Page 225 of 238 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2022 at 04:44 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah...

it's so nice to see exchanges like this, where a writer actually remembers who these characters are, but man, it's so increasingly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Without even realizing it I think, they re-created how 616 Namor collected art and artifacts from the surface world, either from sunken wrecks or from taking them himself, and kept them all in his own personal space. I've yet to read or hear anything that references the filmmakers were trying to translate this aspect of 616 Namor's character, that he's an artist himself and collector of art and artifacts, yet this is one of my very favourite things about the film, as it's always been once of my very favourite traits of 616 Namor. One that so few people even remember or know about.

I honestly don't understand why there isn't and "Art Of" book yet. They almost always come out near release of their film.
    I don't know either. Probably something about supplies lines or something like that. They didn't have the merch out in time for the opening.

They don't mention it, but it IS in the comics. Remember this:

I think they were also probably influenced by the trophy room in the Highlander movie.

But I'm glad they went with Namor's mom, and him to a degree, given what he claims and all the stuff he's 'stolen' is a scientist. Cause that's in the comics too -- mostly in the Golden Age, but even as late as FF 102, Kirby remembered and gave Namor his own private science lab that Magneto was drooling over.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah...

it's so nice to see exchanges like this, where a writer actually remembers who these characters are, but man, it's so increasingly rare.
    It is great! It's what I expect between the Invaders. They don't always agree, but when push comes to shove, they step up and help and tell you the hard truths.

And you won't find anything like this in an Aaron book. I skim his Avengers Assemble Alpha this week, and it is beyond horrible. Beyond the sheer horrible continual jobbing and trashing of Namor, neither of these characters show an iota of care for each other. Beyond frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

But I'm glad they went with Namor's mom, and him to a degree, given what he claims and all the stuff he's 'stolen' is a scientist. Cause that's in the comics too -- mostly in the Golden Age, but even as late as FF 102, Kirby remembered and gave Namor his own private science lab that Magneto was drooling over.
    Not only that, but Fen wasn't just his mother, but his teacher. Of course, all parents teach their children, but I believe she was also his teacher with respect to understanding the natural world and history, science etc.

Not only that, but Fen wasn't just his mother, but his teacher. Of course, all parents teach their children, but I believe she was also his teacher with respect to understanding the natural world and history, science etc.
    Yes! We know Princess Fen in the comics taught him politics and statecraft, amongst other life lessons, so it's great they picked up on that for the movie!

I also love that a good portion of the Maya that went underwater were scientists, because people forget how advanced the Maya were, especially in astronomy and math. I wonder if they didn't continue to pull refugees from MesoAmerica, as time went on, because they clearly had much bigger population than what would probably come from the small group we saw in Namor's story.

I do think her dates are a bit off. They left in 1571, but she starts out with late 1700s? I do love how much thought she put into the migration, even underwater caused by colonization, over the decades and centuries.

Another thing this article reminds me of, is that scene in Avengers? Where he's fixing the undersea cable? I know when I watched it, I thought, Namor is debuting THERE! You can't see him because it's so dark, but he's the one that broke that cable and he's hanging out waiting to ambush Iron Man!

Cause now we know THAT is how Namor knows what is going on in the world. He's got the Internet in Talokan. It's THIS Kirby page!

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Oh man, speaking of the earlier MCU films, remember this shot from the first Captain America trailer? I was convinced it was going to be Namor meeting Steve. I was so very very sadly mistaken.

Oh man, speaking of the earlier MCU films, remember this shot from the first Captain America trailer? I was convinced it was going to be Namor meeting Steve. I was so very very sadly mistaken.

OMG! Yes! I was the same! I was convinced that Richard Armitage, who was the spy that killed Erskine, was going to be Namor. He definitely had the look and the acting chops to play broody romantic hero, even back then.

Of course, this idea was helped along by the director answering a question and saying that the Invaders were going to be in the movie, when he meant the Howling Commandos.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2022 at 05:46 PM.

A CBR article which claims Namor and Lady Dorma's marriage was the third on in the MU? I guess on the page. Right behind Reed and Sue and Hank and Janet. I had no idea.

https://www.cbr.com/first-married-marvel-heroes/

Of course, he and Dorma beat out Spidey and Gwen for fridging too.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Those are ... intimidating! But cool!

I don't think the actors would have liked the full face mask though. And I don't care for the tubes, at all.

But I do love seeing all these ideas they looked at for that movie.

Trying to find more info about this, but I saw this on Twitter. It will be mine.

https://twitter.com/Twins4477/status...Dq884WC74JV0bw

Iron Studios doesn't have it on their site, but keep an eye out there and at Sideshow, where they are one of their lines?

https://www.ironstudios.com/

Mystery solved. It is real. It appears Iron Studio has it on display at CCXP in Brazil.

https://twitter.com/nacaomarveI/stat...Dq884WC74JV0bw

I love this!

Probably not true, but in the Marvel Petverse it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by ComiCavalcade GO
    All Hail Lord Namor's Loyal Turtle Honor Guard, possibly his companions since childhood!
    https://twitter.com/comicavalcade/st...Dq884WC74JV0bw