Page 145 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    yeah I didn't see anything so far, I saw Namor on the cover of Aaron's avenger but *sigh*. I honestly dont want Namor in any events, but hopefully they will announce a new series after the movie, I just hope they dont wait until Cantwell's series is done before announcing anything.
    I think the movie is probably causing a problem with Editorial. There is not easy way to do synergy. I hope they realize there's a reason for that and don't try to synergize comic Namor.

I can't find where I saw it, but I found another listing, an upcoming Infinity Comic.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/..._comic_2022_20

Of course, following a BP issue and coming out right after the movie, November 15.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Dinosaurs are cool! Like Doom.

Was that a Diamond Select? I thought it was a Wal-Mart exclusive? But yes, about that size.

But Cantwell's series is an AU, and those don't usually sell that well. I guess that's why they are charging us a buck more. Which doesn't help encourage sales either.
    I could never figure out the price being $4.99. I'd have to check the page count next week and see if you get more than the usual $3.99. Personally, I feel like this is a sneaky way to roll in $4.99 as the new price plateau for the monthlies too.

The Doom figure was a Wal Mart Exclusive but made by Diamond Select. It's just like certain Funkos might be an exclusive to Game Stop.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I think the movie is probably causing a problem with Editorial. There is not easy way to do synergy. I hope they realize there's a reason for that and don't try to synergize comic Namor.

I can't find where I saw it, but I found another listing, an upcoming Infinity Comic.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/..._comic_2022_20

Of course, following a BP issue and coming out right after the movie, November 15.
    Is it really an AU though? From what Cantwell says it's Namor reflecting on his long life which would mean its canon to the 616, but more of one of those Alternate Futures than an all out AU. At least that's how I see it. And ohhh an unlimited comic, I'm sure it won't have alot of new stuff, probably gonna go over the Wakanda/Atlantis war or a Namor's History explained sorta thing.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I could never figure out the price being $4.99. I'd have to check the page count next week and see if you get more than the usual $3.99. Personally, I feel like this is a sneaky way to roll in $4.99 as the new price plateau for the monthlies too.

The Doom figure was a Wal Mart Exclusive but made by Diamond Select. It's just like certain Funkos might be an exclusive to Game Stop.
    Ah, didn't realize that.

As for the price ... I'm betting that they jacked up the price so it would fit their profit margins to pay for the creatives. I'm not getting the feeling that Marvel Editorial has much confidence in this book. I guess we'll have to see what we can glean from the not so accurate sales figures. I'm betting they just want to have a trade and maybe the chance at an Eisner.

Is it really an AU though? From what Cantwell says it's Namor reflecting on his long life which would mean its canon to the 616, but more of one of those Alternate Futures than an all out AU. At least that's how I see it. And ohhh an unlimited comic, I'm sure it won't have alot of new stuff, probably gonna go over the Wakanda/Atlantis war or a Namor's History explained sorta thing.
    Oh joy. Like you know how that's going to be portrayed. And yes, nothing substantial in an Infinity comic on Marvel Unlimited. But it is the only comic crumb we've been given out of NYCC.

All those alternate futures are AU, as we don't know if any of those future events will play out in the 616.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ah, didn't realize that.

As for the price ... I'm betting that they jacked up the price so it would fit their profit margins to pay for the creatives. I'm not getting the feeling that Marvel Editorial has much confidence in this book. I guess we'll have to see what we can glean from the not so accurate sales figures. I'm betting they just want to have a trade and maybe the chance at an Eisner.

Oh joy. Like you know how that's going to be portrayed. And yes, nothing substantial in an Infinity comic on Marvel Unlimited. But it is the only comic crumb we've been given out of NYCC.

All those alternate futures are AU, as we don't know if any of those future events will play out in the 616.
    Ah that is very true, well I'm looking forward to it alot so I can't wait for Wednesday!

Does anyone think that we might get a new Namor novel soon? The only Marvel Novel that focused on Namor was To Free Atlantis, but seeing how Doom had a couple of books out I was hoping Namor would get similar.

Ah that is very true, well I'm looking forward to it alot so I can't wait for Wednesday!

Does anyone think that we might get a new Namor novel soon? The only Marvel Novel that focused on Namor was To Free Atlantis, but seeing how Doom had a couple of books out I was hoping Namor would get similar.

The publisher that did those Doom books has some sort of license to do Marvel books -- they have bunch of them. I'm not sure if they also have a list of characters writers have to pick from. I do know they want published writers, who I think can submit pitches. So I don't know why there hasn't been a Namor book yet. There was one YA writer that expressed in writing a Namor book .. maybe 4 years ago, but I don't know if she is aware of the publisher or if the pay is worth it to her now -- I'm pretty sure it's not the best pay rate. She's got a few more books published since then. Her name was Rin Chupeco, IIRC.

Of course, with the movie coming out, there might be more of a push / interest. Though I don't know which Namor we would get.

I'm not sure I've read that Nancy Collins novel. I should rectify that.

And YES, regardless of whether it is AU or not, I think Cantwell's will be one of the better Namor books we get. ONLY TWO DAYS FROM NOW!!!

The publisher that did those Doom books has some sort of license to do Marvel books -- they have bunch of them. I'm not sure if they also have a list of characters writers have to pick from. I do know they want published writers, who I think can submit pitches. So I don't know why there hasn't been a Namor book yet. There was one YA writer that expressed in writing a Namor book .. maybe 4 years ago, but I don't know if she is aware of the publisher or if the pay is worth it to her now -- I'm pretty sure it's not the best pay rate. She's got a few more books published since then. Her name was Rin Chupeco, IIRC.

Of course, with the movie coming out, there might be more of a push / interest. Though I don't know which Namor we would get.

I'm not sure I've read that Nancy Collins novel. I should rectify that.

And YES, regardless of whether it is AU or not, I think Cantwell's will be one of the better Namor books we get. ONLY TWO DAYS FROM NOW!!!
    I would really rec reading this novel Rev! I love it, it's less of a F4 novel and more of a F4 guest starring, as it is centered around Namor the most. Thankfully Namor and Sue are more like the friends I think they should be in the comics. Namor and Ben had a very good moment:

Some snippets I once shared on my blog:

~

~

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I went to a different Target today and they had some stuff I didn't see at the other one. This is not the Marvel Legends Hasbro Namor but it looks pretty good. They also had Attuma. It's hard to compare if they are they same size as the Marvel Legends figures. They did look slightly smaller to me. I'm holding out for the Marvel Legends Namor to show up on the shelves.

Don't look Doombot!

New Funko incoming!

https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...XkkCDN1PRQUqoQ
    Ohhh no... lol

Sounds like it is similar in make to the Diamond Select Doctor Doom I got last year. That one is a made of that heavier grade plastic also and about a foot tall with the base. I never could figure out why it has dinosaur bones on it!

They're definitely monster/demon skulls, as if Doom was in Hell or battling supernatural threats. Those aren't dinosaurs.

Thinking a bit more on the Orka question ... I think I would take a page from the animals, and make a pod of Orkas, led by a matriarch Orka. I'd make them more intelligent and less strong. Extreme teamwork would be part of their threat. They'll need some other powers to, but that's a start.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's less updating/modernizing than just taking the name and making an entirely new concept. I really wouldn't want Subby's villains to take the Goblin route, by having 5 different characters use the name. Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin IV, Jack o'Lantern III, etc. There was a good stretch of time when it was never clear who these characters were. I wouldn't want an Orka II: Lady Orka.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's less updating/modernizing than just taking the name and making an entirely new concept. I really wouldn't want Subby's villains to take the Goblin route, by having 5 different characters use the name. Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin IV, Jack o'Lantern III, etc. There was a good stretch of time when it was never clear who these characters were. I wouldn't want an Orka II: Lady Orka.
    Hmmm. Well, I don't like either of those ideas, now that you examine them. I definitely don't want Lady Orka. I guess I'll have to think on this again. But I do think Orka should be smarter.

I went to a different Target today and they had some stuff I didn't see at the other one. This is not the Marvel Legends Hasbro Namor but it looks pretty good. They also had Attuma. It's hard to compare if they are they same size as the Marvel Legends figures. They did look slightly smaller to me. I'm holding out for the Marvel Legends Namor to show up on the shelves.

Arrrgh! Why doesn't my Target have these??? I've been looking for them. They are "battle action' figures. When you squeeze the legs together their helmet closes on their head.

Yeah, I've no idea why squeezing their legs together does that. It's COMIC BOOKS!

On the plus side, I DID get my hands on the action figure! My pre-order from Amazon came in. I also got the little key chain Funko Namor! He's adorable. Oh, and I got the Titan figure at Target.

Uhn oh. The Wakanda Forever Monopoly set is available online! Look at that Namor game piece! His foot and ankle wings!!!

Wal-Mart, Target, and Amazon are supposed to have it.

https://www.amazon.com/MONOPOLY-F540...s%2C226&sr=8-3

Hmmm. Is there an underwater Great Ball Court??? And look at Aneka's House! That looks like the burning Hacienda, doesn't it? Interesting hints in all the properties.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-10-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Oh, and there's an Attuma 'mask'! I wonder if that means we'll get a Feathered Serpent 'mask?'

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-F4810-...s%2C142&sr=8-3

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-St...-Toy/841916734

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just finished skimming the first issue, and it’s gorgeous. I didn’t have a chance to read it, because I’m reviewing 6 books this week, but it looks really gorgeous.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com