Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I feel like Marvel was biding their time with things like Namor and finding work arounds so they don't have to pay Universal anything, Marvel/Disney don't share nice with others as we saw from the X-Men stuff. But now they basically have everyone back full time except Spider-Man and those tied up with Universal but Universal has not kept their end of the bargain, there is no way they still have Namor rights without producing a movie, look at what happened with Fantastic Four, they made that last movie just to keep the rights. So I really do feel these are Atlanteans however I'm not pleased they will be in Black Panther, I am hoping they just have a misunderstanding before moving them into other movies. A whole franchise seems like a far stretch but multiple movies doesn't seem too far fetched. They have a lot in place for them to do a DEFENDERS movie, the actual defenders not the netflix ones, with doctor strange, hulk, already being there, Namor popping up might happen and well the fantastic four will be in the mcu soon and so will silver surfer I'm betting. So it may be wishful thinking but I really feel that Marvel will have Namor in the mcu soon, I hope.
    Agree with all the above, however I will say even though I’m not excited that his first appearance will be in BP, I feel like at this point after all the rumors we’ve heard I’d be disappointed it wasn’t him. Mainly cause I’d be excited for Namor to finally be more recognized and maybe his own ongoing solo series 👀 he is definitely overdue for that

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Agree with all the above, however I will say even though I’m not excited that his first appearance will be in BP, I feel like at this point after all the rumors we’ve heard I’d be disappointed it wasn’t him. Mainly cause I’d be excited for Namor to finally be more recognized and maybe his own ongoing solo series �� he is definitely overdue for that
    So true, he does deserve an ongoing that doesn't get canceled! I really didn't want Namor in the mcu with BP but if they just treat it with respect to the character then I will accept it, I'm trying really hard not to pass judgement on this until I can see it when it comes out. My biggest fear is they will pin T'Challa's death on Namor :/
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hello!

Wanted to share some new edits of my Phoenix Five Namor cosplay. I even edited in the vein effect that Jean Grey had in the Dark Phoenix movie, seeing as Namor is possesed by the Phoenix Force!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

OMG! This is amazing!

I didn't realize you also did the special effects. Great work!

Again, thank you for posting it here and sharing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hello!

Wanted to share some new edits of my Phoenix Five Namor cosplay. I even edited in the vein effect that Jean Grey had in the Dark Phoenix movie, seeing as Namor is possesed by the Phoenix Force!

Hey! Your Phoenix veins look just like the ones they used on Jean in the movie! I just watched it last nite and yours are spot-on!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey! Your Phoenix veins look just like the ones they used on Jean in the movie! I just watched it last nite and yours are spot-on!
    They are! I actually took a picture of Jean's face from the movie and blended her veins onto me in photoshop

They are! I actually took a picture of Jean's face from the movie and blended her veins onto me in photoshop
    LOL! I was wondering how they look so perfect and really matched Jean's on screen. You are very talented besides being a great Namor Cosplayer!

Please continue to show us more.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Absolutely stunning!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Sorry I haven't been posting. Haven't been very active lately. : ( Of course, knowing our only source of new Namor is Aaron's Avengers ...

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-cost-doctor-doom-magic/

Though, I think they posted the pages out of order. Art by Juan Frigeri.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Haven't picked up my comics yet, and not sure I'll be able to today, but we have both the Avengers and Maestro World War M coming out today. Here's yet another cover for the later. I'm wondering if this is supposed to be yet another AU Namor kid? Cause he looks nothing like the horrible goatee AU Namor we've seen from the covers and previews.

Anyway, this variant is more expensive, if you want to pick it up, but not ridiculously so.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I picked up both Avengers 53 and Maestro World War M. I liked how Namor appears in WW M and he preparing to fight back against the Maestro. There's an old friend from the past the original Human Torch is working with Namor as an ally against the Maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I picked up both Avengers 53 and Maestro World War M. I liked how Namor appears in WW M and he preparing to fight back against the Maestro. There's an old friend from the past the original Human Torch is working with Namor as an ally against the Maestro.
    I did enjoy the Maestro book. It actually fulfills the prophecy of Neptune, even if it is at the cost of all the surface world. It was nice to see Namor portrayed as a successful ruler with plenty of plans.

I was thrilled to see that it was indeed Jim Hammond Torch. And a very special guest star.

I couldn't believe Doom, though. I clearly need to read the previous series. But I'm pretty sure he'll recover soon.

Also, Leonard is indeed another AU son, I assume, of Namor. It also explains why he's got the goatee look, I guess.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Frigeri’s Namor is divine. Sexy, majestic, evokes strength, and power. He’s jumping on Capt. Marvel this May, but wouldn’t mind him launching a Namor title.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Frigeri’s Namor is divine. Sexy, majestic, evokes strength, and power. He’s jumping on Capt. Marvel this May, but wouldn’t mind him launching a Namor title.
    Of course, I wouldn't say NO to a Namor title drawn by Frigeri.

He does draw a powerful Namor -- one even Thor-El would like, I think.

This issue of Avengers didn't have anything eye rolling awful written, and Namor got plenty of pages basically brawling. Aaron forgot, like so many writers, that Namor's skin is practically unbreakable. Blades shouldn't work, since bullets bounce off him. But at least he remembered, unlike Hickman, that Namor can FLY.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I did enjoy the Maestro book. It actually fulfills the prophecy of Neptune, even if it is at the cost of all the surface world. It was nice to see Namor portrayed as a successful ruler with plenty of plans.

I was thrilled to see that it was indeed Jim Hammond Torch. And a very special guest star.

I couldn't believe Doom, though. I clearly need to read the previous series. But I'm pretty sure he'll recover soon.

Also, Leonard is indeed another AU son, I assume, of Namor. It also explains why he's got the goatee look, I guess.
    Doom got pretty messed up in the previous mini. I will post my thoughts on that in the Doom thread because it has an interesting callback to an older PAD series.

You know for a lead character the Maestro is pretty loathsome like when spoilers:
    he broke the neck of the Abomination's wife. I don't know about the part about the Abomination attempting to kill the Maestro's wife.
    end of spoilers