Page 706 of 955 FirstFirst ... 206606656696702703704705706707708709710716756806 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Apparently, having 5 instead of 4 is a bad thing, and out of those 4 men, only one has actual superpowers. He also forgot M'baku, so it's not really the dunk he thought it was.
    Exactly.

Why celebrate having less of something?

Whomever made that tweet should feel embarrassed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Apparently, having 5 instead of 4 is a bad thing, and out of those 4 men, only one has actual superpowers. He also forgot M'baku, so it's not really the dunk he thought it was.
    The Blade film is in doubt, and from what I've heard there will be a new female character introduced (Bloodline, Blade's daughter perhaps?), and I imagine then it will become a movie where Blade is a co-star, if not a supporting character, and Bloodline will be the real star (not unlike what happened with Blade Trinity and on the Blade television series, so there is precedent for it). They just upgraded Armor Wars from series to movie, and we don't know what that story will entail. Same with Secret Invasion or Captain America 4. Being the face, or on the front of a poster isn't the same thing as having a franchise built around you. The MCU hasn't done a great job establishing Fury, Rhodes, or Wilson as being able to stand on their own, and have put them with more supposedly interesting white characters (I put supposedly in there for Captain Marvel; it was pretty easy for Falcon and War Machine to get eclipsed by Iron Man, Rogers, and Winter Soldier).

None of these characters (no disrespect to the actors playing them) is on T'Challa's level. Far as I know these four projects could just give Marvel four more projects to marginalize and sideline four more Black male characters.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 10-26-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'd say there's also the issue that War Machine and Sam are technically spin-off legacy heroes.

Black Panther's appeal is that he is neither of those things, he is his own man and has his own mythology. Its not like say Green Lantern where John has to fight for spotlight with 5 other characters, no BP is his own character.

Incredible Member

There are times I like Task, there are other times he annoys the heck out of me. Those latter moments almost always involve him being an unabashed Marvel stan. He does way to much caping and shilling for a company that he isn't employed by. All that and he has yet to be rewarded or compensated by them. Marvel doesn't make bad decisions and doesn't do wrong in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So the same people who were saying to not recast arent getting invited to the premiere.

vTweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Kayla Marie
    @MariaGiesela
    Before you ask - neither mini blerd or I was invited to the Black Panther 2 premiere. Soooooo yeah. I was invited by a friend to go but Marvel knows who we are and connected with us when #WhatBlackPantherMeansToMe went viral.

Geek Girl Diva
    @geekgirldiva
    Genuinely confused by the Wakanda Forever premiere invites.

But it FEELS like (to me, at least) like, "Well, we know they'll like it, so we need to invite other people."

(I'm sure the mommy bloggers will be there instead...)

Raven
    @theravenmonroe
    Not Nicque Marina and other Black women creators not being invited to the Wakanda Forever premiere, despite millions of followers and top tier Marvel content ��
    The movie featuring Shuri Black Panther, Riri Williams and the Midnight Angels? And you didn't invite Black women?
    Ouch that's gotta hurt

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Kit Stone
    @bykitstone
    It boggles my mind when Black and POC press can't get access to film screenings or screeners that surround Black and POC stories. Red carpet filled with "others" that probably got their trip paid for while Black and POC people still champion the productions from the sidelines.

Maroon Karma Lavender Haze
    @CarineK
    Not Marvel inviting anyone and anything to the Black Panther premiere black female creators.
    #WakandaForever

Quoth the Raven ��
    @raventbrunner
    A wave of Black journalists and creators say they have been excluded from the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever premiere.

Disney, do better.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-26-2022 at 02:34 PM.

So the same people who were saying to not recast arent getting invited to the premiere.

vTweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Kayla Marie
    @MariaGiesela
    Before you ask - neither mini blerd or I was invited to the Black Panther 2 premiere. Soooooo yeah. I was invited by a friend to go but Marvel knows who we are and connected with us when #WhatBlackPantherMeansToMe went viral.

Geek Girl Diva
    @geekgirldiva
    Genuinely confused by the Wakanda Forever premiere invites.

But it FEELS like (to me, at least) like, "Well, we know they'll like it, so we need to invite other people."

(I'm sure the mommy bloggers will be there instead...)

Raven
    @theravenmonroe
    Not Nicque Marina and other Black women creators not being invited to the Wakanda Forever premiere, despite millions of followers and top tier Marvel content ��
    The movie featuring Shuri Black Panther, Riri Williams and the Midnight Angels? And you didn't invite Black women?
    This makes me laugh. They wanted it so bad lets see if they pay to see it. LMAO!!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Kit Stone
    @bykitstone
    It boggles my mind when Black and POC press can't get access to film screenings or screeners that surround Black and POC stories. Red carpet filled with "others" that probably got their trip paid for while Black and POC people still champion the productions from the sidelines.

