Page 592 of 955 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    There’s a new rumor going around that Amy Hennig’s new Marvel game is gonna be a Captain America/Black Panther team-up set during World War II against the forces of HYDRA. This doesn’t fit with a lot of what we knew about the game (it was supposed to be an ensemble) but it does fit others (a pulpy adventure with a new take on the Marvel universe.) Lots of people expected Fantastic Four but it’s impossible to say.

Sounds really cool, I’ve always enjoyed the relationship between the Black Panther and Captain America brands. T’Challa and Steve have always been close friends and even though this game likely won’t feature them together I’m excited at the idea of fleshing out Cap’s ties to Azzuri/T’Chaka. Happy to see stuff from the Hudlin era get such a prominent stage as well, he’s really shaping up to be the most influential BP writer. I also hope the Invaders show up, a piece of me is thinking this game is actually just an Invaders project with Cap and BP as the starring characters lol.

The big question mark is what this means for EA’s BP if true. Does this mean they aren’t working on their rumored BP game? Theoretically, there’s nothing stopping Marvel from having two major video games and a film series out with Black Panthers but that sounds unusual for them. If EA’s not doing the game that’d suck tbh. If we’re gonna get a game featuring Azzuri it’d be nice to have a game showcasing T’Challa, especially since he’s out the MCU and deserves continued focus. But then there’s the monkey paw, which is that this Cap game features Azzuri and the EA game still features a non-T’Challa BP lol. With our luck that’s a possibility and that’s truly the worst possible timeline. Best bet though is we get the creator behind Uncharted doing a Steve/Azzuri game while EA delivers a Fallen Order-level project with T’Challa.
    end of spoilers

Since everything regarding potential games are rumor for now but let's say that both are true, all I have to say is that Marvel really hates T'Challa. The first game being not being part of the popular and growing Marvel Insomniac verse and potentially might be killing T'Challa off for either Shuri or an OC BP. Then there's the latest rumor that a 2nd new game won't star T'Challa but spoilers:
    Azzuri in a Flags of our Fathers adaption
    end of spoilers. I don't think I've seen Marvel or any other company try to diminish the importance of one of their heroes like Marvel has with T'Challa. But we'll find out today when the game showcase starts. It really can't be too much to ask that the first BP game actually star T'Challa?
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-09-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    There’s a new rumor going around that Amy Hennig’s new Marvel game is gonna be a Captain America/Black Panther team-up set during World War II against the forces of HYDRA. This doesn’t fit with a lot of what we knew about the game (it was supposed to be an ensemble) but it does fit others (a pulpy adventure with a new take on the Marvel universe.) Lots of people expected Fantastic Four but it’s impossible to say.

Sounds really cool, I’ve always enjoyed the relationship between the Black Panther and Captain America brands. T’Challa and Steve have always been close friends and even though this game likely won’t feature them together I’m excited at the idea of fleshing out Cap’s ties to Azzuri/T’Chaka. Happy to see stuff from the Hudlin era get such a prominent stage as well, he’s really shaping up to be the most influential BP writer. I also hope the Invaders show up, a piece of me is thinking this game is actually just an Invaders project with Cap and BP as the starring characters lol.

The big question mark is what this means for EA’s BP if true. Does this mean they aren’t working on their rumored BP game? Theoretically, there’s nothing stopping Marvel from having two major video games and a film series out with Black Panthers but that sounds unusual for them. If EA’s not doing the game that’d suck tbh. If we’re gonna get a game featuring Azzuri it’d be nice to have a game showcasing T’Challa, especially since he’s out the MCU and deserves continued focus. But then there’s the monkey paw, which is that this Cap game features Azzuri and the EA game still features a non-T’Challa BP lol. With our luck that’s a possibility and that’s truly the worst possible timeline. Best bet though is we get the creator behind Uncharted doing a Steve/Azzuri game while EA delivers a Fallen Order-level project with T’Challa.
    end of spoilers
    I mean, wouldn't that be a b*tch? I don't think they are going to try and get rid of T'Challa. The franchise can't support itself without him

spoilers:
    I'm not 100% against it but I don't need Captain America and Black Panther to share game, especially if the Panther isn't even T'Challa.
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

They are doing all these extra stuff instead of just recasting and then continuing T'Challa's story. Gotta hand it to them they're mining every thing in BP franchise but they will runout soon enough
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So T’Challa is trending on Twitter… because Grace Randolph said that Aldis Hodge’s Hawkman looks like a T’Challa rip off. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

I enjoy the way her thought process seems to drive ppl to react as if she is of any consequence, every time I see her trending someone is reacting what she is saying. I don't know why ppl care so much about what Youtubers say
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So the rumors were true

Yeah looks like Azzuri and Cap. Also looks like his suit will be a mix between MCU T'Chaka & T'Challa plus classic comic T'Challa's cape

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah looks like Azzuri and Cap. Also looks like his suit will be a mix between MCU T'Chaka & T'Challa plus classic comic T'Challa's cape

Won’t lie, I’m intrigued, but this is definitely in line with Marvel’s new philosophy of ousting T’Challa from the center of the franchise. The goal is clearly to establish T’Challa as just a Black Panther and not the Black Panther.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This feels like a Captain America game with a Black Panther aspect tacked on into it.

Because what's the point of playing a Black Panther that's not T'Challa? Unless it's to downplay how important T'Challa is.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Won’t lie, I’m intrigued, but this is definitely in line with Marvel’s new philosophy of ousting T’Challa from the center of the franchise. The goal is clearly to establish T’Challa as just a Black Panther and not the Black Panther.
    I mean this is based on a comic that's several years old and lore that's more than 20 years old. Pretty sure since the Priest days it was established that Captain America had rab into either T'Challa's father or his grandfather. It something I wished the MCU even touched on.

Well, they just confirmed it's Azzuri you will be playing as.