Page 93 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I don't know ... I guess we will have to wait till the next trailer. However, after the bogus 'make him different than Aquaman' business, it WOULD be odd if they gave Namor Mera's powers.
    Do not want.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he'll have those powers. They'll use some sort of tech or magic, or both, to try to drown Wakanda. Hopefully Namor has a horn of some sort. (Get your mind out of the gutter)

Do not want.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he'll have those powers. They'll use some sort of tech or magic, or both, to try to drown Wakanda. Hopefully Namor has a horn of some sort. (Get your mind out of the gutter)
    LOL!

Trying.

Seriously, though, I'd love for it to be magic, or a combo, maybe. But it's going to have be something that works with the lake. There shouldn't be an ocean near Wakanda, so there will be no summoning of the Giganto.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Not Giganto, but a wave. How were the giant tsunami summoned in the past? Namor's done it more than once, but I can't seem to recall. Am I misremembering?

The entire land-locked Wakanda vs oceanic empire still drives me nuts. How exactly are the Atlanteans going to get to Wakanda? Are you telling me they're going to swim up the small river systems from eastern Africa to get to Wakanda's lake?
    Last edited by Doombot; 07-30-2022 at 12:38 AM.

Not Giganto, but a wave. How were the giant tsunami summoned in the past? Namor's done it more than once, but I can't seem to recall.

The entire land-locked Wakanda vs oceanic empire still drives me nuts. How exactly are the Atlanteans going to get to Wakanda? Are you telling me they're going to swim up the small river systems from eastern Africa to get to Wakanda's lake?
    Yeah, it makes zero sense. But yes, I think that's how they did it before, up the river.

The Phoenix Namor didn't technically use a tsunami -- he basically water manipulated the lake, pulling up a giant wave.

In the golden age, Namor had giant machines stationed out in the ocean -- maybe like giant fans? Busiek didn't explain / show it, IIRC in Marvels, and that's the only place it really happened. Of course, according to Marvels, then, Namor did flood all of Africa (and Asia and Europe), soooo

Now, in The Order, the Atlanteans basically mined the beach with a bunch of beacons which put up and held up a giant wall of water. So, yeah, the Atlanteans used tech, the only two times I've seen it.

Alone. And in my speedo. ;p

K, you've always got an appropriate panel, and I do appreciate that.
    You're welcome, Reviresco! Also, thanks for the response. It is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome, Reviresco! Also, thanks for the response. It is greatly appreciated.

So cool!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Those look amazing! Except I am not that fond of Doom's mask. If you look at it real quick it looks like he's grinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Those look amazing! Except I am not that fond of Doom's mask. If you look at it real quick it looks like he's grinning.
    Yeah, it is a bit of a grill. Check out that guy's twitter I linked, though. He has another Doom Wakanda poster.

I'm really picky when it comes to Doom's mask and armour. I don't like that Doom. I don't like big clunky armour on Doom, it's meant to look medieval. His look is meant to hide the fact his suit is an advanced tech weapon.

I'm really picky when it comes to Doom's mask and armour. I don't like that Doom. I don't like big clunky armour on Doom, it's meant to look medieval. His look is meant to hide the fact his suit is an advanced tech weapon.
    He does have massive armored thighs. ;p

I'm not fond of the spikes on his shoes ... but overall, I think it's impressive.

Some Namor art from twitter.

Last edited by vitaminbee; 07-30-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Nice! It's amazing how much fan art there is out there, since the announcement last week. Though some got the jump on it with the leak of the tea towels.

I also love how's there's actually a debate on whether Namor's trunks are short enough. LOL!

In the golden age, Namor had giant machines stationed out in the ocean -- maybe like giant fans? Busiek didn't explain / show it, IIRC in Marvels, and that's the only place it really happened.
    In the original story, I think the tidal wave Namor hit Manhattan with was powered by a fleet of whales shoving water forward. Which makes no sense, and that's why we didn't explain it. Also because Phil didn't know how Namor did it.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!