Page 98 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3557
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The composer talking about the music for Wakanda Forever, and you can listen to the three tracks on the recently released EP.

As highlighted in the official teaser, the EP includes the powerful cover of Bob Marley and the Wailers’ “No Woman No Cry” performed by Nigerian artist Tems. The project is produced by Oscar®, GRAMMY® and Emmy®-winning composer Ludwig Göransson, and also features “A Body, A Coffin” performed by Ghanian artist Amaarae and “Soy” by Mexican rapper Santa Fe Klan.

Commenting on the inspiration behind this prologue, Ryan Coogler and Göransson shared, “This Prologue is an aural first glimpse of Wakanda Forever. The sound world for the film began with extended trips to Mexico and Nigeria. We spent our days working with traditional musicians who educated us about the cultural, social and historical contexts of their music. We built a catalogue of instrumental and vocal recordings with them that explored both traditional and non-traditional uses of their musical material. During the nights on these trips, we had recording sessions with contemporary artists who were akin to the characters and thematic material explored in the film. Using the script as a blueprint, along with the recordings from the traditional musicians, we began to build a musical vocabulary for the characters, storylines and cultures. The instrumental score and soundtrack for Wakanda Forever both organically grew from these sessions and workshops. They are conceived together as a singular entity to create an immersive and enveloping sound world for the film.”
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-available-now

I'm not sure what traditional Mayan / Aztec music sounds like, and the song on this EP is more modern, or Mexican rap, as they said. I've heard traditional Incan music and really like it, so I'm curious what they will have on the movie score.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks Rev!

Also here is a link to The Trial of Namor where a podcast is talking all about Namor, I'm listening to it now.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks Rev!

Also here is a link to The Trial of Namor where a podcast is talking all about Namor, I'm listening to it now.
    Hmmm.

I'm a little leery of Namor podcasts and youtube vids, but I'll check it out. Thanks!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, THIS is why I'm happy Namor is entering the MCU. David Talaski, beefcake comic book cover artist is 'working on something.'

https://twitter.com/DavidTalaski/sta...xayWEhXa_NP00A

Yesssss! Now if we can only get some of the other amazing cover artists to do Namor covers. I'm looking you at D.N.A., John Tyler Christopher, and Russell Dauterman.

Spending too much time looking at merchandise, and I noticed this on the Lego throne room set. Look at the back of the throne. There's a drawer and it's got what looks like ... jewels?

Do you think those are just Lego toys, or are they Atlantean treasures that will show up in the movie?

Thanks Rev!

Okay, I've only listened to half of it and I feel a very LONG reply coming on. I don't think they get Namor. I mean, for god's sake, they are quoting Aaron like THAT is supposed to represent Namor??? GTFO.

On the plus side, they ARE discussing things, as opposed to someone just spreading their opinionated misinformation.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm behind in the news but don't tell me Jason Aaron will be writing about Namor in his Avengers series, which I avoid like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm behind in the news but don't tell me Jason Aaron will be writing about Namor in his Avengers series, which I avoid like the plague.
    Jason Aaron threw Namor out the window. Destroyed Atlantis and removed the crown, Namor killed one of his closest friends. It's just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Okay, I've only listened to half of it and I feel a very LONG reply coming on. I don't think they get Namor. I mean, for god's sake, they are quoting Aaron like THAT is supposed to represent Namor??? GTFO.

On the plus side, they ARE discussing things, as opposed to someone just spreading their opinionated misinformation.
    I listened to it and honestly they did talk about Namor but its nothing I didn't know before, most of the podcast was about them trying to decide if Namor was justified in past actions and his connection to the x-men/mutants.

Okay, THIS is why I'm happy Namor is entering the MCU. David Talaski, beefcake comic book cover artist is 'working on something.'

https://twitter.com/DavidTalaski/sta...xayWEhXa_NP00A

Yesssss! Now if we can only get some of the other amazing cover artists to do Namor covers. I'm looking you at D.N.A., John Tyler Christopher, and Russell Dauterman.
    I would love to see Dauterman's all outfit cover for Namor! This is wonderful art btw.

Spending too much time looking at merchandise, and I noticed this on the Lego throne room set. Look at the back of the throne. There's a drawer and it's got what looks like ... jewels?

Do you think those are just Lego toys, or are they Atlantean treasures that will show up in the movie?
    Maybe there will be a panning shot or something of a treasure room? I'm so excited to see this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Jason Aaron threw Namor out the window. Destroyed Atlantis and removed the crown, Namor killed one of his closest friends. It's just awful.
    Aaron is the WORST writer to happen to Namor ever, the podcast I listened to talked about how Namor killed a shark and all that b.s. Aaron wrote about Namor lying to his mother and being all "its the last tear I ever shed" its so stupid and I am hoping Aaron leaving the Avengers means someone else has a chance to salvage Namor, you know I would rather Namor not be on the Avengers at all.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ugh. That guy is just poison when he writes the MU. He used to be pretty good years ago but this has to be the worst run of the Avengers.

Well, he keeps threatening us with actually writing a book / arc that Namor is the subject of (Atlantean Trials,) instead of using him as a whipping boy to make his favorites look good. But he's been doing that since 2017 in Thor - I think Namor was originally supposed to be one of the Prehistoric Avengers, which never happened -- so maybe we'll continue to dodge that bullet.

The guy doesn't even know the origin of the character, which has been the same for over 80 years! I think Stingray is still alive, but that whole thing was trash. Again, Aaron just doesn't appear to know Namor's history, doesn't understand or know about his loooong relationships with Stingray, his wife Diane Arliss Newell, and Tigershark.

Aaron is the WORST writer to happen to Namor ever, the podcast I listened to talked about how Namor killed a shark and all that b.s. Aaron wrote about Namor lying to his mother and being all "its the last tear I ever shed" its so stupid and I am hoping Aaron leaving the Avengers means someone else has a chance to salvage Namor, you know I would rather Namor not be on the Avengers at all.
    Hmmmm. I'll have to think on that, but you may be right about Aaron being the WORST writer of Namor. I mean, WHY would Fen threaten to send Namor to live with his Dad -- who is DEAD??? And Namor's cried plenty of other times. And lets not even get into Namor beating up a poor shark. I don't mind Namor on the Avengers, but not if the ONLY reason he is there is for other characters and Aaron to abuse. I mean that nonsense from Steve Rogers... unbelievable. I wanted to punch him, so I don't know how Namor didn't do so. Plus, it looks like Black Panther is coming back, and Aaron writes BP as able to do everything, so I don't know why we need any of the team, much less Namor. I'm definitely at the point that I rather just NOT have Namor on the Aaron's Avengers, even if it means we don't see him at all.

The only way to 'salvage' Namor is to give him his own book, and I'm hoping his entry in the MCU means editorial will do so, but IF the only place we are going to see Namor is on a team, I'd rather see him on Gillen's X team. At least Gillen likes Namor, and even if I don't agree with everything he does with him, his Namor will be amusing.

Ugh. That guy is just poison when he writes the MU. He used to be pretty good years ago but this has to be the worst run of the Avengers.
    That's the frustrating part. Aaron IS a good writer. I just don't know what happened with his Avengers. It's a car wreck that derailed a train into a nuclear power plant. What a hot mess.

I listened to it and honestly they did talk about Namor but its nothing I didn't know before, most of the podcast was about them trying to decide if Namor was justified in past actions and his connection to the x-men/mutants.
    There's quite a bit about Namor's personality and motivations, and some I agree with and some I am just left wondering WHAT did they read??? It's telling, to me, that while they mention that Namor is a child of two worlds, not a single one of then talks about how that relates to his personality or motivations.

I would love to see Dauterman's all outfit cover for Namor! This is wonderful art btw.
    Sadly, I think that Things to Come is the only Dauterman Namor that been done. I desperately wanted him to do the Hellfire Gala design, and you know what we got there. sigh. But YES! Him doing one of his multiple costume covers would be amazing!

Maybe there will be a panning shot or something of a treasure room? I'm so excited to see this world.
    I'm wondering if whatever is under the throne (jewels?) is what is causing the problem with Wakanda and rest of the world? If we hadn't had Endgame, I'd have said Infinity Gems. ;p

I mean if they are sticking to the "there was Vibranium near Atlantis" story then it could be that is what is the connecting point, maybe? idk, I'm just speculating. I was never fond of the "found vibranium in the south pole" storyline bc I dont think Namor should be connected to that, but it does make for an interesting story.

edit: i mean instead of the jewels being gems maybe its got hidden vibranium or something