Page 203 of 238 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Man, what are we all going to argue about now that the film has hit?
    LOL! Oh, I'm sure we'll find something to ... discuss. ;p

I mean, in two days we get the inevitable Namor / Sue debate, when Cantwell's CONQUERED SHORES comes out.

And there's still plenty from the movie to speculation on, since they left so much on the cutting room floor. Like, what kind of 'tech' / magic would like to see from the movie be adopted in the comics. Or would you?

spoilers:
    I don't believe it's the shaman, Fen only reluctantly took the vibranium plant, so I don't think it was a loving relationship. I think it was Namor's father.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe the Shaman has an unrequited love for Fen ... like Krang did. Which makes Krang's relationship with Namor really weird.

spoilers:
    Here's why I'm thinking it was her dad that was buried in that scene. Because once that happened, she took a leadership position. And because Fen WAS so reluctant to leave the land and become a water dweller. And she always wanted to go back, and talked about the land with Namor, and finally wanted to be buried there. Even as they were all asphyxiating and hitting the water, Fen looked back and didn't want to leave. I think she left Namor living dad back on the land.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Oh, I'm sure we'll find something to ... discuss. ;p

I mean, in two days we get the inevitable Namor / Sue debate, when Cantwell's CONQUERED SHORES comes out.

And there's still plenty from the movie to speculation on, since they left so much on the cutting room floor. Like, what kind of 'tech' / magic would like to see from the movie be adopted in the comics. Or would you?
    I loved Talokan for what it was in the MCU version of Atlantis, but if I'm being honest, I'm not really looking for anything from the film to be transferred to 616. Little things like using artificial current technology, or aquatic bombs, yes. Basically using their element to it's fullest effect, something 616 should have been doing for years. The destructive power of water (not just the tired trope of flooding) is really underused or under-explored. Aside from some cool underwatery vibraniumy things, the Talokanil are far too stuck in the 16th century for me. Like Namor's outfit, it's hard to believe practically nothing changed for 450 years. Namor in the film is obviously aware of the current world as well as it's history, so it's odd. It's fine for this fantasy story, and the narrative is aiming for a certain type of message, plus I'm looking into comic book movie stuff too deeply lol, I know all this, but it's still kinda weird. I loved it for what it is, I'd like to know more about it, but I don't really want it for the 616.

The tribal, spear using, animal mount riding type society is exactly what I don't like popping up in the 616 Atlantis, as we've discussed before. Then Coogler was like, nah brah, we're going hardcore on just that lol. I'm happy with it in MCU's AU, but I'd like it to stay there.
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-14-2022 at 04:38 PM.

look at the bigger picture, if they harm a whale, Namor can forge an alliance with PETA.

the lack of airships tho..i mean even Lee/Kirby did it 60 years ago! as strong as Namor is, they surely need him where the heat of the battle is.

though i do think when (not if, id like to believe) i do hope he embraces some modern technology..oh and a black suit as well
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Namor would go further than anything PETA could do, and destroy ships and kill humans engaging in whaling. Actually, the MCU Namor was alive during the height of the whaling age. Man, I want that story now. Imagine 19th century stories of a wrathful sea god destroying whaling ships?

yess..we need a d+ show. a movie won't have time to explain and elaborate
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    look at the bigger picture, if they harm a whale, Namor can forge an alliance with PETA.

the lack of airships tho..i mean even Lee/Kirby did it 60 years ago! as strong as Namor is, they surely need him where the heat of the battle is.

though i do think when (not if, id like to believe) i do hope he embraces some modern technology..oh and a black suit as well
    Oh noooo! Don't put Tenoch in the black suit! Though, he did think he was going to get a muscle suit before they explained he was going to be in the iconic "shame shorts."

We definitely need some creators who love Namor and want to do a complete overhaul of Atlantis while returning Namor to his proper place as top tier comic character.

Namor would go further than anything PETA could do, and destroy ships and kill humans engaging in whaling. Actually, the MCU Namor was alive during the height of the whaling age. Man, I want that story now. Imagine 19th century stories of a wrathful sea god destroying whaling ships?
    Exactly. When I heard Tenoch say how old MCU Namor was, I was floored. Forget all that shipping stuff. Just think of all the historical stories!!! The scientists, the writers, the writers, the artists, the politicians .... all the people who lifted us out of the Renaissance, into the beginning of the Modern Age. And the events!!! HOLY COW. Give me THOSE stories!

yess..we need a d+ show. a movie won't have time to explain and elaborate
    At the very least, we need a tv show. But because I'm greedy, we also need a movie. Seriously, though. They need to put MCU Namor in his own story, so we don't have this mess about him being a villain, or acting OOC, to support some other character's story, or perpetuating this completely nonsensical idea that Namor, ruler of his own unique people, in a unique environment that is less explored than outer space, with 84 years of stories, is somehow only interesting as a support character or in a team. People honestly SAY this. Marvel editorial actually SAYS this.

The MCU needs to avoid what Marvel Comics has embraced. They need to return Namor to the powerhouse, inspirational franchise that he is.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

It's true. The two characters named Namora and Attuma in the film are completely different characters who were just given the comic names as a nod I guess? Could be fan baiting? I think they were just like, hey here's some Sub-Mariner names, lets use them. I mean, Fen isnt the same character either, aside from being Namor's mother and loving him. I don't even think her name was used in the film.
    My problem with live-action comic book properties in a nutshell.

