Page 27 of 238 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Speaking of missed opportunities... it's been confirmed from the latest teaser, that the Illuminati ARE going to appear in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Anyone taking bets on whether Namor is actually part of the MCU Illuminati? Since I am ever pessimistic when it comes to Marvel's treatment of Namor, I'm going to bet NO, he won't be part of it.
    I think this is the part of the last trailer that intrigued me the most. I am so used to click bait sites jumping to conclusions on the movie that I am glad that the trailer confirms it is the Illuminati. I wonder if this mean a possible cameo by Robert Downey Jr as Iron man too?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    LOL imagine the misadventures of Namor, Doom and Hammond?
    That would make for an interesting Fantastic Four!

It is to cry. I am disregarded or whatever for seeing a basic nobility in how Sue understands Namor, like no one else does. (and despite what you all may think, vice a versa, to me)

And Dr. Doom is considered a better person for him to associate with.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

OMG!

I've been staring at this for like 15 minutes speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

That is an amazing work! It makes me sentimental to see Doom there in the inner circle. I wish someone would revive their team up in a mini series or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It's totally beautiful.
    Thanks everyone! I'm happy you all enjoyed it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Just waiting here for World War M's next comic to be released! lol

I was not very aware of Suma-Ket, as I'm a deadbeat Namor fan (love the classic era, only a little the '90s)

it seems like he/it only had 4 appearances. Please explain if that is so or not, because his placement front and center, seems out of place compared to the other figures there.

However, the cool thing is he seems a bit like those Ancient Atlanteans that Hickman presented a few years back.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It is to cry. I am disregarded or whatever for seeing a basic nobility in how Sue understands Namor, like no one else does. (and despite what you all may think, vice a versa, to me)

And Dr. Doom is considered a better person for him to associate with.
    I'd say don't cry, but lately, it hard for a Namor fan NOT to cry, even if it is tears of anger. ;p

I wouldn't say disregarded at all, Oberon! Perhaps disagreed with, but that's cool. We all have our own Namor headcanon. As I've said before, I see the underpinnings of Namor and Sue as mythic. However, most writers don't acknowledge or understand that, and just abuse Namor to "progress" Sue and Reed's latest relationship conflict. And thus there's zero future for Namor and Sue at Marvel. Cause I'm a Namor fan first, I want to see him in a relationship that is about HIM and his significant other, not being using as a plot point in some other character's story. Namor is long long long long long overdue to have his own romantic relationship.

And so yes, even though it is not romantic, I, and others, think Doom is a better _character_ for Namor to associate with because there story will be about THEM, and how they interact, and NOT about making Sue or Reed look better.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I was not very aware of Suma-Ket, as I'm a deadbeat Namor fan (love the classic era, only a little the '90s)

it seems like he/it only had 4 appearances. Please explain if that is so or not, because his placement front and center, seems out of place compared to the other figures there.

However, the cool thing is he seems a bit like those Ancient Atlanteans that Hickman presented a few years back.
    90s Namor was definitely a mixed bag. 0_0

He could easily have connections to Hickman's Ancient Atlanteans, given he probably is NOT Atlantean himself, and he occupies the same niche (ancient primordial evil that Neptune had to help the Atlanteans fight) but in a so much better fashion.

Yes, sadly, Suma-Ket has really only appeared in one arc that I'm aware of. But it was a GREAT story, at least if you like dark fantasy, and he was an incredible adversary for Namor. He's an ancient evil, a sorcerer king, who clearly served some elder god that was expertly woven into Atlantean ancient history. There is so much potential for him -- why he hasn't been used again ... well, I guess cause Namor hasn't really had long run since then.

There's a great write up on him at Marvel Appendix:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/s...unforgiven.htm
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think this is the part of the last trailer that intrigued me the most. I am so used to click bait sites jumping to conclusions on the movie that I am glad that the trailer confirms it is the Illuminati. I wonder if this mean a possible cameo by Robert Downey Jr as Iron man too?

So, so true.

I don't know. It could be possible. Though, given their 'throne room' I'm pretty sure this Illuminati has a different mandate and roster. Probably more multi-universal. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if RDJ did a cameo.

I'm also kind of wondering if this isn't a sneak peek at the post credits scene?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Just waiting here for World War M's next comic to be released! lol
    That's coming out next week. I hope it's not just another "Maestro curb stomps everybody" story.

So, so true.

I don't know. It could be possible. Though, given their 'throne room' I'm pretty sure this Illuminati has a different mandate and roster. Probably more multi-universal. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if RDJ did a cameo.

I'm also kind of wondering if this isn't a sneak peek at the post credits scene?
    I doubt that it would be. They save some surprises in there I'm not sure if I am going on the day the movie opens but at least it will be that opening weekend. I usually tag along with my brother and his 3 teenagers. They are all Marvel fans like their dad.

People are still a bit reluctant to go to the theater. As for myself, I am not going to turn myself over completely to streaming services of pay per view.

I doubt that it would be. They save some surprises in there I'm not sure if I am going on the day the movie opens but at least it will be that opening weekend. I usually tag along with my brother and his 3 teenagers. They are all Marvel fans like their dad.

People are still a bit reluctant to go to the theater. As for myself, I am not going to turn myself over completely to streaming services of pay per view.
    That's great that you have family who enjoy seeing the MCU movies! The pandemic has practically made my theater visits non-existent, but I have gone to see the Marvel movies -- Black Widow, Shang Chi, Eternals. Probably won't be opening weekend, but I'll find a less crowded time to go see Dr. Strange 2. Very much looking forward to it.

You're probably right on that NOT being an post credit scene ... but it would have been a perfect one to leave people excited.

As I said, this is the cover art of the namor series of my dreams, one that focuses and dives into all the mythology/gods/relics of Ancient Atlantis so I thought that I wanted to show case characters whom I feel would make a good story as well as pay homage to older characters.

The top three figures are Evenor, the Guardian, he is a giant seahorse/dragon type of creature that guards Cleito's temple. Cleito is only ever featured in one story but imo that is fine since it was a time travel story and its not like she would be popping up all the time in the modern world, not to mention I dislike when gods/goddesses come in and out frequently since I feel there should be some mystery to them. Of Course Neptune finishes the heavenly trio and I had toyed with putting him center but me and the artist decided that because of Cleito is ownerof and is holding the Nexus Fragment and its importance to the storyline (all in fanfiction/my head storyline) she should be front and center offering the Namor the stone.

To the left are the older villains, tiger shark, attuma, byrrah, krang, and tha-korr. byrrah and krang represent the political aspects of the Atlantean court and a threat to namor's place on the throne, attuma and tiger shark are the outside threats, one being from the surface as well. I choose tha-korr's form from the First Mutant series since I feel that version brings about a more interesting and truer version of tha-korr, since imo the old emperor was not very happy having Namor as a grandson although I do know and acknowledge the comics where they seem to have an ok relationship but honestly given how much tha-korr hates the surface people and what was revealed in first mutant then it makes more sense for him to be the villain to Namor later in life, and it shows the struggle between the Old rule and the New rule.

To the right are the Black Tide, new villains for a new era with connections to namor, dorma, and attuma. They should be kept in namor comics as recurring villains imo bc they would be a tough foil for Namor.

Below are the hellish aspect/evil gods/villains of Sub-Mariner lore. Now there are ALOT of villains that Namor faces but so many of them have been forgotten to time and honestly dont have as much impact as attuma, krang, and tigershark's staying power even if all three have also fallen out of favor in recent years. So I thought which three characters have done the most emotional/physical damage to Namor or were the biggest threat to Namor and could be featured again in comics as adversaries; Artys-Gran and Suma-Ket are a matched set, where he goes, she goes, she is the dark undertone and sly machinations to his over bearing and terrible plots, Suma-Ket kills Namor and if not for Neptune he would have stayed dead (in that plot) and Arys-Gran had tormented Fen by keeping her in her grave for decades, meanwhile Llyra is imo the most dangerous and worst foe Namor has ever faced because all of her hatered for Namor comes from obsession, she isn't just going to ever walk away from anything, she had her hand in many of the worst times of namor's life, dorma's death, his fathers dead, taking atlantis away from him, and she also r/ped Namor while pretending to be Susan. So imo she is the worst of the worst and that makes her the best villain. lol.

The center is pretty much me going Namor needs his strongest supporters there, two from the sea and two from the land, Dorma and Vashti are his most loyal friends, and while Jim is trustworthy and the longest friend Namor had on the surface, Doom will help Namor because of their past history together and the fact that nothing Doom does comes without a price sometime down the line. Namor knows this but still allies himself with Doom because he weighs the risks vs the gain and is ok with that. They both showcase different sides of Namor because of his moral grey character, willing to work with heroes or villains.

Sorry for the long ramble but this is a piece I've put a lot of thought into and been waiting months for!

90s Namor was definitely a mixed bag. 0_0

He could easily have connections to Hickman's Ancient Atlanteans, given he probably is NOT Atlantean himself, and he occupies the same niche (ancient primordial evil that Neptune had to help the Atlanteans fight) but in a so much better fashion.

Yes, sadly, Suma-Ket has really only appeared in one arc that I'm aware of. But it was a GREAT story, at least if you like dark fantasy, and he was an incredible adversary for Namor. He's an ancient evil, a sorcerer king, who clearly served some elder god that was expertly woven into Atlantean ancient history. There is so much potential for him -- why he hasn't been used again ... well, I guess cause Namor hasn't really had long run since then.

There's a great write up on him at Marvel Appendix:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/s...unforgiven.htm
    Suma-Ket is the way for Marvel to finally get back into the dark history of Atlantis as well as a threat that is totally undersea and nothing from the surface, so many someday someone will do something with him.

That's coming out next week. I hope it's not just another "Maestro curb stomps everybody" story.
    Yeah, same, I just hope that its entertaining bc god knows that Aaron's Avengers and Slott's FF isn't. :/

I mostly love your analysis, especially on Llyra.
    ~ Oberon ~

I mostly love your analysis, especially on Llyra.
    Llyra is the worst! lol.

1_XsUpSCEF0S3ES1VXyF7XnA.jpg