Page 4 of 238 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmmm.

Well, for a Future or The End story, I'd like to see that prophecy Neptune made back in the 70s actually move forward / come true! You know, where Namor and Atlantis are at the forefront of all the nations?

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of Doom and Namor's plans come to fruition ... the "you rule the land, and I rule the seas" kind of set up, and have things go down hill from there, because it always does with those two. ;p

Wastelands ... that's pretty bleak. I'd have to think on that a bit.

Sadly, so true.

I don't know if this is a kid, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, it's either Atlantis fell, or Atlantis is waging war against the surface. There was a FF Unlimited story with some less than spectacular art, that had Atlantis ruling the land in a very fascist way. It was called Pax Atlantis, IIRC.

There was also the one I think may have been a Wastelands universe, that I bought because the rebel heroes were hiding out in Atlantis, so I thought we'd see some cool Namor stuff. But, of course, not. They were hiding out in the RUINS of Atlantis at some hidden base.
    Ugh I remember that Fantastic Four one, the art has so many muscles and it didn't look good at all. Also Namora didn't have wings, but Nita was alive too. Dorma was alive as well, but I can't recall the ending of that so I will have to look it up later.

Sadly they always make Atlantis a ruin in these future worlds :/ except for that Ove and Amora world where they were like a refuge for everyone.

Also I'm not sure if this was shared on the board last year but just wanted to put Namor's World War M design:

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I've never seen this character / monster before. It seems to have an octopus head, but a more humanoid body. I mean, look at its hands.

Namor has some control over Kaiju type sea monsters with the Horn of Proteus.
    Yeah, that's what I mean---I pictured some undersea creature(s) with hands, feet and some tentacles, but had not seen any until now. This is great, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Most of those stories, if not all, are Namor appearing in other titles. If you could create a alternate future Namor that a current Namor had to meet, how would that go down? The dystopian future self trope has been done in many stories and many, many comics, but Namor's never gotten the treatment in his own book that I know of. We have seen a Golden age Namor slug it out with modern Namor ore than once.

I think it goes with the territory to some degree, that fantasy worlds are easy to adapt to future-world/alt-world things.

But I'm tired or easily bored of these. I mostly don't read these stories with Namor or others, they're way too often.

At any rate this version of alt/older/goatee/ Namor is a little more likable.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I don't know how interesting this will be to you guys, but I've scanned it and posted it just in case. It's from Crawford's Encyclopedia of Comic Books, which I got when I was a kid in the eighties, and it talks a little about the abandoned film The Lost Atlantis that was the genesis for the creation of Namor.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I don't know how interesting this will be to you guys, but I've scanned it and posted it just in case. It's from Crawford's Encyclopedia of Comic Books, which I got when I was a kid in the eighties, and it talks a little about the abandoned film The Lost Atlantis that was the genesis for the creation of Namor.
    Wow! Thank you!

I'd really love to see his sources on this, as I've never heard of that connection between Motion Picture Funnies and a specific movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The book doesn't list any. Looking online, I see someone criticising it for having numerous errors - it might well be packed with nonsense and hearsay. It was printed in 78, and back then it wasn't so easy to come by information as now, and I was about ten when I read it. I had just assumed it was fairly respectable, but if you, a big Subby fan, have never heard of this stuff I have to wonder.

Anyway, if it's not something you've ever seen before it's at least interesting, even if it turns out the guy was full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The book doesn't list any. Looking online, I see someone criticising it for having numerous errors - it might well be packed with nonsense and hearsay. It was printed in 78, and back then it wasn't so easy to come by information as now, and I was about ten when I read it. I had just assumed it was fairly respectable, but if you, a big Subby fan, have never heard of this stuff I have to wonder.

Anyway, if it's not something you've ever seen before it's at least interesting, even if it turns out the guy was full of it.

It is interesting! It's always fun to find out something new about a favorite -- even if it may not be entirely true. ;p

I didn't get a chance to research it today, but hopefully this weekend. There's a variety of information about Namor's origins, in part because Bill Everett liked to ... tell stories, or simply forgot / was confused, perhaps because of his drinking. It's so sad that he died in his 50s.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A page from today's FF 39. I have no idea what Slott is doing with Johnny, but it is bad, and this makes zero sense. And it also ignores the fact that Namor is fireproof. sigh.

To say nothing of the millions of sea life he must have cooked to death.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

How is Torch even aflame underwater?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

A page from today's FF 39. I have no idea what Slott is doing with Johnny, but it is bad, and this makes zero sense. And it also ignores the fact that Namor is fireproof. sigh.

I just keep wishing that Slott keeps Namor out of the FF comics. I don't care how he upgrades Johnny's powers, Namor is nearly indestructible and he has faced fire so many times, as well as a freaking bomb to the face.

Paul Renaud has been posting some pervious works, before and after arts:

Namor Week 2022 is happening! We may be a small fandom but this is our third year with this event, the prompts were chosen by a collection of Namor fans, if anyone wishes to join please feel free!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor Week 2022 is happening! We may be a small fandom but this is our third year with this event, the prompts were chosen by a collection of Namor fans, if anyone wishes to join please feel free!
    Awesome!

I'm marking it in the calendar NOW.

Is that first day going to be his alleged 100 year old birthday? It's also his 83rd anniversary. Maybe if we start now, we can ... "remind" Marvel for two years of his 85th anniversary and how he needs all the anniversary push / logos / issues like characters like Dark Hawk and Man-Thing. /s