Page 99 of 238 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3557
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Sadly, I think that Things to Come is the only Dauterman Namor that been done. I desperately wanted him to do the Hellfire Gala design, and you know what we got there. sigh. But YES! Him doing one of his multiple costume covers would be amazing!
    War of Realms (2019) #3 was another time!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Oh yes! How could I forget THAT gorgeous art. I think I used it for an avatar for a while.

It just makes me weep that we can't get more Dauterman Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL! You knew the Toot panel was coming. Excellent!

This one is my favorite, though. Captures Namor attitude.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I mean if they are sticking to the "there was Vibranium near Atlantis" story then it could be that is what is the connecting point, maybe? idk, I'm just speculating. I was never fond of the "found vibranium in the south pole" storyline bc I dont think Namor should be connected to that, but it does make for an interesting story.

edit: i mean instead of the jewels being gems maybe its got hidden vibranium or something
    I don't think Vibranium comes in colors? At least I hope not. I mean, can you say Kryptonite?

Well, originally, Namor and Atlantis were NOT connected to Vibranium, and it is was only tangentially connected later, as a reason for Captain MacKenzie's expedition -- which means they were looking for the Savage Land? That's where there is Vibranium. There is NOT any Vibranium in Polar Atlantis, or original Atlantis IIRC.

Of course, in the movie, it could be different. Though, I do have to wonder why Wakanda is so happy with Riri, if she's running around trying to find other sources of Vibranium for the world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

So, there's an interesting Easter Egg theory from Hawkeye:

https://twitter.com/LiamTCrowley/sta...iKZPmUdz59L_mA

Reported and explained at Comicbook.com

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/av...-4-mcu-series/

As is often the case with numbers in comic book projects, these digits are far from random. 268 corresponds to Avengers #268, a June 1986 issue that kicks off a storyline called "The Kang Dynasty." Within that specific issue, the Avengers are made up of Namor the Sub-Mariner, Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel, Steve Rogers's Captain America, Black Knight, Janet Van Dyne's Wasp, and Hercules. Interestingly enough, all six of those specific characters will have been introduced into the MCU by the end of this year.
    Do you think Namor COULD have a role in the Kang Dynasty movie?

Thanks Rev!

Also here is a link to The Trial of Namor where a podcast is talking all about Namor, I'm listening to it now.
    Okay, I've only listened to half of it and I feel a very LONG reply coming on. I don't think they get Namor. I mean, for god's sake, they are quoting Aaron like THAT is supposed to represent Namor??? GTFO.

On the plus side, they ARE discussing things, as opposed to someone just spreading their opinionated misinformation.
    I've listen to all of this now, and while I applaud the breadth they chose to tackle, it was superficial and left important details out, especially in the trial portion of the podcast. But it is interesting to see how a non-fan views things, and they appear to have had fun, and it was NOT the typical stuff we see all too much of now. It's also has inspired some ideas and questions for me. Am going to give it a closer listen and dissect it a bit, as some of this is the stuff we see from Namor's detractors.

The biggest fault of this podcast, IMO, is still allowing any time for Aaron's horrible take on Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm behind in the news but don't tell me Jason Aaron will be writing about Namor in his Avengers series, which I avoid like the plague.
    His Aquaman isn't all that bad. He is currently the best Black Panther writer at Marvel as well. I have come around on some of his work and I can't decide if he is getting better or everyone at Marvel has gotten worse.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-04-2022 at 11:51 PM. Reason: He writes a great Black Panther
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    His Aquaman isn't all that bad. He is currently the best Black Panther writer at Marvel as well. I have come around on some of his work and I can't decide if he is getting better or everyone at Marvel has gotten worse.
    I haven't seen Jason Aaron's Aquaman ... when did he write that? He's been exclusive to Marvel forever.

Then he should write a BP book, instead of an Avengers book.

I've said this repeatedly. Aaron is a good writer who has done quality work. Avengers, and his Namor, however, are horrible.

That's the frustrating part. Aaron IS a good writer. I just don't know what happened with his Avengers. It's a car wreck that derailed a train into a nuclear power plant. What a hot mess.
    I think the problem is that Aaron is similar to Bendis in the sense that he does what he wants, and Marvel lets him do what he wants, and that can be a good thing, and a really bad thing.

There are plenty of writers who can do really good stuff, but need a proper editor to smack them on the back of their head and tell them "no" once in a while, to prevent something bad from being made, maybe Aaron is one of those lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think the problem is that Aaron is similar to Bendis in the sense that he does what he wants, and Marvel lets him do what he wants, and that can be a good thing, and a really bad thing.

There are plenty of writers who can do really good stuff, but need a proper editor to smack them on the back of their head and tell them "no" once in a while, to prevent something bad from being made, maybe Aaron is one of those lol.

Hmmm. That could be. He's certainly indulging himself with this Avengers run. I also think editorial has told him there has to be certain characters on the team, and he has no interest in writing them. I mean, look at Captain Marvel. She might as well be a doorstop for all that he's given her to do. At least he's not trashing her, though, like he is Namor.

I think that points out that he's better with solo books than with team books and more serious stuff than 'fun' stuff. There's a lot of people that love his Punisher run right now.

I've listen to all of this now, and while I applaud the breadth they chose to tackle, it was superficial and left important details out, especially in the trial portion of the podcast. But it is interesting to see how a non-fan views things, and they appear to have had fun, and it was NOT the typical stuff we see all too much of now. It's also has inspired some ideas and questions for me. Am going to give it a closer listen and dissect it a bit, as some of this is the stuff we see from Namor's detractors.

The biggest fault of this podcast, IMO, is still allowing any time for Aaron's horrible take on Namor.
    Same, Aaron's Namor should never be spoken about, and I know others might like Aaron but imo I think he is a terrible writer, nothing he's done is anything I've actually enjoyed. He had a good idea with Jane as Thor but thats about all.

This lovely pin up by David Talaski will be available for print soon!

Hmmm. That could be. He's certainly indulging himself with this Avengers run. I also think editorial has told him there has to be certain characters on the team, and he has no interest in writing them. I mean, look at Captain Marvel. She might as well be a doorstop for all that he's given her to do. At least he's not trashing her, though, like he is Namor.
    I hear he made Carol not regret the Civil War II nonsense and be a bitch to Stark, when in her own comic she does regret it, though maybe it stopped, it's still a really weird way to miss her characterization, specially since in Civil War II itself she looked regretful about it.

It's also worth pointing out that him liking a character doesn't mean it's a good thing too, he clearly likes Phoenix, and that doesn't make Phoenix or Thor fans happy, since he doesn't get Phoenix and tries to shove her in places where it doesn't work.

Dunno what he's doing with Namor though, I only checked random issues and got bored, and I don't even remember what happened in 'em, even if I don't keep in mind how much he's screwing up a bunch of characters, by itself his Avengers run just makes me think "whatever".

I think that points out that he's better with solo books than with team books and more serious stuff than 'fun' stuff. There's a lot of people that love his Punisher run right now.
    From what I hear, his Thor run was also fun when he wasn't actively shitting on Thor or Odin, so yeah, maybe he's better in solo stuff, though, he seems to be having fun with Avengers lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

My reaction:

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)