Page 201 of 238 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3557
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Upon thinking on it, I wonder if what Namor says in Mayan, is KUHUL AJAW, when they subtitle it Imperius Rex! If it does mean Divine Lord, it sort of corresponds. Listen for it the next time you see it. I will do the same.
    I was trying to find online how "Imperius Rex" sounded in the Talokan language so if that's how it sounded thank you.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Not really, it moved quick for them and they expected to sleep thru the movie but they didnt

they have'nt earned his fun side yet :P
    No they haven't!

Well glad to hear it kept them awake. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    spoilers:
    One of the issues with the film, as much as I liked Namor and the Talocan, not a lot of what happened made sense. As a viewer you're just supposed to accept so much with no explanation, but my brain is firing off twenty questions every time something happens. How does Namor just show up in some Wakandan lagoon? How do you get WHALES into Wakandan rivers (which are fresh water btw) How did they create the flood? How are the Talocan undetected? How did the Talocan just get up from being impaled by Okoye on the bridge? Why is it the Talocan are sometimes bulletproof and sometimes not? Did the ones who fell down after being shot get up a moment later? How does Wakanda have a huge ocean battleship if they're landlocked with a freshwater lake and small river system? (the film did show Wakanda had a partnership with the west African country of Mali, but it too is landlocked..) Does Namor really wear the same outfit for nearly 5 centuries? lol What sort of half cooked idea was it to tell Shuri, without being asked, that this bracelet was made from the same vibranium plant that helped create me and my people and then GIVE it to her?? It was like a giant alarm could have gone off and screeched PLOT POINT! IMPORTANT THING! "This was my mother's from 400+ years ago, I want you to have it, lady I just met. Also, if you don't agree with me I will kill you and everyone you love." -Namor the Unloved.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    1. That was the water teleporting thing that was only mentioned in the publicity. My understanding was that basically they could appear in any body of water. With their whales, I guess. I thought the big light / silver thing Namor was standing in front of with a head dress that was in the trailer, may have had something to do with it, but we didn't see it in the movie.

2. It looked like they blew up the reservoir / dam, used the water bombs, and somehow used the river (hydrokinesis?) I mean, Namor was late to the party, so maybe he was doing something underwater in the river. They had some device or magic that controlled the currents, that he used to get him and Shuri to Talokan. Remember he stuck his hands in a hole and made the Rise Talokan gesture.

3. The Talokan were scary sneaky. Them dropping that vibranium detector on the shore of the lake when Namor first appeared was amazing. Granted, it may have been Namor dropping it there before he made his entrance. But it seemed to happen while he was taking to them. They also had vibranium. Perhaps they had some sort of cloaking devices like the Wakandans?

4. They never really explained how the bridge Talokans shrugged off their injuries. Though, IIRC, only one was stabbed, and he looked a little shaky. Perhaps all the Talokans had a healing factor, like Namor's?

5. Namor was bulletproof. Average Talokans were bulletproof, the same way Black Panther was. If the bullets hit their vibranium jewelry it bounced. If not, they got hit.

6. Yeah, I have no idea on the Sea Leopard. Perhaps it was amphibious? Air and sea?

7. LOL! Namor changed his costume a few times. I'm sure he has other clothes. Ceremonial paraphernalia... maybe not much change.

8. I agree. I thought the whole Shuri encounter was ... off. And YES! The bracelet did seem to be a giant PLOT CONTRIVANCE. And Namor definitely wanted everyone to understand he was offering a carrot, but if you didn't immediately accept it, he was going to ignore the stick and go straight to WMD, because I AM the Man Without Love! LOL! I get the feeling that's how he repeatedly kept Talokan secret in the past.
    end of spoilers

I agree 100%. I get what you're going for, but we need to actually see what's happening.
    Yeah. It didn't need to be coral reef bright, but definitely a little more light from that spoilers:
    vibranium sun that Namor created. Look more unexplained Talokan tech! And by Namor!
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Something that occurred to me some time back. That Talokan is offshore of the
    spoilers:
    Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, and where their vibranium is, seems to imply that a vibranium-bearing meteorite that crashed there is a fragment the same meteorite that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous. The real-world Chixculub crater in the Yucatan is widely believed to be the site of where the killer meteorite landed. Another fragment could then have split off from the main meteorite and landed in Wakanda.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I liked the MCU take on Namor.

The biggest follow-up I'd like to see would be some kind of adaptation of Daredevil #7, my favorite Namor story. With Marvel doing hour-long specials for Disney+, a Daredevil VS Namor story could work in the format, although it may be too expensive.
    Glad to hear it!

It's funny you should say that, because I when I was trying to think what upcoming shows or movies that Namor could again appear in, I was thinking of Daredevil and just this issue! Of course, this would have to occur after Talokan had been revealed, so I'm not sure it would fit. But it could be great!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I liked the MCU take on Namor.

The biggest follow-up I'd like to see would be some kind of adaptation of Daredevil #7, my favorite Namor story. With Marvel doing hour-long specials for Disney+, a Daredevil VS Namor story could work in the format, although it may be too expensive.
    oh definitely. i don't think it would be that expensive as there was only 1 underwater scene in that fight.
    although they add some more feats under Namor's belt before that fight can have the same impact, IMO
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, and where their vibranium is, seems to imply that a vibranium-bearing meteorite that crashed there is a fragment the same meteorite that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous. The real-world Chixculub crater in the Yucatan is widely believed to be the site of where the killer meteorite landed. Another fragment could then have split off from the main meteorite and landed in Wakanda.
    end of spoilers
    That's brilliant, now i'm thinking
    spoilers:
    if if the Megalodon jaw of Namor's thrown is related to it.. though i'd prefer if he wrestled it with his bare hands
    end of spoilers
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Good call! I didn't even think of that, but it would work. spoilers:
    And it could just be a portion of that meteor, as you don't want this all over the floor of the Gulf and Atlantic.
    end of spoilers

That's brilliant, now i'm thinking
    spoilers:
    if if the Megalodon jaw of Namor's thrown is related to it.. though i'd prefer if he wrestled it with his bare hands
    end of spoilers
    O_O
    spoilers:

Wait. Namor could do that. No problem.

But I think it has something to do with Mayan myths.
    end of spoilers

oh definitely, i do hope they dont treat Talokan like Atlantis in the comics.
    such a beautiful place, I really doubt any surface dweller can find or even get to it but please please please let it remain unscathed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLpLNJlw8I
    also, where's my 1 hour Con La Brisa gang at??
    it's a great song by itself but if you add in the scene as well, perfect.
    It was! Especially considering how creepy the other Talokan and Namor score were. But the Con La Brisa song was so bright and lovely. Thank you for that great hour mix!

And YES! Keep the surface dwellers away from Talokan! We need it to remain pristine and not destroyed.

I was trying to find online how "Imperius Rex" sounded in the Talokan language so if that's how it sounded thank you.
    That's my guess. If you find it, let me know. Cause I couldn't hear it in the theater.

No they haven't!

Well glad to hear it kept them awake. heh

spoilers:
    1. That was the water teleporting thing that was only mentioned in the publicity. My understanding was that basically they could appear in any body of water. With their whales, I guess. I thought the big light / silver thing Namor was standing in front of with a head dress that was in the trailer, may have had something to do with it, but we didn't see it in the movie.

2. It looked like they blew up the reservoir / dam, used the water bombs, and somehow used the river (hydrokinesis?) I mean, Namor was late to the party, so maybe he was doing something underwater in the river. They had some device or magic that controlled the currents, that he used to get him and Shuri to Talokan. Remember he stuck his hands in a hole and made the Rise Talokan gesture.

3. The Talokan were scary sneaky. Them dropping that vibranium detector on the shore of the lake when Namor first appeared was amazing. Granted, it may have been Namor dropping it there before he made his entrance. But it seemed to happen while he was taking to them. They also had vibranium. Perhaps they had some sort of cloaking devices like the Wakandans?

4. They never really explained how the bridge Talokans shrugged off their injuries. Though, IIRC, only one was stabbed, and he looked a little shaky. Perhaps all the Talokans had a healing factor, like Namor's?

5. Namor was bulletproof. Average Talokans were bulletproof, the same way Black Panther was. If the bullets hit their vibranium jewelry it bounced. If not, they got hit.

6. Yeah, I have no idea on the Sea Leopard. Perhaps it was amphibious? Air and sea?

7. LOL! Namor changed his costume a few times. I'm sure he has other clothes. Ceremonial paraphernalia... maybe not much change.

8. I agree. I thought the whole Shuri encounter was ... off. And YES! The bracelet did seem to be a giant PLOT CONTRIVANCE. And Namor definitely wanted everyone to understand he was offering a carrot, but if you didn't immediately accept it, he was going to ignore the stick and go straight to WMD, because I AM the Man Without Love! LOL! I get the feeling that's how he repeatedly kept Talokan secret in the past.
    end of spoilers

Yeah. It didn't need to be coral reef bright, but definitely a little more light from that spoilers:
    vibranium sun that Namor created. Look more unexplained Talokan tech! And by Namor!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I don't believe the light behind Namor in the throne room scene is this teleportation device thing, it's the false sun that rises as the temple opens, when they're all calling to Namor. You see it rise up when the temple/palace/pyramid opens in the scene he's talking to Shuri. When the shit hits the fan later, and Namor feels betrayed by the Wakandans, he gets his serpent god gear on and enters through the opening/roof of the temple, above which, is this artificial sun thing. The light.

If you have extra reading to do outside the movie in order to understand it, then the movie has failed. Besides, saying that they were able to do this, doesn't explain how. Even in a scifi nonsense way? 2hrs and 40+ min, you can't do that? To me, I can only imagine, that the vibranium induced currents the Talocan use to travel, as Namor activated with his bracelets and showed Shuri, is the way they can travel around vast ocean distances rather quickly. It does not explain how Namor can pop up in the middle of Wakanda. I mean, I know the general public is not really up on their geography, but do you realize the huge distances between the two kingdoms in question here? (I know you do, I'm just being rhetorical) Wakanda is in eastern Africa, so the other side of that huge continent, which itself is on the other side of the gigantic Atlantic Ocean.

There's no way all those Talocan warriors are covered in vibranium. Not even Attuma and Namora. If you try to tell me his animal bone collar has vibranium in it... This shit is so rare and valuable they're willing to start wars over it, but every no name warrior has it in their animal bone necklaces and loincloths? C'monnnn.

There's just a lot of "perhaps" and "maybe" going on, a bit too much.

I want more Talocan stuff. Give it to me, Marvel.
    end of spoilers

I just realized, after typing it five hundred times today, it's spelled TaloKAN, not TaloCAN lol.
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-13-2022 at 11:03 PM.

spoilers:
    One of the issues with the film, as much as I liked Namor and the Talocan, not a lot of what happened made sense. As a viewer you're just supposed to accept so much with no explanation, but my brain is firing off twenty questions every time something happens. How does Namor just show up in some Wakandan lagoon? How do you get WHALES into Wakandan rivers (which are fresh water btw) How did they create the flood? How are the Talocan undetected? How did the Talocan just get up from being impaled by Okoye on the bridge? Why is it the Talocan are sometimes bulletproof and sometimes not? Did the ones who fell down after being shot get up a moment later? How does Wakanda have a huge ocean battleship if they're landlocked with a freshwater lake and small river system? (the film did show Wakanda had a partnership with the west African country of Mali, but it too is landlocked..) Does Namor really wear the same outfit for nearly 5 centuries? lol What sort of half cooked idea was it to tell Shuri, without being asked, that this bracelet was made from the same vibranium plant that helped create me and my people and then GIVE it to her?? It was like a giant alarm could have gone off and screeched PLOT POINT! IMPORTANT THING! "This was my mother's from 400+ years ago, I want you to have it, lady I just met. Also, if you don't agree with me I will kill you and everyone you love." -Namor the Unloved.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I don't believe the light behind Namor in the throne room scene is this teleportation device thing, it's the false sun that rises as the temple opens, when they're all calling to Namor. You see it rise up when the temple/palace/pyramid opens in the scene he's talking to Shuri. When the shit hits the fan later, and Namor feels betrayed by the Wakandans, he gets his serpent god gear on and enters through the opening/roof of the temple, above which, is this artificial sun thing. The light.

If you have extra reading to do outside the movie in order to understand it, then the movie has failed. Besides, saying that they were able to do this, doesn't explain how. Even in a scifi nonsense way? 2hrs and 40+ min, you can't do that? To me, I can only imagine, that the vibranium induced currents the Talocan use to travel, as Namor activated with his bracelets and showed Shuri, is the way they can travel around vast ocean distances rather quickly. It does not explain how Namor can pop up in the middle of Wakanda. I mean, I know the general public is not really up on their geography, but do you realize the huge distances between the two kingdoms in question here? (I know you do, I'm just being rhetorical) Wakanda is in eastern Africa, so the other side of that huge continent, which itself is on the other side of the gigantic Atlantic Ocean.

There's no way all those Talocan warriors are covered in vibranium. Not even Attuma and Namora. If you try to tell me his animal bone collar has vibranium in it... This shit is so rare and valuable they're willing to start wars over it, but every no name warrior has it in their animal bone necklaces and loincloths? C'monnnn.

There's just a lot of "perhaps" and "maybe" going on, a bit too much.

I want more Talocan stuff. Give it to me, Marvel.
    end of spoilers
    gaps in the armor?
    spoilers:
    maybe their water defenses are'nt able to detect Talocans swimming deep or fast? they didnt know Talocan but Talocan knows them, Namora drew the attention away from the palace. It's no a coincidence, i'm sure it's planned.
    Talocanian sleeper agents anyone?
    end of spoilers

Yes we need more Talocan and it seems the general audience who are first exposed to him want more of him.
    Rise Talocan!

Randomly, I know we've seen these already, but aren't these great posters?

Randomly, I know we've seen these already, but aren't these great posters?
    YES! I love this set of poster. Namor's is too intimidating.

I really liked these two. They were great with what they got to do. I really want to see more of them in whatever solo project they get.

YES! I love this set of poster. Namor's is too intimidating.

I really liked these two. They were great with what they got to do. I really want to see more of them in whatever solo project they get.
    we NEED back story on their avatars too.
    the hammer head shark and the lionfish, which they emulate so well.

the deadly brute and the nimble but equally deadly lion fish.