Page 223 of 238 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Exactly. There's zero percent chance the US government just accepted and complete device from Riri and was like "okay", and then went off to look for magic metal. They'd have wanted schematics, designs, testing etc etc etc. So the US government has the tech, hell, SHEILD probably has it by the time of the film. (if the MCU followed any logic, but I dunno, MacGuffin.)
    Dammit, Doombot. Why are expecting logic in this movie!? It's all in Riri McGuffin's head! The interesting part, is HOW does Namor know that, eh?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Maaaaybe that happened. Or maaaaybe it's the Talokonil version of ... diplomacy. ;p
    You know, I've thought about this, and I know I'm overthinking, or deep diving too much into a silly comic book movie, but the Talokanil are presented as virtually untouched continuation of pre-colombian Maya. Fen's people, or her specific population, were not conquered or even had direct contact with the Spanish, (though European diseases had jumped ahead of actual contact). So Namor's ideas of kingship, leadership, and diplomacy stem from that of the ancient Maya and could not be further from Western ideas of nation and diplomacy, which Wakanda, despite never having been colonized is still deeply entrenched in. The Maya, despite stereotypes of being the "peaceful" or "good" version of the famous Mesoamerican peoples (with the Aztec being the "bad" or "warlike") were often an extremely brutal people, who's culture and religion would seem very alien to us, but very similar too, as they were very interested in war, conquest, slavery, and of course human sacrifice. Many Mayan kings and dynasties were all about going out into the world and imposing their power on their rivals and neighbours, determined to solidify their status and the very great need and excitement of capturing other peoples for use in sacrifice and blood rituals, with another king being a coveted prize. So Namor being an inheritor of this culture, may not have blinked at showing up to directly confront another ruler, and maybe even part of him would have wanted them to reject his offers. His ideas of confronting other nations just may not align with our own.
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-30-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You know, I've thought about this, and I know I'm overthinking, or deep diving too much into a silly comic book movie, but the Talokanil are presented as virtually untouched continuation of pre-colombian Maya. Fen's people, or her specific population, we not conquered or even had direct contact with the Spanish, (though European diseases had jumped ahead of actual contact). So Namor's ideas of kingship, leadership, and diplomacy stem from that of the ancient Maya and could not be further from Western ideas of nation and diplomacy, which Wakanda, despite never having been colonized is still deeply entrenched in. The Maya, despite stereotypes of being the "peaceful" or "good" version of the famous Mesoamerican peoples (with the Aztec being the "bad" or "warlike") were often an extremely brutal people, who's culture and religion would seem very alien to us, but very similar too, as they were very interested in war, conquest, slavery, and of course human sacrifice. Many Mayan kings and dynasties were all about going out into the world and imposing their power on their rivals and neighbours, determined to solidify their status and the very great need and excitement of capturing other peoples for use in sacrifice and blood rituals, with another king being a coveted prize. So Namor being an inheritor of this culture, may not have blinked at showing up to directly confront another ruler, and maybe even part of him would have wanted them to reject his offers. His ideas of confronting other nations just may not align with our own.
    Excellent points. And yes, I think there's definitely the tendency to judge according to Western alleged standards.

There was a clip with Tenoch where he was talking about how his centuries of experiences had led to his ruthless decision. That supposedly Namor had seen or, interesting, TRIED, many different strategies to find a solution to the colonizers. And what he purposed was, as far as he knew, the only way.

There was someone on Twitter that had this multi post thread several days ago, that had an odd theory that Namor was fulfilling some sort of Mayan cycle from something that happened when he was a child (which I don't recall actually appearing in the movie) and needed Riri for a sacrifice? It was ... interesting. I'll have to dig it out.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-29-2022 at 11:56 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, this is totally awesome! Yes, I'm stealing NamorCosplay's thunder but this is too cool to wait for his return. It's a cosplay video, but a huge collaboration, like nothing I've seen before. Way to go, NamorCosplay!

https://twitter.com/namorcosplay/sta...TwoDkkgZqQ1XGA

Plus, Tenoch saw it and loved it!

Another behind the scenes pic with the lovely Mabel! May explain that one scene we saw in the trailer where a blue hand was holding the conch shell palette for Namor. I though it might be Fen and Namor painting, but it appears it may be Namora instead.

I don't think this is the final scene we see in the movie either, as I believe Namora was wearing something different. I guess I'll have to watch it again. ;p

I can say , this just reinforces my belief that we were ROBBED of scenes, great scenes with this pair. I mean. We don't even know how they are related IF they are? I mean, they can't be close cousins like in the comics. But she's clearly close enough to him that he allows her to criticize him fairly strongly. And what about Attuma? So many questions!

https://twitter.com/NamorUpdate/stat...TwoDkkgZqQ1XGA

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Could they be combining Namora with Dorma here? Kinda hope not. I'd love to see a Mexican actress play Dorma, or maybe a Indigenous actress?

Okay, this is totally awesome! Yes, I'm stealing NamorCosplay's thunder but this is too cool to wait for his return. It's a cosplay video, but a huge collaboration, like nothing I've seen before. Way to go, NamorCosplay!

hahaha yesss go for it. It turned out so good, I was trying to think of a way to unite all these new Namor cosplayers together and came up with this idea and tranisition. So happy with the result. And yes! Tenoch saw it, he's actually been following me since July!
    Last edited by namorcosplay; 11-30-2022 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    hahaha yesss go for it. It turned out so good, I was trying to think of a way to unite all these new Namor cosplayers together and came up with this idea and tranisition. So happy with the result. And yes! Tenoch saw it, he's actually been following me since July!
    Which just shows Tenoch appreciates his fans, especially his superfans, like yourself. Congrats!

It turned out better than good. It is so damn cool! Congrats to all of you. And again, thank you to all for doing it and for supporting Namor. Awesome!

OMG that's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I need all this in a book, where I can stare at all these pics whenever I want.

This has to be the simplest costume for Namor and the Talokanil. Though we do see Attuma's helmet. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    OMG that's amazing!
    I know, right?! I've watch several times. I'm so glad they included Namora and Attuma -- even the 616 Namora, who looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Could they be combining Namora with Dorma here? Kinda hope not. I'd love to see a Mexican actress play Dorma, or maybe a Indigenous actress?
    Hmmm. I hope not. I love what little of the relationship we see between MCU Namor and Namora. There's clearly love and respect and trust there, but I don't get the feeling that it is romantic.

The actress playing Namora is Mexican, and may, like Huerta, have indigenous roots, even if they don't claim to be indigenous. She just did such a great job and with so little dialog and screen time.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

You are going to LOVE this, then.

Meet ... Namor's SCIENTIST!!!!

I love her outfit! She's Jewelianna Ramos-Ortiz, an actress and stunt person. There's more pics on her Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck6RWnXu...on_share_sheet

PLUS, and actual cut scene!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clgsk..._web_copy_link

It looks like some sort of glowy power device. This is must have been what Shuri and Riri were working on when they were in Talokan! I. MUST. SEE. THESE. CUT. SCENES.
    I AM LOSING MY WHOLE MIND, WE COULD HAVE HAD MORE? More Talokan characters who aren't extras? I wish we had gotten this!!! I need them to release all the extra scenes.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hmmm. I hope not. I love what little of the relationship we see between MCU Namor and Namora. There's clearly love and respect and trust there, but I don't get the feeling that it is romantic.

The actress playing Namora is Mexican, and may, like Huerta, have indigenous roots, even if they don't claim to be indigenous. She just did such a great job and with so little dialog and screen time.
    I def see her as the sisterly/cousin type of character! She's so amazing and I love her take on the character so much!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis