Page 312 of 427 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 6392
  1. #4666
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Something that often gets overlooked is that T'Challa is (was) one of the very few examples in science fiction and fantasy that was not toxic. He fell into the noble negro role a bit, but is (was, thanks avx and coates) a very positive eexample for young boys. Most other black heroes co.e with some kind of negative baggage. You would think Coogler and Moore would have recognized that or have had it pointed out to them. Chadwick saw it.
    Chadwick was ahead of his time, Remember he was the one who pushed for Wakandans to have African accents and not British ones, he knew how important T'Challa was to Young kids that he turned down deals that could hurt that image of T'Challa. He was 100% T'Challas point man, and now that he passed look how quickly things fall apart for T'Challa and what they are going to do in the name of honoring Chad. Seems like he was the only one at Marvel who actually cared about T'Challa

  2. #4667
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Chadwick was ahead of his time, Remember he was the one who pushed for Wakandans to have African accents and not British ones, he knew how important T'Challa was to Young kids that he turned down deals that could hurt that image of T'Challa. He was 100% T'Challas point man, and now that he passed look how quickly things fall apart for T'Challa and what they are going to do in the name of honoring Chad. Seems like he was the only one at Marvel who actually cared about T'Challa
    We also had Redjack, but unfortunately Marvel told him FOH because he didn’t give in to Feiges marching orders that he gave to other writers like Ridley and Narcisse.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  3. #4668
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wow. Yeah, Hunter was like, suuuper pro Wakandan, straight up nationalist. And he is saying Sam would make a better leader of the uncolonized nation of Wakanda? This Tochi fellow continues to showcase his complete ignorance of the BP franchise.

    I'll add, there is straight up a hot job out there to try and deface T'Challa. There's an article out there about T'Challa stepping down as chairman and how it's for the best because he is borderline a dictator and all this other isht.. they are going HARD on trying to tear him down. I'm sure this is all in the name of honoring Chad.
    Agreed and co-signed.

    Please share the link to that article.

  4. #4669
    Invincible Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's a pretty common trope in stories and isn't unique to Coogler. Hell, it applies a large number of Marvel characters.
    I think the thing is some people are expecting him to be better (for some reason).

    Just because the dude is black doesn't mean he isn't hollywood lol

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With the lack of T'Challa content this month I began rereading the WitBP novel and there was a line that had me laughing about Shuri not being as smart as T'Challa and how she can't grasp complex scientific concepts like he can. Widely different from her current portrayal. Today Shuri would be lecturing T'Challa on science, tech, etc.
    Shuri pre MCU is simply not the same character as MCU shuri and post MCU comic shuri.

    Anyone pretending they are are just in denial that their favorite character got turned into Wakandan RiRi.

    It is ok to like both but they simply aren't the same characters.

    Frankly, comic shuri was a shittily created character which is why they changed her completely for the MCU. She has no role, she has nothing to distinguish from T'challa. Under Hudlin's pen, she was inferior female T'challa. Her only defining moment is The Panther God telling her she sucked lol. Hudlin didn't even write T'challa/Shuri having much of a bro/lil sis dynamic.. they came more under Liss in the Kingpin of Wakanda arc and then Hickman gave Shuri more of a personality by being much more traditionalist, angry, rash queen.


    Which is one of the reasons I always laugh at "give the creators their due!!!" because a lot of times.. the creator of the character sucked at writing the character lol.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #4670
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    I have quietly said for many years that if Hudlin had created a cool female character for his daughter as a love interest for T'Challa instead of a sister only about half of the f@#$ery of the last decade or so would have happened. No weather chick with a poorly written breakup, probably no coma, and maybe no farming out of his traits in the MCU. Well, maybe not the last part, because I never thought they would make the movie.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

  6. #4671
    Mighty Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We also had Redjack, but unfortunately Marvel told him FOH because he didnít give in to Feiges marching orders that he gave to other writers like Ridley and Narcisse.

    I seriously donít like Feige. I mean genuine dislike for the guy, if heís also the reason behind the things I dislike about Ridleyís Panther. Feige comes across as arrogant to me. And I disagree with his idea of what Black Panther should be in the MCU.

  7. #4672
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I seriously don’t like Feige. I mean genuine dislike for the guy, if he’s also the reason behind the things I dislike about Ridley’s Panther. Feige comes across as arrogant to me. And I disagree with his idea of what Black Panther should be in the MCU.
    Unfortunately I have come to this point about him as well. If he is gonna make hard dictates for women to be prominent in all movies, then why can he not mandate hard for a Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher and New Warriors, or any other black male heroes that would at least offset the loss of T'Challa ?

  8. #4673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Unfortunately I have come to this point about him as well. If he is gonna make hard dictates for women to be prominent in all movies, then why can he not mandate hard for a Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher and New Warriors, or any other black male heroes that would at least offset the loss of T'Challa ?
    You know why. We all do. Also why I'm now part of the "looking at Feige sideways" crew these days.

  9. #4674
    Mighty Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You know why. We all do. Also why I'm now part of the "looking at Feige sideways" crew these days.

    I’ll join. Can’t stand him at this point.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 05-25-2022 at 10:02 AM.

  10. #4675
    Astonishing Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Unfortunately I have come to this point about him as well. If he is gonna make hard dictates for women to be prominent in all movies, then why can he not mandate hard for a Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher and New Warriors, or any other black male heroes that would at least offset the loss of T'Challa ?
    Making hard dictates for woman isn't a Feige thing so much as it's a Disney thing. Disney gotta' Disney. What I find interesting is that the dictate only goes one way. No one is out there saying "Frozen makes a lot of money, but we can make more if we can attract more males" LOL
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  11. #4676
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We also had Redjack, but unfortunately Marvel told him FOH because he didnít give in to Feiges marching orders that he gave to other writers like Ridley and Narcisse.
    Thatís not fair, Feige didnít get control of the comic division until after Thorne already got passed over. So the blame for him not writing the solo falls to editorial. And by reading his pitch and seeing what we got with Coates I think it has less to do with movie synergy and more to do with focus on worldbuilding.

    Obviously the pitch he posted probably doesnít encompass all his ideas for the run or even the first arc, but it seems he wanted to focus on TíChalla as an adventurer while the editors wanted TíChalla in Wakanda as king. His pitch even describes TíChalla as Marvelís Doc Savage.

    TíChalla had already spent several years abroad working as a member of the New Avengers and before that the hero of Hellís Kitchen, they probably wanted to refocus on TíChallaís core mythos (which like it or not is Wakanda.) Which is frankly something many people wanted after years of Wakanda getting destroyed and TíChalla in self-imposed exile. Not to mention his debut in CW on the way and the fact Ultimates was already set to focus on TíChalla outside of Wakanda. It wouldnít be really until 2018 that Marvel shifted towards putting solo TíChalla on high concept, non-Wakanda stories.

    And of course Coates was by far one of the biggest names to ever get involved with Marvel so he probably wouldíve got the gig no matter what his ideas were. Marvel didnít hire him because they thought he was a fantastic fiction writer, they literally had nothing to go off of. They hired him because his status in the world outside comics lent a certain gravity to TíChalla that no one else can provide save Priest himself. He put eyes on the character in a way no other writer could. Why do you think Ridleyís run is already performing much worse than Coates was by this point?

    I donít think Feige is the big boogeyman some of yíall are making him out to be. Every report up til now has indicated he was the one that wanted to recast but Coogler refused so he dropped the issue and moved forward accordingly. Heís also relatively hands off with the comic division, he has more important things to do. Itís the comic editors chasing the non-existent MCU fans that are to blame, not him or even Coogler.

  12. #4677
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I seriously don’t like Feige. I mean genuine dislike for the guy, if he’s also the reason behind the things I dislike about Ridley’s Panther. Feige comes across as arrogant to me. And I disagree with his idea of what Black Panther should be in the MCU.
    He didn't start off that way but all the success and power has gone to his head. He is and acts like he is a king maker in Hollywood. When you have people telling you that you're a genius and begging to be in your movies you kind of start feeling yourself a little bit. His arrogance will inevitably be the downfall of the amcu as he continues to stray further and further away from the source material while claiming what he does is better

  13. #4678
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    4,270
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  14. #4679
    Mighty Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He didn't start off that way but all the success and power has gone to his head. He is and acts like he is a king maker in Hollywood. When you have people telling you that you're a genius and begging to be in your movies you kind of start feeling yourself a little bit. His arrogance will inevitably be the downfall of the amcu as he continues to stray further and further away from the source material while claiming what he does is better

    That’s it, his ego will be the downfall of the MCU, I agree with that. You can already see things starting to shift a little.

  15. #4680
    Mighty Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Making hard dictates for woman isn't a Feige thing so much as it's a Disney thing. Disney gotta' Disney. What I find interesting is that the dictate only goes one way. No one is out there saying "Frozen makes a lot of money, but we can make more if we can attract more males" LOL

    This is a good point too. But maybe they feel like movies have catered to men for years. I don’t necessarily agree with that, I’m more drawn to your point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •