Page 222 of 238 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3557

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

They know what Riri knows about the device, since they had the device. They went to kidnap her and bring her to Wakanda, where her fate was apparently going to decided, and included killing her or turning her over to Namor, before Shuri got involved. Regardless, my point stands. WHY would Wakanda interfere with TWO countries over someone who wasn't one of their own, and they ended up killing Talokanils over, themselves dying for and their city getting flooded? Made. No. Sense. Maybe there was stuff that was edited out between Ramonda and Riri?
    None of the Riri stuff makes any sense, it's just an elaborate MacGuffin, to move the story and to introduce Riri for future stories. Knowledge and information cannot be put back in the box. Regardless if Namor and Wakanda were upset about her making vibranium detection technology, she already made it. It was already being used. The technology was released, developed and implemented. You really think just one device was made, put to use on that ship and all records of it within the US and/French governments was, what, erased?Kidnapping and killing Riri makes zero difference. Not only that, the Wakandans are risking direct war with the United States by operating within US sovereign territory and kidnapping a US citizen. And no matter what some characters in these films like to say, and I know it's just fantasy talk, but Wakanda would be insane to risk a direct conflict with the US and it's massive resources. Germany was once more technologically advanced than the US as well, but it didn't save them in the end, and the size and resources available to the US when it switches to wartime needs are overwhelming, there ain't enough vibranium in the world to overcome that.

A nice interview with Production Designer Hannah Beachler at The Credits.

https://www.motionpictures.org/2022/...de-to-talokan/

I NEED THAT 400 PAGE BOOK!

LOOK at all that tech they left unexplained, Doombot! Plus, what you were asking about, they actually considered -- the passage of time, the evolution from 1571 Maya to modern times, even if they didn't quite meet your standards.

So, now she's saying they used hydro-currents and not the water teleporter I'd read about earlier? Though they clearly worked at HIGH speed, if Namor and Shuri were in the Yucatan, and they were transported to the Puerto Rican Trench (which I had not known) in minutes.
    Haha, as much as we'd love to see this, I don't think it'll be happening. Almost all films and series have "story bibles" where the lore and history of certain aspects are collected for reference if needed, but they're never meant for the public to see. Not only that, Marvel would want the freedom to change things in future stories with new writers and directors.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm gonna die if I don't get to see those 400 pages, I really will. I need it!!!! I'm just so in love with their world, its amazing.

And I'm loving all the behind the scenes photos!!!
    LOL! I feel the same, on both counts. I wonder what we have to do to see it? I'm totally buying the Art of book when it comes out.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Haha, as much as we'd love to see this, I don't think it'll be happening. Almost all films and series have "story bibles" where the lore and history of certain aspects are collected for reference if needed, but they're never meant for the public to see. Not only that, Marvel would want the freedom to change things in future stories with new writers and directors.
    I know you're right, but one can dream.

The only one that I've actually seen, well that I saw an ad for / shown was Jodorowsky's and Moebius' DUNE. It was AMAZING.

Now you have me worried. What director would we get saddled with? Long time ago, I though Cameron would be an interesting choice, given his love of the oceans, but Tenoch could die of old age, before Cameron got the movie finished, plus ... Avatar.

I wonder about Del Toro? Of course, he's already done Shape of Water.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I know you're right, but one can dream.

The only one that I've actually seen, well that I saw an ad for / shown was Jodorowsky's and Moebius' DUNE. It was AMAZING.

Now you have me worried. What director would we get saddled with? Long time ago, I though Cameron would be an interesting choice, given his love of the oceans, but Tenoch could die of old age, before Cameron got the movie finished, plus ... Avatar.

I wonder about Del Toro? Of course, he's already done Shape of Water.
    I had thought I'd read, maybe in this thread, that the most likely next appearance of Namor would be under the director of MoM and whatever film they've been tasked with next. Unsurprisingly, I'm less than excited, as I hated Mom.

None of the Riri stuff makes any sense, it's just an elaborate MacGuffin, to move the story and to introduce Riri for future stories. Knowledge and information cannot be put back in the box. Regardless if Namor and Wakanda were upset about her making vibranium detection technology, she already made it. It was already being used. The technology was released, developed and implemented. You really think just one device was made, put to use on that ship and all records of it within the US and/French governments was, what, erased?Kidnapping and killing Riri makes zero difference. Not only that, the Wakandans are risking direct war with the United States by operating within US sovereign territory and kidnapping a US citizen. And no matter what some characters in these films like to say, and I know it's just fantasy talk, but Wakanda would be insane to risk a direct conflict with the US and it's massive resources. Germany was once more technologically advanced than the US as well, but it didn't save them in the end, and the size and resources available to the US when it switches to wartime needs are overwhelming, there ain't enough vibranium in the world to overcome that.
    Apparently, that vibranium detector was the only one in existence -- Riri made it. And the Americans were looking for Riri to make another one. So, allegedly the tech wasn't out in the world. And apparently, with all these genius in the MCU, no one figure out the same??

I don't know, but I tend to think Namor is right. It won't be the US alone coming for Wakanda. I just get annoyed at fans yelling at Namor for showing up in Wakanda, but don't say a word about the Wakandans doing the same in the US.

Even the film editor admitted that Riri was something of a MacGuffin, once they removed that chunk that happened in Talokan. Heck, even Namor eventually admitted that things had moved beyond the scientist in his conversation with Shuri.