So how long before they make Namor like his MCU counterpart in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Bite your tongue!

I only want more tech from the movie, and for Marvel editorial to wake up and devote a portion of attention that Coogler did, to MU Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    There really isn't much they can change to make like the MCU, Namor's personal history is well established. They haven't done anything with it is years, but Atlantis is also established, maybe not as cemented as Namor's personal history, but still as anything but ancient Mesoamerican.

There's a possibility of, eyeroll, a multiverse Mesoamerican Namor, like Miles Morales or Nick Fury, but... why?

Also what could be done, which is an idea I had with my own headcanon stories, when Namor must go out into the "empire" and reconnect distant and neglected parts of his kingdom, is Namor coming across "lost" freshwater tribes. Tribes of Atlanteans living inland, in freshwater kingdoms, like in South America, Africa, Asia and Canada (which is absolutely covered in untouched lakes and rivers). You could easily follow a similar path to introduce a version of the Talokanil in 616, somewhere in the Yucatan or just off the coast, though just without Namor himself as their leader. Have some other charismatic leader, like the film's Namora, and you could have interesting stories.

There really isn't much they can change to make like the MCU, Namor's personal history is well established. They haven't done anything with it is years, but Atlantis is also established, maybe not as cemented as Namor's personal history, but still as anything but ancient Mesoamerican.

There's a possibility of, eyeroll, a multiverse Mesoamerican Namor, like Miles Morales or Nick Fury, but... why?

Also what could be done, which is an idea I had with my own headcanon stories, when Namor must go out into the "empire" and reconnect distant and neglected parts of his kingdom, is Namor coming across "lost" freshwater tribes. Tribes of Atlanteans living inland, in freshwater kingdoms, like in South America, Africa, Asia and Canada (which is absolutely covered in untouched lakes and rivers). You could easily follow a similar path to introduce a version of the Talokanil in 616, somewhere in the Yucatan or just off the coast, though just without Namor himself as their leader. Have some other charismatic leader, like the film's Namora, and you could have interesting stories.
    Yes! Definitely make her a female ruler of the Talokanil, so there's zero temptation. You have such great ideas. You should be writing, or co-writing and arting a Namor book! Or maybe one of those prose novels from Aconyte.

Sadly, I do think Marvel would replace MU Namor with MCU Namor if they could figure out how. I mean look what they did to poor Nick Fury. He's got tons of personal history, status, connections in the comics and they threw all that out and are trying slap it on Jr. and make us forget he has none of the history.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Hmm

Namor News
    &
    Thunderbolts News
    @NamorNews
    &
    @thunderbnews
    RUMOR: A Vibranium War is coming with Talokan & Wakanda being at the center of it.

Both ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA: NEW WORLD ORDER’ & ‘THUNDERBOLTS’ will be about obtaining Vibranium.

Ho boy. I just want to be done with the MCU. Those are the last film series I want Namor mixed up in.

I loved Talokan for what it was in the MCU version of Atlantis, but if I'm being honest, I'm not really looking for anything from the film to be transferred to 616. Little things like using artificial current technology, or aquatic bombs, yes. Basically using their element to it's fullest effect, something 616 should have been doing for years. The destructive power of water (not just the tired trope of flooding) is really underused or under-explored. Aside from some cool underwatery vibraniumy things, the Talokanil are far too stuck in the 16th century for me. Like Namor's outfit, it's hard to believe practically nothing changed for 450 years. Namor in the film is obviously aware of the current world as well as it's history, so it's odd. It's fine for this fantasy story, and the narrative is aiming for a certain type of message, plus I'm looking into comic book movie stuff too deeply lol, I know all this, but it's still kinda weird. I loved it for what it is, I'd like to know more about it, but I don't really want it for the 616.

The tribal, spear using, animal mount riding type society is exactly what I don't like popping up in the 616 Atlantis, as we've discussed before. Then Coogler was like, nah brah, we're going hardcore on just that lol. I'm happy with it in MCU's AU, but I'd like it to stay there.
    We definitely need those old school Kirby tech Atlantean stuff. And just for Doombot's sake, it should all look as close as possible to sea creatures like whales. ;p

I have to say, vibranium might as well be magic, for all the stuff they make it do, both in the movies and in the comics. The kicker is, like dzub said, all of this stuff was in Namor's comics decades ago! What is artificial current tech -- that was sort of what Namor used to flood NYC back in the 1940s! It was GIANT FANS! I want the water powered weapons and ships again.

Speaking of the movie. You know MCU Namor rocked a suit when he was visiting the surface world, from the way Tenoch wore all those different suits at his premieres -- in every color you can imagine. The man doesn't mind being a clothes horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Hmm

Namor News
    &
    Thunderbolts News
    @NamorNews
    &
    @thunderbnews
    RUMOR: A Vibranium War is coming with Talokan & Wakanda being at the center of it.

Both ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA: NEW WORLD ORDER’ & ‘THUNDERBOLTS’ will be about obtaining Vibranium.

LOL! So, once again, even in the MCU, NAMOR IS RIGHT!

Of course, a rumor, but plausible, given the end of the movie, and all the shenanigan's from Director Val.

Also, if it happens, we are definitely seeing a gigantic tsunami wave.

Ho boy. I just want to be done with the MCU. Those are the last film series I want Namor mixed up in.
    No! I NEED my Talokan epic trilogy! ALL about the underwater society. Screw those colonizers and vibranium!