Page 228 of 238 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

These guys are kind of scary. They definitely mean business.

I think Adi had a good time with these concept pieces. They are different from his 'regular' stuff.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I dunno, I think the subject matter is just different. Talokan is not Iron Man mech suits, which is what he became famous for.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All of this. Plus using his spear to bat away missiles and energy shots. Awesome!

I love this idea! The shave for younger Namor. I'm kind of glad they went without the tattoos also. I'm super glad they went with the classic trunks. They may not be historically accurate, but they appeal to me as a comic Namor fan.

I haven't gotten mine yet either!! I need to check on that. I did pick up the Namora and the Attuma when I saw them at a store, but I never saw the Namor at a store.
    What I have noticed at the stores is that of all the Wakanda Forever related figures, the Namor ones are not on the shelves anymore. Sadly, all the BP figures are easy to find, like the Hasbro Shuri and Iron Heart. There are a few Killmongers and surprisingly a few Black Panthers. As you recall, he really doesn't appear except in Flashback. I stopped in at the Gamestop in my area to see if there were any Wakanda Forever related stuff and they said they were mostly exclusive to Target. I got the Hasbro Namor from Target but I got my Namor Funko from Hot Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What I have noticed at the stores is that of all the Wakanda Forever related figures, the Namor ones are not on the shelves anymore. Sadly, all the BP figures are easy to find, like the Hasbro Shuri and Iron Heart. There are a few Killmongers and surprisingly a few Black Panthers. As you recall, he really doesn't appear except in Flashback. I stopped in at the Gamestop in my area to see if there were any Wakanda Forever related stuff and they said they were mostly exclusive to Target. I got the Hasbro Namor from Target but I got my Namor Funko from Hot Topic
    He has been popular, but they haven't released alot of Namor. I think they doubled up on the Black Panther figures. I mean, they released an action figure Legacy line of BP, which was basically the first movie figures. Then we got the Wakanda Forever action figure line, which only had Namor, with the Build A Figure being Attuma. I hope we get Namora and the throne room outfit Namor if they have another line release.

Funko has a weird shipping schedule, I think. My LCBS hasn't gotten the Wakanda Forever pops either. But the Hot Topic Namor sold out ASAP -- they were one of the first to get them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I dunno, I think the subject matter is just different. Talokan is not Iron Man mech suits, which is what he became famous for.

Yes, that may be it. But his other work seems very slick and minimalist , whereas this seems more layered and decorated -- a little more lively.

Yes, that may be it. But his other work seems very slick and minimalist , whereas this seems more layered and decorated -- a little more lively.
    Ehhhnnn, Rev, ehhhn I dunno lol

Ehhhnnn, Rev, ehhhn I dunno lol
    Go ahead. Just burst my bubble. ;p

At least I have the Cap book to look forward tomorrow / today. Though with my luck I bet we've seen all of Namor already in the preview.

Oh go on, keep your bubble!

I'd like some more Namor in that book too.

Namor is in Avengers 63............the good thing is he's just there, in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Namor is in Avengers 63............the good thing is he's just there, in the background.
    Might as well not be in the book. Can't imagine having Namor in a book, just so he can say ... nothing. At least he isn't a punching bag for Aaron's favorites this time.

The Cap book, OTOH, is awesome. There's only one more page, but it is as lovely as the rest. Plus there's a panel where Cap tells The Destroyer, who's an old man, that Namor said hello. Which isn't exactly what Namor said. But Destroyer says, "My God, put that on my tombstone." LOL!

This book is very much about the interactions between Cap and his friends.

Oh go on, keep your bubble!

I'd like some more Namor in that book too.
    Thank you, Doombot. ;p

I can't believe this. NOW, DC is talking about retiring Aquaman??? And for LOBO???

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, because I find it hard to believe they would retire their biggest money making solo character in their newest version of the DCU.

That said, IF it's true, Feige better be fast tracking the Namor movie. Like yesterday.

I can't believe this. NOW, DC is talking about retiring Aquaman??? And for LOBO???

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, because I find it hard to believe they would retire their biggest money making solo character in their newest version of the DCU.

That said, IF it's true, Feige better be fast tracking the Namor movie. Like yesterday.
    I think DC is losing their minds, lol! They just cancelled the third WW movie without reason.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cool article about the Talokanil Trio filming under water in the WSJ! Mabel is just AMAZING!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/avatar-...boky1hhro4rg8m

Mabel Cadena was a supporting actor on “Wakanda Forever,” but was the lead in lung endurance. When she first arrived on set in Atlanta to play Namora, the fierce lieutenant to Mr. Huerta’s character, she could only hold her breath for about 30 seconds. But by the end of her first day of training she could make one breath last for 6 1/2 minutes, she said. Mr. Denison said hers was the biggest one-day increase he had seen from anyone he has trained, including Navy SEALs.

That respiratory tenacity helped Ms. Cadena pull off an underwater action scene in which Namora swims up to a sonic weapon blasting her people, and attacks it with a spear. (Swimming alongside her, just outside the camera frame, was Mr. Denison as her safety monitor.)

Ms. Cadena’s marathon breaths were motivated by more than just her commitment to character: She was on a mission to top Ms. Winslet’s time, said Mr. Denison, who came to “Wakanda Forever” bearing tales of the Oscar-winning actress’s feats of lung power on the “Avatar” set.
    Advertisement - Scroll to Continue

The instructor has “no doubt” Ms. Cadena could have eventually matched or bested her time. But Ms. Cadena, who is Mexican, was also busy studying English and the Mayan tongue her character speaks in the film, while also training for action choreography. “There were so many things I had to learn, I didn’t have time to break Kate Winslet’s record,” she said. /

Six-foot, 3-inch actor Alex Livinalli bulked up to 258 pounds to play Attuma, a henchman for Namor, and did lots of prep for fight scenes. One surprising skill he had to master: how to mellow out.

Before diving down into the tank to perform a scene, the actors followed a “breathe-up” routine, tuning out the noise of the set while doing inhale-exhale exercises to calm their minds and slow their heart rates.

“Once you start getting your mind in the right place, you don’t even notice when you get to that point of not wanting to act on your reflexes for oxygen,” Mr. Livinalli said. The actor, who initially tapped out at 30 seconds before training, eventually racked up a breath-hold of 3 minutes and 45 seconds, he said.
    I knew Alex was a big guy, but didn't realize he was quite that big.

I love how they are holding their feet to keep them from floating away.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-07-2022 at 08:08 PM.

Feige. Fast tracking. Namor. Rev, listen to yourself... lol