Page 3 of 238 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have to agree. Those Roy Thomas and John Buscema stories were GOLD to me.
    Indeed. Couldn't agree with you more, Reviresco.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Never get tired of seeing that splash page.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I started with Astonishing. I actually already read through 2 appearances of Tiger Shark. I was on my cell phone when I typed that and was too lazy to type a separation sentence for Tiger Shark. I started reading comics in the '90s and have read several from the '70s and '80s so it's fun to see how my favorite characters got started in the Silver Age. For instance, I didn't know that Stingray's first appearance was as Walter Newell and didn't take the Stingray name until much later (No spoilers please, haven't read the issue that Walter dons the Stingray suit).
    Yes! I think that means Stan Lee created Newell, but it would be Roy Thomas who made into a part time superhero? At least, I think Stan was still writing Tales to Astonish back then. Have you read the Deadpool appearances of Stingray? I've been meaning to, but I'm not a Deadpool fan, so I keep putting off reading that mini-series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

First look at Maestro! From AIPT.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/07/ex...world-war-m-1/

And is it Jim Hammond???

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That Namor looks like a Dr Strange and Namor lovechild.

I really hope that's Hammond.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor def looks like a mustache twirling villain with that goatee XD still I'm def gonna get this book. I'm excited for anything that's not Aaron Avengers Namor showing up.

Edited to add: That is def Johnny Storm Torch because I recall that Johnny was on one of the covers or art things, so not Jim this time.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-08-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I suppose Johnny has a reverse chemistry with Namor, from Hammond.

He was the one that discovered him in his amnesia period, and this represents part of the unique bond that the FF share with Namor.
    They have been Namor's enemies as well as allies, but somehow they always come back to the dynamic that they are a point of intersectionality with Namor that most other characters don't have.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    That Namor looks like a Dr Strange and Namor lovechild.

LOL! Yes, Namor does look like that.

I'd LOVE it if were Hammond.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor def looks like a mustache twirling villain with that goatee XD still I'm def gonna get this book. I'm excited for anything that's not Aaron Avengers Namor showing up.

Edited to add: That is def Johnny Storm Torch because I recall that Johnny was on one of the covers or art things, so not Jim this time.
    Well drat. I was really hoping for Hammond.

I do hate the goatee. I don't know why they go with that look. I also don't care for the scaly undershirt. I don't understand why any artist feels the need to cover Namor up entirely.

I'm definitely getting this, for the reasons stated, plus seeing him team-up with DOOM again!

I'd LOVE it if were Hammond.
    Me too. It'd be great to see another battle between them.

Well drat. I was really hoping for Hammond.
    That's sad. Would LOVE to see the Firebug return (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-10-2022 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. It'd be great to see another battle between them.

That's sad. Would LOVE to see the Firebug return (LOL):
    LOL! Firebug and Water Rat! I do miss those interactions.

I'd like to see some resolution from what happened to poor Hammond in Zdarsky's Invaders.

It appears the second issue of Maestro will feature Namor and Atlantis ... which it appears is NOT a good thing, as apparently ... wait for it ... Maestro is heading there to DESTROY ATLANTIS.

sigh.

Also, I have no idea what is going on in this variant cover. I mean, I'm guessing that is Namor, but the artist didn't appear to get the Goatee Message. And the woman???

Here's another cover, which doesn't have Namor, but has a cool underwater creature.

https://screenrant.com/hulk-evil-mae...namor-destroy/

What would be your ideas for a "Future" Namor, or a "The End" or "Wastelands" Sub-Mariner story?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It appears the second issue of Maestro will feature Namor and Atlantis ... which it appears is NOT a good thing, as apparently ... wait for it ... Maestro is heading there to DESTROY ATLANTIS.

sigh.

Also, I have no idea what is going on in this variant cover. I mean, I'm guessing that is Namor, but the artist didn't appear to get the Goatee Message. And the woman???

Oh? Another AU kid for Namor? I swear the man has more AU kids than anyone because Marvel won't let him have any living 616 kids. lol

What would be your ideas for a "Future" Namor, or a "The End" or "Wastelands" Sub-Mariner story?
    I feel like this is something that we've seen multiple times:

Defenders - Namor is one of the last living people on earth
    Major X - Namor is old and again one of the few survivors
    Captain Marvel - Namor was one of the few people to survive before he was murdered by his and Amora's son

So like Namor's near immortality/location underwater usually has him surviving past others.

I personally would love to actually see a thriving Atlantis population and the Atlanteans being the wardens of the coastlines around the world, with "land stations" and Namor being regent of the land and sea with a peace treaty from the surviving humans, Atlanteans would help humans but they are no longer afraid/under threat of human weapons. Namor would have a court that is torn between keeping the ongoing peace and some rebels who want to crush the rest of the humans so they don't rise again, so he would have some trouble dealing with that but I do NOT want to see another "Atlantis fell again" story.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Here's another cover, which doesn't have Namor, but has a cool underwater creature.

I always wondered if there was an undersea creature such as this with lots of arms that was not they typical octopod that Namor could control! Well now I know, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always wondered if there was an undersea creature such as this with lots of arms that was not they typical octopod that Namor could control! Well now I know, lol.
    I've never seen this character / monster before. It seems to have an octopus head, but a more humanoid body. I mean, look at its hands.

Namor has some control over Kaiju type sea monsters with the Horn of Proteus.

Hmmmm.

Well, for a Future or The End story, I'd like to see that prophecy Neptune made back in the 70s actually move forward / come true! You know, where Namor and Atlantis are at the forefront of all the nations?

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of Doom and Namor's plans come to fruition ... the "you rule the land, and I rule the seas" kind of set up, and have things go down hill from there, because it always does with those two. ;p

Wastelands ... that's pretty bleak. I'd have to think on that a bit.

Oh? Another AU kid for Namor? I swear the man has more AU kids than anyone because Marvel won't let him have any living 616 kids. lol
    Sadly, so true.

I don't know if this is a kid, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I feel like this is something that we've seen multiple times:

Defenders - Namor is one of the last living people on earth
    Major X - Namor is old and again one of the few survivors
    Captain Marvel - Namor was one of the few people to survive before he was murdered by his and Amora's son

So like Namor's near immortality/location underwater usually has him surviving past others.

I personally would love to actually see a thriving Atlantis population and the Atlanteans being the wardens of the coastlines around the world, with "land stations" and Namor being regent of the land and sea with a peace treaty from the surviving humans, Atlanteans would help humans but they are no longer afraid/under threat of human weapons. Namor would have a court that is torn between keeping the ongoing peace and some rebels who want to crush the rest of the humans so they don't rise again, so he would have some trouble dealing with that but I do NOT want to see another "Atlantis fell again" story.
    Yeah, it's either Atlantis fell, or Atlantis is waging war against the surface. There was a FF Unlimited story with some less than spectacular art, that had Atlantis ruling the land in a very fascist way. It was called Pax Atlantis, IIRC.

There was also the one I think may have been a Wastelands universe, that I bought because the rebel heroes were hiding out in Atlantis, so I thought we'd see some cool Namor stuff. But, of course, not. They were hiding out in the RUINS of Atlantis at some hidden base.