by comics fans and, I dunno I just geek out thinking there are live action versions of both now.

There's zero chance Namor doesn't steal the film. As much as I don't want to be that guy, no one is really that excited about Shuri or Iron-Heart. Not Black Panther fans, not Subby fans. I'm a Black Panther fan, but without T'Challa, I'm kinda just only interested in the Namor/Talocan stuff.
    I am wondering about that. I don't look at much of the reaction for Shuri or Iron Heart, so I can't really gage it, but both of those characters are relatively new, especially Iron Heart.

I do think they picked a really good and charismatic actor with Tenoch Huerta, and Coogler, like Ridley Scott, knows how to make an antagonist shine. I'm hopeful, cause I want to see it engender more stuff for Namor on the screen and in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I love it!

Also, it’s great both Namor and Black Adam are hitting the big screen at roughly the same time.
    These two have been compared and contrasted for years now by comics fans and, I dunno I just geek out thinking there are live action versions of both now.
    I'm looking forward to the Black Adam movie, but I also like a good Dwayne Johnson action movie ... but it is bittersweet, as there's another example of how much DC appreciates Namor.

Well it wouldn’t be the first time people thought the villain outshined the protagonist in a Black Panther movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Black Adam movie, but I also like a good Dwayne Johnson action movie ... but it is bittersweet, as there's another example of how much DC appreciates Namor.
    ^^^I gotta agree; BA owes a lot to Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

With how much it's being hyped up, it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel gave Coogler the go ahead for a solo Namor movie, like at this point there is no way that the rights aren't back with Marvel/MCU for Namor and Hulk. Universal hasn't ever made a Namor movie in all the time they had the rights and Marvel would not be investing so much into the Talocans if they didn't think this would be another Franchise like Black Panther/Wakanda. I do wonder what the third Black Panther movie would be about if they make one. I'm very excited to see the rest of the cast in the movie but I'm def more excited for Namor than anything else, lol.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis