Page 71 of 318 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4761
  1. #1051
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    4,015
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  2. #1052
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    14,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It's cool but dang, they don't put Luke Cage on nothing anymore!

  3. #1053
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sorry, no. I learned that lesson too many times. It NEVER gets better in a later issue.
    He gave it at 8 that's means other reviewers will probably give it an 8 or higher..

  4. #1054
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP #3 Review

    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/bl...er-3-review-2/


    note: robreed used to post in here a bunch back in the day
    I'm going to be that guy.

    "Yeah, the Mutants did a nice job with it" doesn't really sound like something T'Challa would say. At least in those words.

  5. #1055
    Be Seeing YouÖ DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    He gave it at 8 that's means other reviewers will probably give it an 8 or higher..
    Coates averaged about that...

  6. #1056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This seems like it would be a pretty big reveal to announce so casually so I still take this with a grain of salt. However, IF this is true than holy isht are they frakking dumb. That makes Zero sense for multiple reasons. Him and Nakia got together at the end of BP, and it would be pretty weird for them to get married and have a kid all in the span of 2 years (time between BP and IW) when we saw at the end of the movie T'Challa figuring out how Nakia could stay in close to Wakanda while still helping the outside world. Plus the kid would just be a kid and that is just narratively dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well they wrote themselves into this corner by taking only minutes to decide what TíChallas fate should be. But remember, this is the same studio that decided to completely change Hulks story in AOU while filming based on a rumor on Reddit. So if it is true hopefully theyíll scrap it in post production, and leave room for a variant to come in later on.
    TBF it depends on how integral the child is to the story and to whats going on in the future.

    This is why they should have halted the movie for a year. Once they decided to not recast it led to this.

    I believe its true because Coogler has talked about being a father has impacted him. Just odd to remove said father.

  7. #1057
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    14,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Coates averaged about that...
    Not in this thread . And when robreedwrites posted in the BP thread, he was pretty fair and balanced in his reviews.

  8. #1058
    Be Seeing YouÖ DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not in this thread . And when robreedwrites posted in the BP thread, he was pretty fair and balanced in his reviews.
    Oh, I'm sure he was. I've been a fan since his old Dial H for Heroes blog.

    But it's possible to tell a well-crafted story that's still bad for the character...

  9. #1059
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This seems like it would be a pretty big reveal to announce so casually so I still take this with a grain of salt. However, IF this is true than holy isht are they frakking dumb. That makes Zero sense for multiple reasons. Him and Nakia got together at the end of BP, and it would be pretty weird for them to get married and have a kid all in the span of 2 years (time between BP and IW) when we saw at the end of the movie T'Challa figuring out how Nakia could stay in close to Wakanda while still helping the outside world. Plus the kid would just be a kid and that is just narratively dumb.
    Nakia is now a single baby momma and T'Challa's son is a bastard. Who wouldn't pay to see that! WakandaForever!

  10. #1060
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to be that guy.

    "Yeah, the Mutants did a nice job with it" doesn't really sound like something T'Challa would say. At least in those words.
    His verbiage for T'Challa had been absolutely horrible. It really needs to change ASAP

  11. #1061
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    TBF it depends on how integral the child is to the story and to whats going on in the future.

    This is why they should have halted the movie for a year. Once they decided to not recast it led to this.

    I believe its true because Coogler has talked about being a father has impacted him. Just odd to remove said father.
    Don't worry. I'm sure Michael B Jordan will come back and be the father figure T'Challa never could be

  12. #1062
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    14,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Oh, I'm sure he was. I've been a fan since his old Dial H for Heroes blog.

    But it's possible to tell a well-crafted story that's still bad for the character...
    I won't argue that.

    I still say that BP is moving forward and away from Coates' mess.

  13. #1063
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    14,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    His verbiage for T'Challa had been absolutely horrible. It really needs to change ASAP
    I know we love Hudlin but have y'all forgot this?




    Or this?




    Sounds straight out of Kung-Fu theater.

    But we love him tho'.

  14. #1064
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's cool but dang, they don't put Luke Cage on nothing anymore!
    Yeah man, Funny how they snatch his book back ala BP during that Empyre arc so we never get to see an opportunity for him to shine. Now they don't even bother when time to pander to the minorities!! Honorable mention, when is Marvel going to address that they have completely slumped Blue Marvel...?

  15. #1065
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know we love Hudlin but have y'all forgot this?




    Or this?




    Sounds straight out of Kung-Fu theater.

    But we love him tho'.
    Hudlin had notoriously bad dialog with great ideas lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •