Page 151 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

this is going around from what I can tell it seems to be from the Total Film interview that I don't think is out yet? I thought it was for the 15th?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OMGGG HE SAW THEIR ART!!!

I know! It is so cool to see Tenoch Huerta acknowledging fans.

I've been waiting forever!!! I loved their interaction, even Nita seems older and wiser now, though again its in the future so idk what made her turn colder to humans but that aside their interaction is wonderful!!
    Why has turned colder to surface dwellers? Let the Nita fan fiction start!

Ok there is something called Jacktober going on and I've seen a few Namor arts for day 13 sub-mariner!
    Awesome! I'm not sure how Namor got on a Kirby October, but we'll take it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Little Gillzzz
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-13-2022 at 12:30 PM.

this is going around from what I can tell it seems to be from the Total Film interview that I don't think is out yet? I thought it was for the 15th?
    That was my understanding also. It hasn't shown up in my digital library queue, yet.

I guess they got advanced copies.

Well, at least we know he's not going to die in the movie. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Am I missing something about Luke Cage? Cap has the Super Soldier Serum, Namor is Atlantean as well as a hybrid so his lifespan is unknown, but certainly quite long. But Luke Cage?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Creative
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-13-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Little Gillzzz
    Wut? In Conquered Shores?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Am I missing something about Luke Cage? Cap has the Super Soldier Serum, Namor is Atlantean as well as a hybrid so his lifespan is unknown, but certainly quite long. But Luke Cage?
    I haven't followed Cage closely, but I don't think it's ever stated that he is long lived. However, his powers do come from some sort of science experiment, so perhaps Cantwell is saying it also extends his lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Creative
    Hmmm. You can tell the skin tone is different, but it looks pretty cool. That body figure is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Nice! Off to read it now.

The Glub? Heh.

A favorable review that hits some important points. I do agree with you on the bolded, something that the casual fan doesn't get to see in these guest spots, or that many modern writers ignore.

Cantwell’s Namor is definitely showing his age, he’s regal, with an air of superiority, but there’s a kindness there that’s always on the fringes of any good take on Namor. He’s also got this pensive vulnerability there, that he hides well, but those closest, aka Namorita, who sees it, can call him out on it.

Final Thoughts

With a story mixing elements from films, other comics, and literature, we get to see a dystopian future that bleeds these themes and situations, giving us a beautiful, effervescent world about a man who’s not sure what else he has to offer, now that he’s no longer king. It’s been too long since we’ve had a writer scratch what’s under Namor’s surface, and give us something else than an arrogant monarch, ready to fight to the death to anyone who crossed his path. I only wish this was set in the current era to give Namor some much needed pathos.
    This is an interesting take, and may indeed by something Cantwell is aiming for. Reading the book again, I felt an air of melancholy over the book, over Namor, which actually reminds of Cantwell's take on Joe MacMillan in HALT AND CATCH FIRE. That was one of the most compelling characters of the show for me, and I certainly wouldn't mind those similarities.

But YES! What you said. We now need someone who has thought about Namor and give him the nuance and emotion that we've gotten in this future Namor.

loved your review, and yes it takes a very good writer to get all the different sides of Namor, so many writers just use the angry sea king side of him and thats it, which is why I love cantwell's writing!

Nice! I do love a good pencil / charcoal piece.

Okay, since no one here asked for them, I just posted the free digital codes for my 2 variant copies of the first issue of NtS Conquered Shores.

Also, a reminder, if you have a few minutes drop a line to:

MHEROES@Marvel.com

with "okay to print" in the e-mail. They specifically ask for questions, which will hopefully be answered in a future issue.

I'm going to request they do a cosplay cover, with Namor@cosplay, who has actually got one ready to go!