Page 83 of 238 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe part of his history will carry over. The rumor mill says that there is this group of people working behind the scenes to get vibranium. They are briefly shown in the trailer working on a the deck of a large freighter. Lake Bell is leading a crew on that ship searching for vibranium under the sea. One rumor was that her character is Lucia von Bardas, the cyborg who now serves Doom in the comics. But I notice she is not on the cast list for Wakanda Forever on IMDB. Plus there's a large H on the ship. Maybe that's just to mark a helicopter landing pad. As I mentioned earlier, some are making a link to the plot in the Doomwar mini series from a while back.

Sometimes these blogger/youtube guys are completely off the wall though. I was watching one last night looking for some of the news out of SDCC and when they got to the Thunderbolts they thought it was going to be a team lead by General "Thunderbolt" Ross. The details I've read are vague and maybe that's right but the first I thought of was the team lead by Baron Zemo and we know Baron Zemo has already been introduced in the MCU.

One guy even thought the birth scene in the trailer was a flashback to T'Challa's birth even though it obviously takes place underwater! I still haven't figured out if there is anything signifcant of that the Howard Stern leaked audio. He could be in an end credit scene in Wakanda Forever.
    I've found that alot of these bloggers / youtubers really don't know what they are talking about. They haven't actually read the books -- they are reading wikis and each other. Though I admit, I was confused about the water birth when I first saw it also. LOL!

Wow. I would love for Lucia Von Bardas to show up! That would be cool. Yeah, there's several people that aren't on the IMDB Crew, including Namora.

The ship and what causes the conflict with Wakanda are yet more unanswered questions about the film. November is seems so far away.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

And here comes the other benefit of being in the MCU ... THE MERCH!!!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...-at-sdcc-2022/

Get your pre-orders in now!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And here comes the other benefit of being in the MCU ... THE MERCH!!!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...-at-sdcc-2022/

Get your pre-orders in now!
    They look awesome!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Here's where I feel bad.

I REALLY hope they didnt just make Attuma just as Namor's muscle. It's ok if he started working with Namor and then after the events of this he turns on "Atlantis" or whats its called now.

However, Nakia and M'Baku were villains turns good guys. MCU Shuri is nothing like comic Shuri. Killmonger was not a blood relative of T'Challa.

History says Attuma is one and done.

Again I feel sorry for you guys even though I think they'll do a lot of great things as well.

It wouldn't be the first time the MCU basically used a powerful character from the comics and just had them show up as a throwaway nobody in the film. Or used their name and changed the character completely (Ronan the Accuser)
    At this point with so little to go on, it's really a coin toss, Attuma will either just be part of Namora's crew, serving out Namor's commands, or he's going to be that plus a bit of the Mordo turn. Attuma could be the character that represents older classic Atlanteans that are clamouring for war and are upset with Namor for not doing more against humanity.

Also, if you look at the Attuma Funko, notice he has sharpened, shark-like teeth, beneath his breathing mask.

ALSO, also, while I did notice Namor does not have his trident, which annoys me, what he does have is a blue jewel or stone like piece atop his spear. If you notice the Funkos of Namora and Attuma, their weapons also have these blue stones. Could this be oceanic vibranium? In the shots of the research vessel, there are containers with blue ...things in them. Are they researching this substance?
    Last edited by Doombot; 07-24-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Namor's wings in the trailer are most definitely unfinished mock-ups. The toys and the promo are have much bigger wings. From the merch coming out, it seems Namor, Namora & Attuma will most likely be the only Atleanteans of any significance in the film.

You have a decent and better feel about it.

I'm okay. Cap, first avenger was good start, but the 2nd should have been 'slight' recon or with those scenes, that would illuminate his WWW2 career and maybe give worthwhile cameos to Namor, Torch, etc.

Likewise, it wasn't their fault Fox would not sell back rights, but FF and X Men are seemingly at some disadvantages with story/plot

as some of them may be re purposed.

Secret Wars, 2nd was a tour de force for the Doom vs Ff/Reed thing and now may end up being more about Kang.

I'm just griping.

Have a good day, all.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have some of the same concerns as you. I really wasn't happy that Kang debuted in the MCU before Doom when it was the other way 'round in the comics. Kang always looked like Doom light to me. And Cantwell wisely had him play second fiddle to Doom in the solo series.

I am hoping that eventually we see some kind of alliance with Namor and Doom hinted at in Wakanda forever.

In the meantime, I will be happy to get some of that new Namor merch that will be hitting the stores soon. Then I can expand my little Namor army I never did get a green trunks Marvel Legends Namor. I didn't like that the joints showed so much so I got the black suit Namor instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was surprised how much of Namor there was in that trailer. Looks like his role will be pretty big in the movie.
    I was going to say: That sure was a decent NAMOR trailer!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I was going to say: That sure was a decent NAMOR trailer!
    Hey, he deserves it IMO! He and Captain America are Marvel's oldest characters

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

these look dope AF

Attuma has an unpainted belly in that last pic. You can see the shark teeth embedded in his skin across the top of his abdomen, under his pecs.

Both Namor and Attuma's weapons have that blue stone or metallic type tips. Possibly vibranium.

I still don't get how these two super advanced nations are running around using spears and clubs, by that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Attuma has an unpainted belly in that last pic. You can see the shark teeth embedded in his skin across the top of his abdomen, under his pecs.

Both Namor and Attuma's weapons have that blue stone or metallic type tips. Possibly vibranium.

I still don't get how these two super advanced nations are running around using spears and clubs, by that's just me.
    In fairness I do like that at least for Wakanda.

Its a great example of how sometimes you can be so powerful that you can become so rigid. Which the 1st movie sort of explored the flaws of Wakanda. They never faced a threat worth changing some oft their ways over.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

They could possibly shoot lasers like in Wakanda =P

Because if they have a divergent progression to the rest of the Western world then they wouldn't have anything that looks like guns at all.

I always think of the Tokugawa Shogunate era of Japan where they were cut off from the rest of the world and they still had medieval technology i.e. swords and spears (Samurais) and then when Commodore Perry from the United States showed up in the 1850's with a steel steam ship with guns to force them to open up (for trade) the Americans were shocked to see Samurais at the shore.

A type of culture and way of life that was basically extinct in the West for over a 1000 years.