Page 146 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just finished skimming the first issue, and it’s gorgeous. I didn’t have a chance to read it, because I’m reviewing 6 books this week, but it looks really gorgeous.
    Cool! I do like Pasqual Ferry's art, and I think we'll get a futuristic and advanced tech looking Atlantis. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks for letting us know!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's less updating/modernizing than just taking the name and making an entirely new concept. I really wouldn't want Subby's villains to take the Goblin route, by having 5 different characters use the name. Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin IV, Jack o'Lantern III, etc. There was a good stretch of time when it was never clear who these characters were. I wouldn't want an Orka II: Lady Orka.
    Okay, thinking more about this ... what if Orka is a shapeshifter? And he's smarter as a whale?!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Total Film
    Wow! Another great pic!

Thank you for the links! Will watch the video shortly. Angela Bassett is so awesome!

Have to check if my digital library carries Total Film. That looks like a can't miss interview.

In director Ryan Coogler’s vision, this Namor (played by Narcos: Mexico actor Tenoch Huerta, see our exclusive image above) is the ruler of Talocan, which is inspired by Aztec culture. In the first film, Michael B. Jordan’s compelling, insanely charismatic Killmonger set an extremely high bar for future Marvel villains to clear, but it sounds like Namor is cut from the same antagonistic cloth.

"I hope so!" laughs Huerta, when TF asks if audiences might gravitate to Namor in the same way they did to Killmonger. "I never try to compare myself with other actors with my characters. But, of course, he made a great antagonist, and people loved him. I loved that character when I saw the first Black Panther movie. I hope that people engage in the same way with Namor." Crucially, Huerta also says that the interpretation of Namor is true to the comics in the sense that he’s a mutant – another step in the MCU embracing mutants post-Ms. Marvel, opening the door for their own take on the X-Men.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-11-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Oh my. Those are great posters! I'm glad we are getting to see more of Namora and Attuma. Their costumes are so intricate and amazing. Namor is really leaning into the intimidating aspect. Literally. LOL
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-11-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Checked and my library does carry digital copies of Total Film on Libby. Can't wait till the 15th! What a great week for Namor fans.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Checked and my library does carry digital copies of Total Film on Libby. Can't wait till the 15th! What a great week for Namor fans.
    SO MUCH GREAT STUFF!

and they just released another mini trailer/tv spot! here
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    SO MUCH GREAT STUFF!

and they just released another mini trailer/tv spot! here
    Just went on lunch so I just saw it! And all the Wakanda Forever emojis, including Namor, Namora, and Attuma. I can't believe this movie is going to make me like Attuma. LOL

Of course, we have Namor writing checks he's not going to be able to cash, with his "Wakanda will fall."
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-11-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Lunch time, so I got to watch this video too. Boy, Coogler and the cast are going to have a hard time sticking this movie for Chadwick Boseman and T'challa fans.

But we get to hear Tenoch say, "My enemies call me Na Mor." not NayMore!! Oh no. Though Coogler says it Naymore. I wonder who he says that to?

Also, the meeting with Ramonda does look like Namor's laying out his grievances, trying to figure out what is going on. "I need to know if Wakanda is an ally or an enemy."

I need to start collecting these movie lines.

Now I'm confused what the proper pronunciation of Namor is. I think everybody's always used "NayMore" but now suddenly it's "Na Mor..." and even the director still uses "NayMore" .

Also I wish Namora was closer to the comics. Because she looks nothing like herself.

How did they explain her transition to human skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm confused what the proper pronunciation of Namor is. I think everybody's always used "NayMore" but now suddenly it's "Na Mor..." and even the director still uses "NayMore" .

Also I wish Namora was closer to the comics. Because she looks nothing like herself.

I still think it is Naymore, and that's probably how I'll say it, because it's habit.

Tenoch may say it as Na mor, because it's close to amor the Spanish / Romance language word for love. I'm not sure they might even use it as the Portugese for whom it translates to lover / boyfriend, I believe.

I think Henry Golding had a similar pronunciation. I'll have to find the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I still think it is Naymore, and that's probably how I'll say it, because it's habit.

Tenoch may say it as Na mor, because it's close to amor the Spanish / Romance language word for love. I'm not sure they might even use it as the Portugese for whom it translates to lover / boyfriend, I believe.

I think Henry Golding had a similar pronunciation. I'll have to find the video.
    Also too, maybe saying Na Mor is keeping in line with Na Mor a (Namora) so that they are pronounced the say way and not to confuse the audience?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!