Page 684 of 955 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734784 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 14314

They spoke in terms of minutes not weeks according to 2021 Nate Moore.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know this comes to mind, in these recent revolutions........ who are the people rebelling against?

Like what group is keeping down the people? Is it an oligarchy, nobility, capitalists, the military? Hell even now T'Challa's not even king anymore so who were the people rebelling against, the War Dogs? Like they are the Wakandan special elite so they are just one branch of the overall military and like any military they are smaller in number than the actual numbers. Its like if the marines and just the marines tried to start a coup with the help from the rest of the military.

Its reminds me of Superman: Son of Kal-El where Jon and his group set out to free the island Gamora from the dictator Bendix and once they get there no one defends Bendix. The scientists allow the shields to drop, the military eventually gives up once they realize he's defeated, so who was on his side? Who was benefitting from him being in charge to help keep him in charge cause from the looks of it literally everyone in the country hates him which begs the question how he rose to power in the first place.

Which repeats the question, what is wrong with the country exactly? Like going by A Nation Under Our Feet, it was abusive generals so okay the military. Are they still a problem now, is anyone doing anything about the abusive practices in the army? Is Wakanda at risk of a military dictatorship?

924E93A2-2600-4A4A-9CF2-DE55345C89B3.jpg

But recasting would be disrespectful right?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Sadly young boys can only look up to M'Baku?? at best.

Heroic Hollywood
    @heroichollywood
    A young boy's reaction to seeing actor Aldis Hodge, playing Hawkman. �� #BlackAdam

He's not going to mess up his bag (potentially more DC films) on a hope and dream + Nate's goofy comments. So he's not going to say it publicly. But trust he wants the T'Challa role. He wanted it years ago and he wanted it recently. Remember when yall suggested him I was sorta meh on it at first. However, once discovering how he really wanted to carry it on I became a fan.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-18-2022 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Heroic Hollywood
    @heroichollywood
    A young boy's reaction to seeing actor Aldis Hodge, playing Hawkman. �� #BlackAdam

He's not going to mess up his bag (potentially more DC films) on a hope and dream + Nate's goofy comments. So he's not going to say it publicly. But trust he wants the T'Challa role. He wanted it years ago and he wanted it recently. Remember when yall suggested him I was sorta meh on it at first. However, once discovering how he really wanted to carry it on I became a fan.
    Aldis was my number one pick for a recast before DC locked him down. But if he somehow decides dc ain’t it and Marvel stops being stupid I hope he picks up the torch.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Heroic Hollywood
    @heroichollywood

People don't care about black boys, they will counter with "yOu hAvE SaM wIlSoN aNd BlAdE fOr bLaCk BoYs. wHo dO gIrLs hAvE?" While if ignoring the obvious answer

Aldis would be Stellar, I'm still team Sope or Y'lan since they are both free and would be down. Especially Y'lan

Yeah, I don't think they're really thought about the fact that M'Baku is, like, the only prominent (positive) black male left in the movie.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Seeing people go crazy over the Creed 3 trailer. Say what you will but seeing CHADWICK BOSEMAN vs MICHAEL B JORDAN is what helped create hype for Black Panther.

People can talk about what they didnt like or how a character was used. However, seeing two actors go at it in a Marvel production just generates hype.

Now they've done a great job, at least visually, with what they've done with Namor. Could you imagine if they Aldis Hodge or Yahya was playing T'Challa just how much hype that would add? You could argue its not even the actors just having T'Challa vs Namor generates hype by itself.

The irony is Nate Moore and crew are still having their cake and eat it too. Generate hype by introducing Namor and then using T'Challa's death as a big selling point.

Still it'd be a much bigger deal if they just kept the character alive, smh

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they're really thought about the fact that M'Baku is, like, the only prominent (positive) black male left in the movie.
    I think they know, and just don't care. T'Challa is gone W'Kabi is forever in prison, Zuri is dead. Yet they added Aneka, and Riri to the movie after the male cast was decimated. They very much know

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think they know, and just don't care. T'Challa is gone W'Kabi is forever in prison, Zuri is dead. Yet they added Aneka, and Riri to the movie after the male cast was decimated. They very much know
    They think it's a selling point

New rumor:

Rumors are flying and I can add to them: I've been hearing for weeks that Rihanna is recording the end-credits song for BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER. How do you follow up a classic like "All the Stars"? By snagging Rihanna's first big song in years.
    https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/sta...41589966176256

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ya know this comes to mind, in these recent revolutions........ who are the people rebelling against?

Like what group is keeping down the people? Is it an oligarchy, nobility, capitalists, the military? Hell even now T'Challa's not even king anymore so who were the people rebelling against, the War Dogs? Like they are the Wakandan special elite so they are just one branch of the overall military and like any military they are smaller in number than the actual numbers. Its like if the marines and just the marines tried to start a coup with the help from the rest of the military.

Its reminds me of Superman: Son of Kal-El where Jon and his group set out to free the island Gamora from the dictator Bendix and once they get there no one defends Bendix. The scientists allow the shields to drop, the military eventually gives up once they realize he's defeated, so who was on his side? Who was benefitting from him being in charge to help keep him in charge cause from the looks of it literally everyone in the country hates him which begs the question how he rose to power in the first place.

Which repeats the question, what is wrong with the country exactly? Like going by A Nation Under Our Feet, it was abusive generals so okay the military. Are they still a problem now, is anyone doing anything about the abusive practices in the army? Is Wakanda at risk of a military dictatorship?
    You cannot make sense out of something that was senseless from the very beginning.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Speaking of T'challa's younger fanbase, you think there will be a Transformers: The Movie (1986) Death of Optimus Prime backlash from the kids in the theatres?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he was like the 5th most important male from the 1st movie who dresses like a gorilla and calls himself Man-Ape in the comics. What a downgrade.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You cannot make sense out of something that was senseless from the very beginning.
    Exactly.

The more one thinks about it, the more it doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

The more one thinks about it, the more it doesn't make sense.
    It does highlight how trite the worldbuilding is that we don't even have a basic concept of the Wakandan upper class.

Like look at the French and Russian Revolutions. Very bloody affairs but you get what they were going for, the complete wiping out of the nobility class. All the rich people die, it wasn't just the royal family, but the overthrowing of anyone of privilege in a life of wealth and fancy far more than the poor common man.

Meanwhile we don't even know what constitutes the Wakandan elite, is it the city-dwellers?