Page 519 of 955 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 14314

From what I've seen in the few places I frequent a good amount of people seem fine with T'Challa being sidelined for, in my opinion, dubious reasons with the main reason seemingly being there isn't a single Black Panther. Okay cool I want to see this same energy when Captain America NWO releases and when Tom decides he's too old to be Spider-Man.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Like I said before the movie will be primarily reviewed by how well they "honor" Chad. Then it will be nothing but praise for the female characters at the forefront and how they handle the representation that Namor and his people provide. I can see only a small number actually reviewing the movie on its actual quality. Any criticism will be drowned out by claims of misogyny and racism just like the the sequel star wars trilogy as well as using the "honoring Chadwick" excuse.

Shuri taking the throne and the reliance on her for tech/science were my only gripes with WFW. If we truly are getting a game I'd hope the developers go the griot route for her.
    Yeah it will basically be critic proof, however, the real teller will be after the first couple weeks what people think and if it continues to have legs, which I have my doubts about. Because people generally don't like to watch funerals or depressioisht multiple times.

As for the game. Yeah I doubt they woll go griot. Wiz kid Shuri is too popular. I just need T'Challa to have more actual cutscenes of his super genius in effect when he is talking to her

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Re: BP 2, I’m just tired of the commodification of misery. I see a lot of this nonsense nowadays in modern filmmaking.

I understand that that Coogler and the other people working on the movie feel the way they do and we are all sad. But as others have mentioned multiple times in this thread, the issues here (for some us at least) run deep as it relates to the positive depiction of black men in media and this constant push to connect “blackness with sorrow”. It’s one of the reasons that I completely rejected Coates and now Ridley’s BP.

It’s also part of the reason I am not and will never watch that Emmett Till movie coming out in the fall. I know other people might not feel like this but that’s just my take.
    My wife watched the Emmett till show that was on Hulu a while back and I REFUSED to watch it. She asked why and I told her I don't want to watch something that's going to make me seething with anger. Roots, twelve years a slave, boys in the hood. I understand the importance of those movies or trying to highlight how things can be in inner-city communities. However, when that's ALL we get when it comes to mostly black led films, or Tyler Perry. It's gets old. Fast. And I don't got time to be watching a movie and being angry or frustrated the entire time at how Black folks are treated

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We need to show people our success and we are just like them, not try to show our pain and anger other black folks every time we get a chance. It's like they want us to live in shame or something. Skip me on that.
    When we try to show our success who is the FIRST in line to nitpick it apart???

Black excellence gets PICKED apart. WE look for any and all flaws.

It's not here is a Static movie starring Virgil Hawkins. It's why is this movie NOT about his sister or Daisy. Why does he have a FATHER?
    It's not here is a movie about 4 black boys who win a National Chess tournament. It's why are they NOT girls?
    It's not here is a movie about a black woman who saves the world by curing Covid. It's why is she LIGHT or DARK skinned?

It's always about the LITTLE things and not the big picture.

Yet let me go get the Tyler Perry Empire-yall READY to fight anyone over his stuff.
    A show or movie that attacks EVERY cop or educator...
    A show about hood rat mother and her litter of kids that she gets back with after being in jail
    ALL reality shows.
    This stuff gets defended.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That Lego set is a HUGE spoiler.

Look at how Shuri is DRESSED.
    Looks like a version of her regular battle outfit, not a Panther suit.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-26-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or why not just an extra 10 minutes at the end of the movie to actually honor the actor or something. Who is going to a movie just to go to a wake. I mean are they expecting people to wear their sunday's finest rather than the african robes and stuff people were adorning before. Talk about whip lash. From black pride and excellence to morning only one actor could apparently bring it. It just doesn't hit a single logical point in my mind. But hey, maybe it will work for some people.
    I suppose however, when people are saying it's for them to heal, to me it's like "Did you know Chad personally though?" Like. How is this helping you say goodbye 2 years later? To each their own but at the very least the cast in crew makes somewhat more sense, but 2 years is a long time.

I lost my dad last Year to a heart attack, completely random. I known that man for 26 years, he stepped into the role as my dad and I love him forever for that, not a Day goes by that I don't think about him. But I can talk about him to people without tearing up, my Mom and I talk about him and she was married to him for 25 years and we aren't breaking down about it.

I know people grieve Differently, and maybe I'm being cynical, but Chad didn't pass last week or a couple months ago. I blame marvel, but I feel like it's becoming less about the importance of suche a character and how Chad knew this and knew through T'Challa, we could get some really positive changes (we already saw that some when BP dropped) and we are getting stuck. And nobody is talking or asking how Chad's family is feeling about this because they are the ones affected the most. It's like people forgot about them and focusing on how his friends feel

I dunno like I said maybe I'm just being a cynic

All I know is that this butchery would never be allowed to happen to another franchise.

So, until there is a significant change I think I'm done with this foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Possible? Oh yes. I'd even say probable.

There was a time, not THAT long ago, when some of the best-selling comics were in other genres, like war, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, or Western.

But around the time of the rise of the direct market, almost all those books were dropped by the Big Two, and everything became about superheroes fighting supervillains.

And we're STILL stuck in that rut… at least when heroes aren't fighting each other.
    You forgot comedy and romance. Patsy Walker was originally a slice of life character - basically a female Archie. Of course, they retooled her as a superhero...

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Actually, while we were making BPQ, MARVEL went round around about making it the first season of its own show instead of the last season of ASSEMBLE with a new subtitle.

I don't know for sure but my guess is, if they'd made it a new show of its own, they'd have had to pay everyone involved a LOT more than what you pay on a latter season of an existing show. NEW show = bigger money.

Like I said, I don't know that's what decided it, but I'd be willing to bet it was.
    Well that explains why half the cast from Avengers Secret Wars was jettisoned, if this wasn't even meant to be the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I was totally ok with Riri being a cameo. I know they bumped up her role once T'Challa was removed.

However, for a film with so much ground to cover its absurd that RIRI is so important in a Wakanda story. Why deviate so far from what people found most interesting?
    To be fair, Riri's solo book by Eve Ewing did involve Wakanda in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I never thought T'Challa will have only 1 movie followed by the supporting cast and non BP characters starring in more movies than him. I can't even say I'm a BP fan anymore since there isn't any good BP content to enjoy. It's only a matter of time until the comics temporarily kill or sideline him. They might even pull a flash and have Shuri or one of the other cast members say "No T'Challa you're not the Black Panther. We're the Black Panther."

I'm expecting some variation of that line in the movie since it sounds like everyone and their mother will have their own BP suit, plus it'll drive home the narrative that they're forcing on us that the mantle and everything/one else is more important than T'Challa.

At least I still have Moon Knight comics to enjoy.
    BP isn't the only one. Sam Wilson's been in all of the Captain America content except First Avenger, and therefore because of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier show has had more screentime than Steve. And obviously, so has Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Man I hope Chadwick’s widow and the rest of his family put Marvel on blast if T’Challa dies of an illness.
    Yeah, if they must kill him off, at least let it be in battle. spoilers:
    We literally JUST had a hero die of cancer (Jane Foster in Thor Love and Thunder).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does Black Widow actually have enhancements? I remember it stated she ages slower and has a stronger than normal immune system, but other than that seems to be human in terms of strength, speed and agility.
    Weaker version of Captain America's powers. However she only has it because otherwise she could no longer be from the Soviet Union due to the sliding timescale - they had to give her the eternal youth from Steve's powerset. Until the 90s, she was just a normal human.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not here is a Static movie starring Virgil Hawkins. It's why is this movie NOT about his sister or Daisy. Why does he have a FATHER?
    It's not here is a movie about 4 black boys who win a National Chess tournament. It's why are they NOT girls?
    It's not here is a movie about a black woman who saves the world by curing Covid. It's why is she LIGHT or DARK skinned?

Yet let me go get the Tyler Perry Empire-yall READY to fight anyone over his stuff.
    A show about hood rat mother and her litter of kids that she gets back with after being in jail
    ALL reality shows.
    I just used the word black excellence to talk about our ups as a people not a specific way it should be potrayed. There have been white slaves in history but i don't see any white people rushing to tell movies on white slavery across the globe all the time.

The rest of that stuff is honestly foreign to me but from what i see all colors go through the same thing. Why is it okay for a asian person to complain about what they would prefer to get from an asian in an predominantly asian movie or white people to do so but what? i'm suppose to sit on my hands and be okay with something lest no more be made. While i'm not going to scream about it i'm certainly not going to see something i have no interest in ONLY because it has all black people or something.

And honestly i don't care about Tyler Perry, Beyonce, and like 75 percent of that other stuff that i guess is suppose to be important so my definition is far different from what your describing i think. I mean white people defend those things in their shows too but it's like because we have little we have to support everything to get more. Not me. if i don't like it i don't like it. If i do i do. Alls that to i guess say like everybody else we all different. But like every other time we harder on ourselves and got no studios to protect us from "backlash" so the fans got to do it themselves i guess, or feel they do. I dunno, again most of this is foreign to me in that i've seen it and know of it, but everybody does it so it's like okay. That is actually equality.

