Page 6 of 238 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

I do love She-Hulk though, and I've love to see her interact more with Namor. That being said, I have kinda always wanted to see a fun all-female version of the Defenders with Clea in the lead, along with Namorita, She-Hulk and Nova being the female variations of the original team. Throw in Hellcat and Tigra and I'm all over that book. Then you have them face an evil version of the team lol, maybe call them the Offenders, with Doom, Llyra, the Super-Skrull and maybe some cosmic baddie out of left field like Man-Beast or something. SIGN ME UP lol

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Did you read Fearless Defenders? It wasn't quite that roster, but it was an all female roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Unfortunately that ended with Namor prostrating himself before She-Hulk and vowing to do anything she wishes because of his own cowardice. Yeah that happened.
    Funnily, I read this quote from a Hickman interview, right before reading this post.

"You write the book and people either liked your stuff and they want to write about it or they liked your stuff and they want to destroy it like Jason Aaron."

LOL! I'm sure he meant that in a friendly way, as he and Aaron are friends, the kind that needle each other, especially about sports. But it seemed particularly apropos of the post.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/infe...ants-the-most/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Did you read Fearless Defenders? It wasn't quite that roster, but it was an all female roster.

Funnily, I read this quote from a Hickman interview, right before reading this post.

"You write the book and people either liked your stuff and they want to write about it or they liked your stuff and they want to destroy it like Jason Aaron."

LOL! I'm sure he meant that in a friendly way, as he and Aaron are friends, the kind that needle each other, especially about sports. But it seemed particularly apropos of the post.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/infe...ants-the-most/
    I wonder if Hickman is on any of the social platforms like Twitter, etc. At least I've not found him there. I think there's this new platform that a lot creators are on and it's private.

I remember when he used to post on Formspring and he used to do stuff like answer all the posts for that day as if he were Doom. Haven't seen him on Tumblr either.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if Hickman is on any of the social platforms like Twitter, etc. At least I've not found him there. I think there's this new platform that a lot creators are on and it's private.

I remember when he used to post on Formspring and he used to do stuff like answer all the posts for that day as if he were Doom. Haven't seen him on Tumblr either.
    He was on Twitter, but he deleted his account... last year? Or maybe the year before. It's all starting to blur together.

He's got a Substack newsletter, which also has a paid option, which is all about him and a few other folks creating a world and doing a comic about it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He was on Twitter, but he deleted his account... last year? Or maybe the year before. It's all starting to blur together.

He's got a Substack newsletter, which also has a paid option, which is all about him and a few other folks creating a world and doing a comic about it.
    Thanks....I remember this new platform was mentioned in some news about him but couldn't think of the name of it.

On this day 1 year ago I decided to change my username to @namorcosplay and dedicate myself and my instagram page to cosplaying my favorite character of all time Namor the Sub-Mariner.

In this 1 year I have done
    5 Namor cosplays
    2 Namor cosplay variants
    and Ikaris from The Eternals

Current Black Armor, Phoenix Five, All New Invaders, Speedo, Atlantis Attacks, King in Black Variant, Pants Variant, Ikaris of the Eternals

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    On this day 1 year ago I decided to change my username to @namorcosplay and dedicate myself and my instagram page to cosplaying my favorite character of all time Namor the Sub-Mariner.

5 Namor cosplays
    2 Namor cosplay variants

Current Black Armor, Phoenix Five, All New Invaders, Speedo, Atlantis Attacks, King in Black Variant, Pants Variant, Ikaris of the Eternals

All very cool indeed! Thank you for sharing!

Did you enjoy doing Ikaris? Is he a favorite character? Are there any other characters you would cosplay?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

5 Namor cosplays
    2 Namor cosplay variants

This is so stunning!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just a rumor, but we might see Namor in a Defenders comic this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Oh really....

I was just getting ready to post the news of the new Defenders book, but I hadn't seen anything about Namor being in it. That would be AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks....I remember this new platform was mentioned in some news about him but couldn't think of the name of it.
    Till January 29, Hickman is offering a free trial month to the newsletter if you want to try it.

https://twitter.com/3worlds3moons

5 Namor cosplays
    2 Namor cosplay variants

WOW! This is gorgeous and amazing and quite impressive. I love seeing your progression in these photos. Congrats on such a productive and beautiful year! And thank you for sharing it here.

Now that they've started filming again on Black Panther 2, the rumor mongering and clickbait articles have exploded. Here's my favorite article title:

Namor: Does Marvel Have Big Plans for the Sub-Mariner?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...arvel-studios/

My immediate reaction was laughter and snorting, followed by, "No. They do not."

Yup. Still bitter about Marvel completely dropping the ball on this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    All very cool indeed! Thank you for sharing!

Did you enjoy doing Ikaris? Is he a favorite character? Are there any other characters you would cosplay?
    Yes! I love Ikaris and the Eternals, both the movie and comics. I was lucky enough to be invited to the Eternals premiere cause of my Ikaris cosplay, and I also saw Eternals 10 times in theatres. So you could say that it's my favorite movie of all time haha. Ikaris was defintely one that required more patience with all the lines and circles on the design, but it is the one I am most proud of doing.

I mainly plan to do Namor I have a bunch of plans for this year to do 5 more on top of some exciting collabs with other cosplayers (Dorma, Tiger Shark, Attuma, U-Man,) I do want to do some of my other favorite cosmic characters down the line Nova, Starfox, and Quasar. Namor is my top priority though, I want to cosplay all his costumes! I got a list haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This would be great!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!