Page 9 of 238 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course, I wouldn't say NO to a Namor title drawn by Frigeri.

He does draw a powerful Namor -- one even Thor-El would like, I think.

This issue of Avengers didn't have anything eye rolling awful written, and Namor got plenty of pages basically brawling. Aaron forgot, like so many writers, that Namor's skin is practically unbreakable. Blades shouldn't work, since bullets bounce off him. But at least he remembered, unlike Hickman, that Namor can FLY.
    I think he hit Namor in his gill. At least that’s what my head canon no-prize reason for the snafu.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I think he hit Namor in his gill. At least that’s what my head canon no-prize reason for the snafu.
    That's a good call. Though, didn't he have a bunch of knives stuck in Namor? Regardless, that does acknowledge Namor's ability to heal / shrug off attacks, so I should at least acknowledge that.

I guess I'm wondering WHY Aaron even has Namor on this team? He hasn't used him as anything but a brawler, and an example of a 'bad' character so his favorites can shine, and the team has enough heavy hitters, as it is.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

That's a good call. Though, didn't he have a bunch of knives stuck in Namor? Regardless, that does acknowledge Namor's ability to heal / shrug off attacks, so I should at least acknowledge that.

I guess I'm wondering WHY Aaron even has Namor on this team? He hasn't used him as anything but a brawler, and an example of a 'bad' character so his favorites can shine, and the team has enough heavy hitters, as it is.
    I think they’re trying to transition Namor from being an antagonist to a more heroic role. He could also add him to further cause tension between the Avengers and the world’s governments. Panther’s about to leave, with Nighthawk taking his place, and I think Thor’s about to leave as well.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

Of course, I wouldn't say NO to a Namor title drawn by Frigeri.

He does draw a powerful Namor -- one even Thor-El would like, I think.
    You know me Riveresco! Frigeri draws a great Namor as far as I can tell by the preview you posted. At least he doesn't looks 18 or 21 like the previous artist. These Golden Age heroes should look at least early 40s in their faces like Alex Ross paintings, damnit! even though their bodies may still look in their prime. I went to my LCBS today and they have not received their Marvel books this week. They told me to check on Monday. I still couldn't resist checking on my Atleantean tribe and see what's everyone talking about. Keeping my fingers crossed Frigeri stays. He also draws a very nice Jane Foster Valkyrie. Glad to see she plays the yes Sir newbie opposite the rebel Namor.

This issue of Avengers didn't have anything eye rolling awful written, and Namor got plenty of pages basically brawling. Aaron forgot, like so many writers, that Namor's skin is practically unbreakable. Blades shouldn't work, since bullets bounce off him. But at least he remembered, unlike Hickman, that Namor can FLY.
    Brawling sounds good to me, in fact everything I'm hearing doesn't sounds bad at all. I'm tempted to buy the Comixology digital version cause I can't wait to read this. About Namor's skin being unbreakable different artists have different takes ever since the Golden Age, I remember in a modern Invaders Wolverine being able to stab him with his adamantium claws which was awful.

I actually tied the old out of water gradual depowering to the skin invulnerability in my fan fictions. Since muscle is basically water ( muscle is the main reservoir of water in the body) and my version is an older, kind of superheavyweight Namor, as far as his skin remains hydrated and wet by his sweat while out of water his skin invulnerability will stay on as well as his full strength. So due to the muscle mass he carries like a camel in the desert Namor doesn't looses his strength and dehydration will require a huge effort by a supervillain, like being exposed to super intense heath rays by a being like Galactus or Hyperion for an extended period of time for him to start getting weaker and vulnerable. That would render his dehydrated skin ready for even a human with a bullet or a knife to stab or injure him.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Once again someone is suggesting or believing that Namor enters the MCU through the plot of Black Panther 2.

I believe a reading of this room suggests we are not liking that so much if it dishonors 1 'scale' of Namor's being and history and such.

Suddenly it comes to me (even if they are not doing this/seeing this)

If in the MCU Atlantis seems to be in proximity to Wakanda, then it can only mean

that the meteorite that contained vibranium, also left some of it, in that ocean.

And whether or not Atlanteans were already there, or whenever they came

they too found this substance and used it.

This explains undersea infrastructure and eventually other technology.

Maybe it explains where Wakanda derived from....

I know, scandalous theory, but let's face it, the Atlantis we know must/most certainly have existed

very, very long ago, before Wakanda.

PS: I don't hate Panther or Wakanda, I hate how the writers created this faux warring.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I always wondered if Atlantis had Vibranium or some other super-metal, be it from space, science or the gods.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always wondered if Atlantis had Vibranium or some other super-metal, be it from space, science or the gods.
    Atlantis' doesn't have Vibranium. Its Super Special Magical Metal is Orichalcum, which was "created" far, far, far in advance of Lee and Kirby, in Plato's Critias. Marvel has never done much with it. But of course, it's playing a role in DC's Aquaman / Black Manta mini-series now, because DC actually treats Aquaman and his world like a major player.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Orichalcum

The only connection between Vibranium and Atlantis, is that they retconned Namor's origin story, so that his father and Paul Destine were looking for the Savage Land's Vibranium, instead of the "Ancients" when the Oracle came to the Antarctic, and Leonard and Fen met.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Atlantis' doesn't have Vibranium. Its Super Special Magical Metal is Orichalcum, which was "created" far, far, far in advance of Lee and Kirby, in Plato's Critias. Marvel has never done much with it. But of course, it's playing a role in DC's Aquaman / Black Manta mini-series now, because DC actually treats Aquaman and his world like a major player.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Orichalcum

The only connection between Vibranium and Atlantis, is that they retconned Namor's origin story, so that his father and Paul Destine were looking for the Savage Land's Vibranium, instead of the "Ancients" when the Oracle came to the Antarctic, and Leonard and Fen met.
    Ah, thanks for the info.

It is a shame Marvel never had any special metals for the Atlanteans, since they have had weapons.

What about Neptune's Trident or any of Namor's Tridents? What are they made of? I know they look gold, but Gold as an element is a soft metal

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Orichalcum by another name could be

Vibranium.

Different peoples separated by thousands of. years have different names for the same things.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy 100th Birthday to Namor!!! I made some edits for today which you can check out here.

(Sorry I have not been around lately, just dealing with some health issues, hope everyone is doing well!)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Happy 100th Birthday to the King!!!

Happy Happy Centinniel Birthday to the True King of the Seven Seas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy Happy Centinniel Birthday to the True King of the Seven Seas!!
    Indeed. Truly a momentous occasion (IMHO):

Happy Birthday Namor. also: Pluto returns to its natal position in America's chart (July 4th, 176).
    Happens every 248 or so years.
    Usually means bad things for empires.
    ~ Oberon ~

Oh wow. So 100 is his actual age?