Page 457 of 955 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh. And keep in mind this was in response to the concern that their decisions on the film are now starting to have a ripple effect in the comics.
    Yeah I don't really care for her response, it's dismissive of the legitimate concern people have and then her response to Ekie was basically a no response, just a generic reply, Ignoring the post itself and using a bunch of emojis. She would of been better off not responding at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So why do you suppose TChalla stated that explaining Killswitch would seem treacherous.

Again, do you think the only people charged with treason are people who have been able to successfully carry out said treason? No. Planning and intent is sufficient.

This last piece isn't opinion, it's a fact in the vast majority of nation states.
    Your saying Killswitch hinted at killing the PM. Nothing about that scene points to that being the case at all. That's your opinion and nothing else. Your filling in the gaps on something we likely won't get an answer to. In the context he says it could sound treacherous but that can mean a variety of things, but nowhere did it state it meant killing the PM or ruling government, ESPECIALLY since it was created years prior while T'Challa had absolute authority

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    She basically said the world is a beautiful place hinting the world of wakanda
    I have zero faith that any of the four she named even understands the complaint let alone the solution.

The interaction is cordial because it's not personal they just shouldn't be handling the source material that they have been blessed with. They didn't value it before they had it and they still don't

Her first response to the guy above me was the focus of the race of the people involved which is all they care about. They are making a black movie and they think that that's all that's required of them and all to be celebrated when Black Panther has always been so much more
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-08-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I have zero faith that any of the four she named even understands the complaint let alone the solution.

The interaction is cordial because it's not personal they just shouldn't be handling the source material that they have been blessed with. They didn't value it before they had it and they still don't

Facts. What I personally believe is that they have some men hating women working on this movie. They are truty convinced that shuri or whoever side character they pick to take over the franchise and everything will be okay. It will all back fire. She basically said we are not going to disappoint and we got this.

It’s like what do y’all got. This BP movie will humble them.I believe They don’t understand tchalla character at all.

From what I seen online the people that dislike him in the comics said he’s to cold and a AHole doesn’t care about his people and so on. They feel like shuri and wakanda can run it better then tchalla.

That’s what basically happening right now…. ALSO we haven’t seen anything about Nakia

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Im REALLY hoping they are aware. And theres a season 2 Mandalorian finale like moment of us being in shock and all happy. It would be nice...

However, yea its far more likely she just saying black people are going to make a good black movie for the culture.

Facts. What I personally believe is that they have some men hating women working on this movie. They are truty convinced that shuri or whoever side character they pick to take over the franchise and everything will be okay. It will all back fire. She basically said we are not going to disappoint and we got this.

It’s like what do y’all got. This BP movie will humble them.I believe They don’t understand tchalla character at all.

From what I seen online the people that dislike him in the comics said he’s to cold and a AHole doesn’t care about his people and so on. They feel like shuri and wakanda can run it better then tchalla.

That’s what basically happening right now…. ALSO we haven’t seen anything about Nakia
    Probably because Nakia is currently dead in the comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Her first response to the guy above me was the focus of the race of the people involved which is all they care about. They are making a black movie and they think that that's all that's required of them and all to be celebrated when Black Panther has always been so much more
    They think that because in the past that has been enough for some black movies.

That is enough when you do Tyler Perry movies that make back their budgets in two weeks.

That is enough when you movies like Dope that make back their budgets in two weeks.

That is enough when you only want praise from certain folks.

That is NOT enough for a film with this huge of a budget.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I mean sure Shuri's pretty personable, but does that really apply to say Okoye?

Like Winter Falcon anyone? Sure she didn't do anything wrong necessarily but she was cold as ice in that show. I mean Hell I remember her disabling and snapping Bucky's arm generated a bit of controversy for how cruel some people found it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Like Winter Falcon anyone? Sure she didn't do anything wrong necessarily but she was cold as ice in that show. I mean Hell I remember her disabling and snapping Bucky's arm generated a bit of controversy for how cruel some people found it.

Women being cold is different according to the people making the movie. It show them with confidences I guess. Trust me when I take my girls to Disneyland the last thing they want to see is the Dora lol. I have season passes.

Tchalla coming off cold is something the mcu don’t want and the people working on tchalla or anything wakanda doesn’t like a cold tchalla.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

That was Ayo not Okoye.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    That was Ayo not Okoye.
    To be fair to him, they all have the identical personality lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm sure Feige is counting on Wakanda Forever to be well received by the general audience due to how lukewarm the reception of the previous phase 4 movies have been including Love and Thunder which has a B+ in Cinamascore (this is based on what I've seen from people's reactions)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Women being cold is different according to the people making the movie. It show them with confidences I guess. Trust me when I take my girls to Disneyland the last thing they want to see is the Dora lol. I have season passes.

Tchalla coming off cold is something the mcu don’t want and the people working on tchalla or anything wakanda doesn’t like a cold tchalla.
    There is such an evident double standard there. T'Challa is constantly criticized for being a violent authoritarian yet the Dora Milaje are kinda exactly like that, if not more so because they tend to lack the introspection and questioning of methods T'Challa has.

Like the Dora Milaje have apparently taken over the Jabari lands which I think is technically foreign soil. So they basically invaded the place, killed all the leaders, and took over for themselves. Regardless that they did depose evil people, what makes it acceptable for them to engage in the very actions that T'Challa is constantly criticized for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    That was Ayo not Okoye.
    Ah my bad. I'm way too used to Okoye as the primary Dora character plus its been a while since I saw Winter Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'm sure Feige is counting on Wakanda Forever to be well received by the general audience due to how lukewarm the reception of the previous phase 4 movies have been including Love and Thunder which has a B+ in Cinamascore (this is based on what I've seen from people's reactions)
    Isn't that bad for an MCU movie or am I misremembering?

EDIT: it is bad for an MCU movie

The only under A- Cinemascore the MCU has had prior to 2021 was Thor 1 (B+).

Now 3 of their last 4 releases have been in B range: Thor (B+), Doctor Strange (B+), and Eternals (B)
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-09-2022 at 03:24 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Did I just see "phat" in a Black Panther book?