Maroon Karma Lavender Haze
    @CarineK
    Not Marvel inviting anyone and anything to the Black Panther premiere black female creators.
    #WakandaForever

Quoth the Raven ��
    @raventbrunner
    A wave of Black journalists and creators say they have been excluded from the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever premiere.

Disney, do better.
    I'm reminded of that early issue in the Priest run, there was a whole big party for BP's charity gala and Ross points out that the people who commissioned the thing didn't bother to invite any black people for the event.

He was the only one who remembered to invite someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    There are times I like Task, there are other times he annoys the heck out of me. Those latter moments almost always involve him being an unabashed Marvel stan. He does way to much caping and shilling for a company that he isn't employed by. All that and he has yet to be rewarded or compensated by them. Marvel doesn't make bad decisions and doesn't do wrong in his eyes.
    He just takes any criticism of Marvel as a personal attack. His borderline stalking and harassing of E-Man on Twitter is what finally got me to block his ass.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I find it ironic. The black women are mad they weren't invited to the premier, they were all for kicking black men aside and telling people off, now they aren't invited and frankly I don't feel any sympathy for them

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Username is getting at what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is more of a concerted push, from feminists-in mainstream to social media-to really ride hard to get these characters put on screen and to keep them on screen. Disney, Warner, Valiant, aren't getting the "you hate Black women" talk for not doing all they can to put these women on screen. Now some of this crowd will praise all the representation, diversity, inclusion, and seats at the table if ever these characters make it to live action, but far as I see, they aren't pushing for that hard. And that's just not the mainstream characters. You don't see Black feminists promoting these characters, doing articles or books about them, and so forth. How many have fancastings even for these characters?
    None. Because they were looking to take what was already there.

Creed-they were calling for Creed 2 to be about his WIFE.

Stranger Things-Lucas became an after thought when Erica pulled a Shuri in season 2. Where in EVERY scene she insulted her brother. They added her to the cast and black feminist attacked the show for disrespecting black women and not making everything a race issue.
    Lucas was finally thought of when Caleb talked about how racist the fandom was to him. Notice the fans went after HIM not HER.
    She got her own book before Lucas did and that book was NEVER promoted. FYI his book is an Amazon best 100 seller right now.

Yes they were calling for Shuri was the closing credits at the premiere were running.

You don't see them doing that for original, independent comic book works either, including from fellow Black feminists.
    They won't because that is too much WORK.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I find it ironic. The black women are mad they weren't invited to the premier, they were all for kicking black men aside and telling people off, now they aren't invited and frankly I don't feel any sympathy for them
    Why would anybody???

2 hours ago.....
    https://decider.com/2022/10/26/black...k-journalists/

These viral complaints were originally spurred by a tweet from Keshav Kant, who is the executive director and editor-in-chief of the nonprofit Off Colour, which covers the intersection of media, culture, politics and race. She wrote, “TikTok is having this discussion at the moment about content creators, access and Black women facing systematic barriers,” and asked “How many Black creatives (women and non-men specifically) were invited to the Wakanda Forever red carpet?”
    The bold is all they care about. SO Black Men don't count.

Nyanyika Banda tweeted, “I created The Wakanda Cookbook. Re: I created the culinary landscape of Wakanda. No invite!” She is a chef and the author of Marvel’s Black Panther The Official Wakanda Cookbook, which released in April 2022.

Karama Horne, author of Black Panther: Protectors of Wakanda: A History and Training Manual of the Dora Milaje from the Marvel Universe and Marvel.com contributor, tweeted, “No, I was not invited to the premiere. Yes, I wrote a book about Wakanda for them.”

Shannon Miller, who is an editor at Adweek, weighed in one the conversation with, “It’s interesting: Every Black journalist/media person I’ve connected with on this has said that they A.) weren’t personally invited at all or B.) are the +1 of a non-Black guest.”

Roxane Gay, author of the Marvel comic book series Black Panther: World of Wakanda, made headlines in 2018 when she claimed that she wasn’t invited to the Black Panther premiere.

In a series of now-deleted tweets, Gay said, “My feelings are real hurt that I didn’t get an invite to the Black Panther premiere. I mean goddamn Marvel. Goddamn.” Like Gay, these aforementioned Black creators have been left with hurt feelings and confusion about their exclusion from this major event that is meant to celebrate Black culture.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 10-26-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Niffleheim

smh
    good thing that there is someone who responded to him with how I feel.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Escaflown...87273112911877
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why would anybody???

2 hours ago.....
    https://decider.com/2022/10/26/black...k-journalists/

The bold is all they care about. SO Black Men don't count.
    Far more deserving people like Gillis, Liss, and Redjack don’t get invites

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Far more deserving people like Gillis, Liss, and Redjack don’t get invites
    I do think Roxanne Gay had a legit argument to be invited. Not talking quality, but this film directly relates to some of her stuff.