Page 53 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I also imagine Kevin Feige's head is exploding about now. I'm sure he wanted everything to be about Thor this week, and NOT having to deal with a BP Namor leak. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

My fear about MCU synergy seeping into the comics in the sad fact Marvel has left the 616 history of Atlantis so vague and empty it's practically begging to be replaced by a more concrete version that the MCU is going to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    My fear about MCU synergy seeping into the comics in the sad fact Marvel has left the 616 history of Atlantis so vague and empty it's practically begging to be replaced by a more concrete version that the MCU is going to present.
    That is going to be a seriously BIG retcon. I mean, there's been tons of Neptune / Poseidon appearances. How the heck is that going to be reconciled?

The only way to do it is a variant.

And that's been my fear from the complete disappearance of Namor from Gillen's A.X.E. event. I wouldn't put it past them to kill off the Namor we know and love and replace him with a variant.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-02-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The full picture, which is clearly the one that was blurred out.

At least he has the wings.

Also an entirely true quote from someone on twitter:

Somehow #Marvel managed to overdesign a f....ing speedo and some bracelets.
    https://twitter.com/painfulgamer1/st...ab3a0COyiH0x6g
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-02-2022 at 01:13 PM.

He doesn't look bad at all, if you know who Namor is, you instantly know that's Namor. I'm just not a fan of the grafting of Mesoamerican culture over the Namor mythos, it just feels so cynical. This plus Namor being part of Panther 2, without Panther but instead Shuri and Riri "IronHeart". I just don't see it going well. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I saw the designs here about an hour ago and 've been thinking what to say about them. Well... I sorta like Attuma's design, but Namor... Okay, I accept the Mesoamerican influence on MCU Namor, but please, no synergy between this and comics Namor, just noooooooo :_(
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

He doesn't look bad at all, if you know who Namor is, you instantly know that's Namor. I'm just not a fan of the grafting of Mesoamerican culture over the Namor mythos, it just feels so cynical. This plus Namor being part of Panther 2, without Panther but instead Shuri and Riri "IronHeart". I just don't see it going well. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.
    No, the pic and the costume doesn't look bad at all. Except for that damn goatee. Also, Huerta just isn't that big and ripped. That's a very complimentary pic.

Those are my problems with this also. Trashing Namor's 80+ years of history, appropriating the MesoAmerican culture -- as well as doing a Latin vs Black take, and Namor appearing in a Black Panther movie, where you know he's going to be trashed to boost BP. Namor is so much MORE than that, but that's all he's going to be so many people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No, the pic and the costume doesn't look bad at all. Except for that damn goatee. Also, Huerta just isn't that big and ripped. That's a very complimentary pic.

Those are my problems with this also. Trashing Namor's 80+ years of history, appropriating the MesoAmerican culture -- as well as doing a Latin vs Black take, and Namor appearing in a Black Panther movie, where you know he's going to be trashed to boost BP. Namor is so much MORE than that, but that's all he's going to be so many people now.
    There's always a chance it wont be as we fear, ..but we'd be putting our faith in Disney's Marvel... Hasn't exactly worked out for me in the past.

I have a feeling Imp is out there somewhere like this after the confirmation of Namor:

Meanwhile, me and Rev:

Last edited by Doombot; 07-02-2022 at 02:00 PM.

There's always a chance it wont be as we fear, ..but we'd be putting our faith in Disney's Marvel... Hasn't exactly worked out for me in the past.
    Please. Marvel comics was more than happy to totally sacrifice Namor for Black Panther. You know they will be even quicker to do that in the movies. Not to mention, are there any Latino creators on the shoot? I don't think so.

I have a feeling Imp is out there someone like this after the confirmation of this Namor:

Meanwhile, me and Rev:

LOL! So true!

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I saw the designs here about an hour ago and 've been thinking what to say about them. Well... I sorta like Attuma's design, but Namor... Okay, I accept the Mesoamerican influence on MCU Namor, but please, no synergy between this and comics Namor, just noooooooo :_(
    Exactly!

I don't have a problem with the designs on their own, but I don't want any of this for Namor.

Holy crap.

Okay, I'm never complaining about the bucket of spikes 'crown' that 60s Namor was put in.

What the heck is that supposed to be???

https://twitter.com/QuidVacuo_/statu...BaH8c54Ci02lpQ

Okay, the translation of the tweet says Namor is the avatar of the Jaguar god. WTF???
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-02-2022 at 02:18 PM.

What is that, where'd you get it?

The little good will I had just tanked.

I'm 95% sure the headpiece is a snake.
    Last edited by Doombot; 07-02-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Holy crap.

Okay, I'm never complaining about the bucket of spikes 'crown' that 60s Namor was put in.

What the heck is that supposed to be???

https://twitter.com/QuidVacuo_/statu...BaH8c54Ci02lpQ

Okay, the translation of the tweet says Namor is the avatar of the Jaguar god. WTF???
    Kino. I wasn't really fan of this interpretation of Namor, but this makes it a lot more interesting to me.