I had thought I'd read, maybe in this thread, that the most likely next appearance of Namor would be under the director of MoM and whatever film they've been tasked with next. Unsurprisingly, I'm less than excited, as I hated Mom.
    No, MoM was directed by Sam Rami and as far as I know, he's not doing another MCU movie. I think they were talking about the same writer of MoM would be the same writer for Secret Wars -- which, if they are doing Hickman's take, would probably use Namor.

Rumor has it that Namor will appear in Thunderbolts and Cap New Order, IF they are dealing with Vibranium War.

BUT we are getting Feige and Tenoch at a Brazil con this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an announcement! Yes, I know. I'm such an optimist.

Apparently, that vibranium detector was the only one in existence -- Riri made it. And the Americans were looking for Riri to make another one. So, allegedly the tech wasn't out in the world. And apparently, with all these genius in the MCU, no one figure out the same??

I don't know, but I tend to think Namor is right. It won't be the US alone coming for Wakanda. I just get annoyed at fans yelling at Namor for showing up in Wakanda, but don't say a word about the Wakandans doing the same in the US.

Even the film editor admitted that Riri was something of a MacGuffin, once they removed that chunk that happened in Talokan. Heck, even Namor eventually admitted that things had moved beyond the scientist in his conversation with Shuri.
    Even if the device was lost or destroyed, and there was only one made, the design, the work done in creating and building the thing doesn't just disappear if the device is lost.

I agree about Wakanda seemingly getting to fly around and enter other nations willy-nilly is weird, BUT, in Namor's case, he's a sovereign leader, who entered another nation with the purpose of directly confronting and threatening that nations leader(s).
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-29-2022 at 10:33 PM.

No, MoM was directed by Sam Rami and as far as I know, he's not doing another MCU movie. I think they were talking about the same writer of MoM would be the same writer for Secret Wars -- which, if they are doing Hickman's take, would probably use Namor.

Rumor has it that Namor will appear in Thunderbolts and Cap New Order, IF they are dealing with Vibranium War.

BUT we are getting Feige and Tenoch at a Brazil con this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an announcement! Yes, I know. I'm such an optimist.
    Riiiight, it was the writer. Which makes it worse. As much as directors get all the fame and praise, it's the writing that makes or breaks a film.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm gonna die if I don't get to see those 400 pages, I really will. I need it!!!! I'm just so in love with their world, its amazing.

And I'm loving all the behind the scenes photos!!!

You are going to LOVE this, then.

Meet ... Namor's SCIENTIST!!!!

I love her outfit! She's Jewelianna Ramos-Ortiz, an actress and stunt person. There's more pics on her Instagram.

Wakanda Forever 🤍 what a special place in my heart. It was an honor to get to play as Namor’s scientist and as a Talokanil warrior. I felt so true to my roots in this movie and I am forever grateful that I got the opportunity to be a small part of this massive and special production. Lost so many pictures and videos when my phone took a swim but here is what was in my iCloud, a lil photo dump, I’ll do a video one soon!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck6RWnXu...on_share_sheet

PLUS, and actual cut scene!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clgsk..._web_copy_link

It looks like some sort of glowy power device. This is must have been what Shuri and Riri were working on when they were in Talokan! I. MUST. SEE. THESE. CUT. SCENES.

Even if the device was lost or destroyed, and there was only one made, the design, the work done in creating and building the thing doesn't just disappear if the device is lost.

I agree about Wakanda seemingly getting to fly around and enter other nations willy-nilly is weird, BUT, in Namor's case, he's a sovereign leader, who entered another nation with the purpose of directly confronting and threatening that nations leader(s).
    Maaaaybe that happened. Or maaaaybe it's the Talokonil version of ... diplomacy. ;p

Apparently if you are Riri it's all in your head or on your super encrypted computer -- and she apparently makes her stuff out junk she finds. Though Shuri did take it apart, so you'd think she COULD remake it, but why would she? Though, you would think the professor or the US government would have tried to figure out HOW the thing works before risking it in the ocean.

Riiiight, it was the writer. Which makes it worse. As much as directors get all the fame and praise, it's the writing that makes or breaks a film.
    It certainly can make or break a movie. Which is why most of the good directors try to get a good writer or are good writers.

Maaaaybe that happened. Or maaaaybe it's the Talokonil version of ... diplomacy. ;p

Apparently if you are Riri it's all in your head or on your super encrypted computer -- and she apparently makes her stuff out junk she finds. Though Shuri did take it apart, so you'd think she COULD remake it, but why would she? Though, you would think the professor or the US government would have tried to figure out HOW the thing works before risking it in the ocean.
    Exactly. There's zero percent chance the US government just accepted and complete device from Riri and was like "okay", and then went off to look for magic metal. They'd have wanted schematics, designs, testing etc etc etc. So the US government has the tech, hell, SHEILD probably has it by the time of the film. (if the MCU followed any logic, but I dunno, MacGuffin.)

You are going to LOVE this, then.

Meet ... Namor's SCIENTIST!!!!

Wow, she's really pretty, buuuut that costume... I'm sure it'd be different on film, but it looks like craft store cosplay to me. And those gills are gross LOL

Wow, she's really pretty, buuuut that costume... I'm sure it'd be different on film, but it looks like craft store cosplay to me. And those gills are gross LOL
    Really? I love that 'jade' sleeve. Actually all that jade and turquoise. Not so keen on the flora on her shoulders.

I like that we see the GIANT ball of water grenades behind her in that pic. She also must have some sort of headress, like Namora's, which would have been CGI in?

You know. She sort of reminds me of Cantwell's Atlantean scientist.

And yes. I'm totally ignoring your gill phobia. ;p