Page 5 of 238 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Paul Renaud has been posting some pervious works, before and after arts:

LOVE them all, and Renaud's ink washes, but especially this Invaders piece. Wasn't it used as a TIME magazine cover in the story?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    To say nothing of the millions of sea life he must have cooked to death.
    Exactly. The usual total disregard of the Atlantean environment, but somehow, when Namor dumps water on the surface world it's OMG, VILLAIN!!! Someone needs to call PETA and Greenpeace and WWW on Johnny. ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How is Torch even aflame underwater?
    I just keep wishing that Slott keeps Namor out of the FF comics. I don't care how he upgrades Johnny's powers, Namor is nearly indestructible and he has faced fire so many times, as well as a freaking bomb to the face.
    I had the same questions, myself. But apparently, Reed explains later that the Human Torch is no more, he's more like the Human Star. Isn't that the latest upgrade /new power of Jim Hammond from Robinson? That he can can control radiation of all kinds?

Which, honestly, just makes what he did to the underwater environment even worse and not properly portrayed in the page.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Doomscribe, who is a long time Doom fan, has added a link to the Doom thread to his ********* page of t-shirts, baseball T-shirts and more cool stuff on his store. I think I'm going to order Namor/Doom that he created from a variant cover.

I think he may add some more SVTU stuff in the future if things go well.

Weird CBR censor is shielding you from seeing that the name of the website T E E P U B L I C

The source image he is using is a variant X-Men cover by Paolo Rivera but the other villains are cropped out.

Oh, cool! I was looking at some of the other items, but was waiting to see what else was posted. Great!

I ordered that one in black so should arrive in about 4 or 5 days.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Awesome!

I'm marking it in the calendar NOW.

Is that first day going to be his alleged 100 year old birthday? It's also his 83rd anniversary. Maybe if we start now, we can ... "remind" Marvel for two years of his 85th anniversary and how he needs all the anniversary push / logos / issues like characters like Dark Hawk and Man-Thing. /s
    His alleged birthday is February 22, 2022! I will be sharing some edits I'm working on for that day as a mini celebration but I thought to include it as a prompt this year for fun during Namor week, and since it's set in April, the month Namor was first created, it will be a sorta "double" birthday XD (I don't know the exact day Namor was made/drawn for motion pictures funnies weekly). I will def pester Marvel as much as I can for SOMETHING for one of his anniversaries.

I will have two commed arts to share during that week hopefully! The artist told me they would be done in time (*whispers* one of them will be a Namor/Dorma art!!! (sfw) XD ) I will do all I can to remind people that Dorma is Namor's true lost love and hope that someday we can get her back in the comics!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOVE them all, and Renaud's ink washes, but especially this Invaders piece. Wasn't it used as a TIME magazine cover in the story?
    Yes it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doomscribe, who is a long time Doom fan, has added a link to the Doom thread to his ********* page of t-shirts, baseball T-shirts and more cool stuff on his store. I think I'm going to order Namor/Doom that he created from a variant cover.

I think he may add some more SVTU stuff in the future if things go well.

Weird CBR censor is shielding you from seeing that the name of the website T E E P U B L I C

The source image he is using is a variant X-Men cover by Paolo Rivera but the other villains are cropped out.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnkxbWjPj]
    Thanks for sharing!

Random Question Time:

Who would character(s) would you like to see Namor interact with that he rarely or never does? Are there any characters you are interested in that you feel would create an interesting dynamic?

Yes it was!

Thanks for sharing!
    There are also a few Namor shirts on that site

This one looks like a Steve Epting page

This one is pretty good but I don't know the image source

And this one is available for shipping at Kohl's There's even a golden age one at the bottom of the page

I think one of you here has this one

Oooh, I would have liked a couple of those, especially the Everette shirt, but there's no shipping to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Random Question Time:

Who would character(s) would you like to see Namor interact with that he rarely or never does? Are there any characters you are interested in that you feel would create an interesting dynamic?
    AFAIK, he hasnt' interacted much with She Hulk lately, unless it occurred in Jason Aaron's Avengers. I dropped that a while back since I was against the dumbed down She Hulk.

Random Question Time:

It was all too brief, but I'd be interested in some more interactions between Namor & Hawkeye (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    AFAIK, he hasnt' interacted much with She Hulk lately, unless it occurred in Jason Aaron's Avengers. I dropped that a while back since I was against the dumbed down She Hulk.
    Unfortunately that ended with Namor prostrating himself before She-Hulk and vowing to do anything she wishes because of his own cowardice. Yeah that happened.

Random Question Time:

Namor has had so many team ups/guest starring that it took me a while to think about someone he has never interacted before that I would like to see happen:

Namor and Blade, I think it would be a great team up and the pair of them fighting Vampires or Aqueos together, some dark horror adventure would be cool to see.

As for rare team ups, I would love to see Namor and Doom again (as always) since they haven't truly teamed up in a while.
    Namor and Valkyrie (og Valkyrie, not Jane Valkyrie) because I love their dynamic (and perhaps a small romance could occur? lol) and they really have not been on page together in ages.
    Namor and Quicksilver, I would love to see them team up in 616 since the AU house of m had them in a different characterization/dynamic.
    Namor and Nightcrawler, they could bond over speaking German and also Kurt could introduce Namor to his favorite German drinks, lol. I just feel X-Men Red was such a waste because Namor and Nightcrawler were on the same team together and never even spoke to each other.
    Namor and Ororo, the two of them had respect for each other and I would love to see them team up!

Unfortunately that ended with Namor prostrating himself before She-Hulk and vowing to do anything she wishes because of his own cowardice. Yeah that happened.
    PLEASE don't remind me, it was so ooc for him to be like that. As much as I love Namor , I know the man is very arrogant and even if he was wrong and acknowledges it, he would never bow to anyone (he only did so in the hickman run to spare his people) Namor instead would have given a nod of his head and spoken to She-Hulk with a humbleness, he would not prostrate himself like that imo. Also Namor would never leave such an open ended favor like that, I'm sorry I just hate Aaron's writing so much. I am a big fan of she-hulk but the way Aaron writes Namor is so gross and ooc.

smh....I am so glad I dropped the Avengers.