Page 44 of 238 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Do you think with Quesada gone that Namor may get a comic series soon? I don't know who is in charge of deciding these things but the push against a ongoing Namor series has been around longer than C.B. has been in office and so I don't think it was him stopping it. Brevoort had changed Zdarsky's Namor book to an Invaders book because everyone kept saying "Namor doesn't sell" which Chip mentioned in that interview once.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Do you think with Quesada gone that Namor may get a comic series soon? I don't know who is in charge of deciding these things but the push against a ongoing Namor series has been around longer than C.B. has been in office and so I don't think it was him stopping it. Brevoort had changed Zdarsky's Namor book to an Invaders book because everyone kept saying "Namor doesn't sell" which Chip mentioned in that interview once.
    Yes, of course, the Invaders has so much more success selling than Namor. Their longest run lasted, what, 41 issues? Everything else has barely made it to 12 issues, if that. Meanwhile, Namor had two Marvel series, one that lasted 62 issues, the other lasting over a 100 issues, if you count the Tales to Astonish run that preceded it. And then there's his Golden Age books, which probably puts him in the top ten characters for issues sold -- I'd have to do the math, but Golden Age books SOLD. But of course, this is the same Tom B that kept insisting that Dr. Strange doesn't sell, despite the fact that he'd held a book for like 30 plus years in row. Tom B likes the Invaders, that's why they get so many chances.

Basically, Editorial gets it in their heads that some characters don't sell, and will not support them, to make them sell. It was only the movie that changed things with Dr. Strange.

Quesada was all about the street characters, which is why Moon Knight and Black Panther got such a huge support. He also liked movie characters. He didn't really get Cosmic characters, but he let DnA and others have that corner to play with. He didn't care for the magic side either. I think he barely knew Namor existed and didn't realize his place in the MU, so I'm not so sure he was pushing against Namor having an ongoing, so much as he just didn't care, and would rather push his favorites and genre (noir / street level).

And now we have Feige, who I don't think cares for Namor all that much either. So to answer your question, unless Namor IS in that Black Panther movie, I don't think we will be getting a Namor series. And of course, IF all the rumors are true, expect some Battle Scars level maiming of Namor and his mythos to make him Mayan.

Namor fans just can NOT win a break. Ever.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-03-2022 at 11:50 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah, well it really depends on the writers if they match the senergy with the MCU, whenever Aquaman became a big a hit, all that I saw happen with Arthur's comics was he got those same tattoos Momoa has, but of course Marvel does things differently.

Yeah, well it really depends on the writers if they match the senergy with the MCU, whenever Aquaman became a big a hit, all that I saw happen with Arthur's comics was he got those same tattoos Momoa has, but of course Marvel does things differently.
    I don't think it will depend on the writers. Again, look to the insertion of black Nick Fury into the MU to "match" the MCU Nick Fury. Editorial will lay down the edict, and put out a mini-series "explaining" the new or revamped Namor, and then they'll 'suggest' to writers that NuNamor be used in a variety of stories afterwards. That's IF Namor is going to be a continuing character isn't just killed off to try and boost Shuri and company.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think it will depend on the writers. Again, look to the insertion of black Nick Fury into the MU to "match" the MCU Nick Fury. Editorial will lay down the edict, and put out a mini-series "explaining" the new or revamped Namor, and then they'll 'suggest' to writers that NuNamor be used in a variety of stories afterwards. That's IF Namor is going to be a continuing character isn't just killed off to try and boost Shuri and company.
    *worries more*

I know that some of the writers/artists who have worked on Namor before might try to keep that energy going but yeah we will probably see some changes in the future, I just hope it's good ones. My biggest fears is them killing off Namor like Killmonger ):

Yes, this is a woman, but imagine Namor's Hellfire outfit with this sort of inspiration. It's a character named Nox from a game called Smite.

Arrgh. CBR messing up the links. Doesn't like A R T S T A T I O N, for some reason. Anyway, try this instagram link to see phosphorescent version

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8HHmotB..._web_copy_link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1109849906511052801
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-03-2022 at 08:40 PM.

sorry Rev it looks like the links are broken? I can't get them to work

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

They're working now. Beautiful designs.

sorry Rev it looks like the links are broken? I can't get them to work
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They're working now. Beautiful designs.

Sorry about that. My initial links were being censored by CBR so I had to go find other pics and edit them back in.

*worries more*

I know that some of the writers/artists who have worked on Namor before might try to keep that energy going but yeah we will probably see some changes in the future, I just hope it's good ones. My biggest fears is them killing off Namor like Killmonger ):
    Yes, it's a mess. Like I said from the beginning. The worst thing that could happen to Namor is for him to be appear in a Black Panther movie.

I'm still holding out a tiny hope that Tenoch's character is NOT Namor and has something to do with the Savage Land.

Sorry about that. My initial links were being censored by CBR so I had to go find other pics and edit them back in.
    It's fine, I like them!!! This is the sorta aesthetic Namor needs, this dark underwater stuff, I'm just SO DISAPPOINTED in the hellfire gala look. I wish any other artist had taken Namor on ):

Yes, it's a mess. Like I said from the beginning. The worst thing that could happen to Namor is for him to be appear in a Black Panther movie.

I'm still holding out a tiny hope that Tenoch's character is NOT Namor and has something to do with the Savage Land.
    Marvel still hasn't officially announced or confirmed anything yet, so maybe. I think they might be waiting to drop a trailer or something during comic con this summer.

If the actor is not namor and seems to be about, vaguely, some of the same stuff,

won't that dilute any real Namor when it comes through.

But look at the bright side: won't be any Sue Namor in that case.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If the actor is not namor and seems to be about, vaguely, some of the same stuff,

LOL!

I'm not sure that's the case, though. I mean, we KNOW the FF movie is coming. ; p

Probably, IF Tenoch's character does have alot of Namor's stuff. It goes back to the question I asked earlier about when does the character NOT be Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

If this happens, you can all but guarantee Marvel Studios will never be doing an actual Namor. If there is any aquatic character with even vague similarities, Namor in the MCU is toast.

I read Aquaman: Andromeda, it has great writing and art, and the artist, Christian Ward is amazing as always, and I remembered he had once done a Namor art so I thought I would share that again.

Ward_ Namor.jpg