Page 735 of 955 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He's beaten Batroc twice and took down Walker (with some help from Bucky yes, but it was clearly a team effort). I think he has some solid wins already.
    He never actually defeated Batroc. He thwarted his plans but that isn't a straight-up win, which is what I'm talking about. And as you said, he needed Bucky's help with Walker. He has zero straight forward/solid wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    So are y’all down for T’Challa JR ? or y’all fighting to the end. I don’t think T’Challa going to be recast. As long as Ryan is the director there will be no T’Challa PERIOD…. What do you think is going to happen to the franchise after WF ?…..
    If the choices are no T’Challa or a T’Challa II, then I can begrudgingly accept the latter as long as he’s more like comic T’Challa specifically the Priest/Redjack versions, the version that Chadwick wanted to play was Priest’s. If a T’Challa II is written just like Chadwick’s, it’ll just prove that they should’ve just waited and recast .

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/status/1587450207138

So a podcast that’s basically going to be about how unimportant T’Challa is and how the supporting cast and the concept of Wakanda has always been the real focus. Now they just need Ridley to round it out.
    Jeez, TNC, didn't you do ENOUGH damage to the franchise?

So are y’all down for T’Challa JR ? or y’all fighting to the end. I don’t think T’Challa going to be recast. As long as Ryan is the director there will be no T’Challa PERIOD…. What do you think is going to happen to the franchise after WF ?…..
    TBH, I just can't care anymore. My interest in the MCU has been waning further & further with each announcements. I might go see Quantumania as a popcorn flick, but it's equally likely I'll just wait & catch it on streaming. Nothing else coming up has really grabbed my attention.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If the choices are no T’Challa or a T’Challa II, then I can begrudgingly accept the latter as long as he’s more like comic T’Challa specifically the Priest/Redjack/Coates versions, the version that Chadwick wanted to play was Priest’s. If a T’Challa II is written just like Chadwick’s, it’ll just prove that they should’ve just waited and recast .
    Agreed ....

Niffleheim

I'm disgusted by the idea but since he is an entirely new character now It gives me a clean break and I don't have to pay any attention to BP in the MCU.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-01-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

If there’s no more TChalla I’m basically done with the MCU on the Black Panther side. Won’t be difficult for me to give it up.

Incredible Member

Just read BP issue 11…. The continued jabs at T’Challa continue. BUT, interesting end to the issue.

Why should I care at this point? If they choose to not recast T'Challa then I have the right to not support Coogler's crap going forward.

Incredible Member

My distrust in the idea of a T’Challa Jr stretches over to the comic side of things. They have continued to butcher T’Challa’s character and created a false narrative that he is some supposed inept ruler (all of Coates and this current run), and X-Writers love to have shown him as a bad husband, when before the AXIS era or Avengers VS X, he never was.

My fear is that they are desperate to destroy T’Challa, to replace him with “another” character. Doesn’t matter WHOM is BP, they just seem to want to remove T’Challa. And I see T’Challa Jr as a means to an end, especially since they live to align the comics with whatever goes on in the movies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's just a movie. One that, if they go ahead with Part 3 with whoever in the title role, will be another 3-4 years in the making before it's released. And I have a life...not to be spent pining/stressing for something that in no way involves me. As with anything MCU, I'll take it as it comes, when it comes, if it interests me.

My more immediate concern and interest would be BP/T'Challa the comic book and just how long before they actually do something great with it. That's the only T'Challa I really care about and miss.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-01-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

As long as he gets aged up in Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars and is written to be more like the Priest T’Challa (with a dash of Hudlin) then fine. And they’ll probably get a young actor like John Boyega or Damson Idris so they can get a lot of mileage out of them. Oh and I guess one of the Bailey sisters as Monica Lynne wouldn’t hurt. Lmao.

Still I think at least ONE variant shouldn’t be too much to handle. Even if it’s just a one time thing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    As long as he gets aged up in Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars and is written to be more like the Priest T’Challa (with a dash of Hudlin) then fine. And they’ll probably get a young actor like John Boyega or Damson Idris so they can get a lot of mileage out of them. Oh and I guess one of the Bailey sisters as Monica Lynne wouldn’t hurt. Lmao.

Still I think at least ONE variant shouldn’t be too much to handle. Even if it’s just a one time thing.
    Boyega would be awesome especially with a great script but I think he's gone on record as saying he doesn't want to be in a Marvel movie.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Boyega would be awesome especially with a great script but I think he's gone on record as saying he doesn't want to be in a Marvel movie.
    He’ll change his mind once they offer him a big enough paycheck.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

T'Challa Jr, TJ or whatever the hell they are going to call him doesn't mean a thing to me so whatever they do with him I really don't care. If we don't get a variant of the real T'Challa I just don't have a interest in BP on the MCU side of things. At this point I'm more concerned about this pitiful excuse of a BP on the comic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not Coogler or his co-writer. So we will never know, will we.

Based on the many interviews I've seen on the WF press tour...I like that they are honouring Chadwick in their hearts and minds.

I know many of you would have done things 180 degrees differently but...those who are working for Marvel/Disney, for the film, as Writers, Director, Executives, Actors (ie none of us here) know what it means to be there and feel what they feel...and really seem to have their hearts fully in it.
    Angela did say Coogler rewrote the script like 6 times and I highly doubt it's very much the same as when Chad was around.

I mean sure, it's fine to feel how you feel, but there's also reasons you don't make major decisions while grieving too. Had to have that conversation first hand last year when my dad passed away suddenly and randomly.