The ,main problem i think is that seems to be the content creators are content with making and apparently the people are willing to accept. Instead of looking for more spaces they just want to move around the chairs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I suppose however, when people are saying it's for them to heal, to me it's like "Did you know Chad personally though?" Like. How is this helping you say goodbye 2 years later? To each their own but at the very least the cast in crew makes somewhat more sense, but 2 years is a long time.

I lost my dad last Year to a heart attack, completely random. I known that man for 26 years, he stepped into the role as my dad and I love him forever for that, not a Day goes by that I don't think about him. But I can talk about him to people without tearing up, my Mom and I talk about him and she was married to him for 25 years and we aren't breaking down about it.

I know people grieve Differently, and maybe I'm being cynical, but Chad didn't pass last week or a couple months ago. I blame marvel, but I feel like it's becoming less about the importance of suche a character and how Chad knew this and knew through T'Challa, we could get some really positive changes (we already saw that some when BP dropped) and we are getting stuck. And nobody is talking or asking how Chad's family is feeling about this because they are the ones affected the most. It's like people forgot about them and focusing on how his friends feel

I dunno like I said maybe I'm just being a cynic
    I agree. I've also wondered about the feelings of his family. From the outside looking in, it looks like Marvel has somehow copyrighted his legacy, which is odd. They now are acting in very much the same way as the wider American culture does, when it speaks on Martin Luther King, regardless of his families personal feelings. Of course, it all falls apart, if those that they have pinned this "don't recast" story on, start telling the truth. I for one, do not believe that a film director, on set. Can force a huge change to the main character from a billion dollar franchise. I do not believe he would ever be allowed to supersede the CEO or the shareholders. The decision to not recast was made very high up the food chain, after furious calls from political parties and think tanks, and the weight of it rest quite timidly on the shoulders of Ryan Coogler and Nate Moore... How long do you think that will last.
    Last edited by TheCat; 07-26-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

John Campea just ranted how stupid it is to make this version of Shuri the Black Panther. Said that it killed all the hype he had for the trailer yesterday. How T'Challa was born and trained to be King and Black Panther all of his love. Making this version of Shuri the Black Panther makes it seem like any Wakandan could be Black Panther.

Then the Anti SJW Ryan Kinel has nearly 70K views in one day by pointing out how people found the handling of Boseman used in marketing troubling.

I like Campea. I dislike Ryan Kinel (not personally as I dont know him. Just the negativity he promotes)

This is why black media disappointments me. These two guys have done more in terms of recast TChalla then other black outlets (outside of Emans of course). Black people just seem so happy about the film they ignore the potential damage being done. Both short term and long term. No one seems to buy Shuri (they've broken enough Wakandan tradition. Just give Nakia the BP herb) in that kind of role and long term no T'Challa hurts other platforms.

Van Lathan spoke nothing but facts on how we all feel (Well some of us).

https://twitter.com/EmansReviews/sta...13898018168832

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    John Campea just ranted how stupid it is to make this version of Shuri the Black Panther. Said that it killed all the hype he had for the trailer yesterday. How T'Challa was born and trained to be King and Black Panther all of his love. Making this version of Shuri the Black Panther makes it seem like any Wakandan could be Black Panther.

Then the Anti SJW Ryan Kinel has nearly 70K views in one day by pointing out how people found the handling of Boseman used in marketing troubling.

I like Campea. I dislike Ryan Kinel (not personally as I dont know him. Just the negativity he promotes)

This is why black media disappointments me. These two guys have done more in terms of recast TChalla then other black outlets (outside of Emans of course). Black people just seem so happy about the film they ignore the potential damage being done. Both short term and long term. No one seems to buy Shuri (they've broken enough Wakandan tradition. Just give Nakia the BP herb) in that kind of role and long term no T'Challa hurts other platforms.
    They don't matter People are excited about this Film and let them be.Ryan kinel is a racist bigot who also hates women..

The same people complaining about Shuri especially the incels
    Called Black Panther a social justice warrior film, called it a Black lives matters film and overrated
    Last edited by Dariel81; 07-26-2022 at 01:38 PM.

ALL reality shows.
    And maybe this shows how simple i can be sometimes i don't know or an overthinker but how many white actors or actors of other races have been or have had to been seen in shackles before their careers have taken off. i don't know for me it feels like if a certain segment of the audience the ones people want to change will always see the actor that way than the battle is already half loss. There's stories are important to tell but i wish people fought harder to get it where it belongs in the schools, teaching real history than on a screen where some just like to look at the images.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Van Lathan spoke nothing but facts on how we all feel (Well some of us).

https://twitter.com/EmansReviews/sta...13898018168832
    I don't agree with Van Lathan much but this was epic.