Page 29 of 238 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Pure intense action
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Thanks for these. I tend to catch up on threads, so I end up asking/responding for something that I see already happened, but later from my time-stance.
    I'm just not 'in' the way I was. I've really dropped off so many titles over the last 10 to 12 years. But even before that I had stopped a lot of the extra issues or special issues, so I missed stuff then. I appreciate seeing this, but it takes me a while to put it in context.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor Week 2022 is over! Check out this link for all the fanworks submitted this year!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Final entry for Namor Week this year is this fun piece of art submitted by Thraul28!

So I've had this silly image in my head for a long time of Namor finally getting to sit down and eat his bagel in peace, so I commissioned this lovely artwork of Namor from @pointdotiozao for #NamorWeek

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I LOVE it! Namor and his bagels! Perfect!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Preview for Maestro #3 is up! Peter David gets it.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The fact that a writer acknowledges Namor's side is so rare I think I might be in shock, sad that this is an AU/Future universe and not in the current books.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Actually I did find that this was picked up on in Reggie Hudlin's Black Panther series in 2009. I had forgotten about this series but then I remembered there was a battle between Black Panther and Doom and it does not go well for BP. In the very first issue, we see T'Challa and some of the Dora Milaje returning to Wakanda but their ship is aflame and it crash lands. T'Challa is seriously injured and he has to be placed in a healing chamber. The story behind it is told in flashback scenes. T'Challa arrives at a medieval looking castle in the mountains and is greeted by Namor. Namor discussed Norman Osborn's creation of the Cabal and asks him to join.

T'Challa turns down the invitation and when he leaves he is confronted outside by Doom and some Doombots. Even though Latveria isn't mentioned I assume this must be where Namor is staying. This issue came out in 2009 and the Sub-Mariner: Revolution mini concluded at the end of 2007 so eventually it was followed up on.

[
    Thanks for posting! Interesting to see that Namor, Doom, and T'Challa and their interactions together and how different T'Challa reacts to each of them. IIRC this was Pre-DoomWar? lol, then that would have meant Doom stood around talking to T'Challa while plotting to steal all the vibranium XD

Actually I did find that this was picked up on in Reggie Hudlin's Black Panther series in 2009. I had forgotten about this series but then I remembered there was a battle between Black Panther and Doom and it does not go well for BP. In the very first issue, we see T'Challa and some of the Dora Milaje returning to Wakanda but their ship is aflame and it crash lands. T'Challa is seriously injured and he has to be placed in a healing chamber. The story behind it is told in flashback scenes. T'Challa arrives at a medieval looking castle in the mountains and is greeted by Namor. Namor discussed Norman Osborn's creation of the Cabal and asks him to join.

T'Challa turns down the invitation and when he leaves he is confronted outside by Doom and some Doombots. Even though Latveria isn't mentioned I assume this must be where Namor is staying. This issue came out in 2009 and the Sub-Mariner: Revolution mini concluded at the end of 2007 so eventually it was followed up on.

[
    No, I don't think Namor wasn't staying in Latveria at this point. IIRC, Namor met T'challa at Doom's castle, after swimming as fast as the Quinjet. This scene actually made zero sense to me, but it was Hudlin, so I'm not surprised. His Namor was awful.

After Sub-Mariner Revolution, we had Doom also inviting the Asgardians to live in Latveria, but somehow they and the Atlantean army NEVER crossed paths. This is the big opportunity that was missed, IMO.

Then, IIRC, there was that weird sidebar in Fraction's The Order -- which stupidly had Namor offering to get arrested. <eye roll>

Then we had the Dark Reign Cabal where Osborn got Namor out of jail, and they form the Cabal -- that's where this Black Panther issue fits in. And somewhere in there, Namor and Emma are making X-Men plans.

See when I first read it, I thought T'challa had visited Doom prior to his meeting with Namor because the print there says "Three Hours Ago".

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    See when I first read it, I thought T'challa had visited Doom prior to his meeting with Namor because the print there says "Three Hours Ago".
    You're going to make me read that mess again, aren't you? ;p

The fact that a writer acknowledges Namor's side is so rare I think I might be in shock, sad that this is an AU/Future universe and not in the current books.
    Read Maestro #3. Poor Namor. Nice read, though.

Also, whoever decided on this look for Namor, covered up and with a horrible goatee, needs to read Jae Lee's FF 1234. Holy cow. I HATE the goatee.

I went to see the Dr Strange movie. And I was 100% correct about the Namor content. But enjoyed the movie and there's plenty of cool things in it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No, I don't think Namor wasn't staying in Latveria at this point. IIRC, Namor met T'challa at Doom's castle, after swimming as fast as the Quinjet. This scene actually made zero sense to me, but it was Hudlin, so I'm not surprised. His Namor was awful.

After Sub-Mariner Revolution, we had Doom also inviting the Asgardians to live in Latveria, but somehow they and the Atlantean army NEVER crossed paths. This is the big opportunity that was missed, IMO.

Then, IIRC, there was that weird sidebar in Fraction's The Order -- which stupidly had Namor offering to get arrested. <eye roll>

Then we had the Dark Reign Cabal where Osborn got Namor out of jail, and they form the Cabal -- that's where this Black Panther issue fits in. And somewhere in there, Namor and Emma are making X-Men plans.
    I think you have it wrong it you go by the publication dates. Doom was arrested and put in the Raft in Bendis's Mighty Avengers #11 (March 28 2008) Then a bit later when Osborn rises to power, he quietly gets Doom released and has him flown back to Latverian in Dark Avengers #3 (March 2009). Hudlin's Black Panther #1 story with Namor and Doom also came out in March of 2009. I think we can assume since both Namor and Doom were at that first Cabal meeting together that they both returned to Latveria from there. When Black Panther arrives after following Namor arriving by swimming in a river, the castle is definitely in Europe as we can see by the servant that greets him. This is typically how we've seen Latverians dress. Also note the flag on the castle. Many banners etc that have been shown in Doom's castle has an eagle. This doesn't appear to be a flag that Namor would likely have. Remember Doom has other castles. When Kristoff/ doom held the throne for a while Doom stayed in another castle until he returned to the throne.

I can't recall Namor ever being known to having a castle in Europe. And the special entrance for Namor was probably from the SVTU days.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-06-2022 at 09:10 AM.

You're going to make me read that mess again, aren't you? ;p

Read Maestro #3. Poor Namor. Nice read, though.

Also, whoever decided on this look for Namor, covered up and with a horrible goatee, needs to read Jae Lee's FF 1234. Holy cow. I HATE the goatee.
    LOL. Namor should ALWAYS be clean shaven imo. Even the depression stubble he has now in Avengers is not right. I only accepted bearded Namor if he has amnesia or something. Don't worry about reading it again Rev, lol. It's been some time since I picked up that era and I need to refresh my memory after all this talk.

I went to see the Dr Strange movie. And I was 100% correct about the Namor content. But enjoyed the movie and there's plenty of cool things in it.
    I was told by a friend there was a no sign of Namor, so I guess we still have to wait until Black Panther 2 comes out to see if he appears or not. It's been years of "will they include him or not" and I personally an so tired of the back and forth rumors and I want it put to rest. If Tenoch isn't Namor and the MCU pulls a fake out and just as a totally different country/people/group then I will be disappointed because I have been hyping myself up and worrying about this for so long. ):

I think you have it wrong it you go by the publication dates. Doom was arrested and put in the Raft in Bendis's Mighty Avengers #11 (March 28 2008) Then a bit later when Osborn rises to power, he quietly gets Doom released and has him flown back to Latverian in Dark Avengers #3 (March 2009). Hudlin's Black Panther #1 story with Namor and Doom also came out in March of 2009. I think we can assume since both Namor and Doom were at that first Cabal meeting together that they both returned to Latveria from there. When Black Panther arrives after following Namor arriving by swimming in a river, the castle is definitely in Europe as we can see by the servant that greets him. This is typically how we've seen Latverians dress. Also note the flag on the castle. Many banners etc that have been shown in Doom's castle has an eagle. This doesn't appear to be a flag that Namor would likely have. Remember Doom has other castles. When Kristoff/ doom held the throne for a while Doom stayed in another castle until he returned to the throne.

I can't recall Namor ever being known to having a castle in Europe. And the speicial entrance for Namor was probably from the SVTU days.

I will def give this era a read through again but you def put up a strong case for Namor having hung around Latveria for a while!

LOL. Namor should ALWAYS be clean shaven imo. Even the depression stubble he has now in Avengers is not right. I only accepted bearded Namor if he has amnesia or something. Don't worry about reading it again Rev, lol. It's been some time since I picked up that era and I need to refresh my memory after all this talk.
    I agree 200%. I don't like the scruffy stubble look he has now either.

I was told by a friend there was a no sign of Namor, so I guess we still have to wait until Black Panther 2 comes out to see if he appears or not. It's been years of "will they include him or not" and I personally an so tired of the back and forth rumors and I want it put to rest. If Tenoch isn't Namor and the MCU pulls a fake out and just as a totally different country/people/group then I will be disappointed because I have been hyping myself up and worrying about this for so long. ):
    Yep. Zero Namor content, despite the inclusion of the Illuminati - but they were in name only, completely missing the point, and despite including "incursions," they also weren't like Hickman's version. Completely wasted, IMO.