Page 801 of 955 FirstFirst ... 301701751791797798799800801802803804805811851901 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,015 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was it not Moore and Coogler who made the call to not recast? Look you gotta take the optics into consideration: if the two highest level black creatives involved in BP are saying they don’t want to recast, then odds are the one white guy in the room is not going to overrule them. If he had, there’s a good chance Coogler would have just exited the project entirely, and then Black Twitter would have been all over Feige’s ass, calling him racist and criticizing him for overruling the black director who was close to Chadwick. Unless Feige himself was the one who actually made the call, then there’s nothing he can say other than tossing Moore and Coogler under the bus by saying it was their call not his.

Only real criticism Feige should get is not just delaying the movie to let the grieving process play out, but my understanding is the Disney higher ups refused to budge on not delaying WF, so Feige would have to either take the blame for his bosses or call them out, neither of which he wants to do I’m sure.
    Who cares about black Twitter?

Same Black Twitter that was OPEN to boycotting the first movie over who Michael B Jordan DATED.
    Same Black Twitter that took JOY in John Ridley's last tv show failing because it was not about black women and the fact his wife is not black.
    Same Black Twitter that has shown ZERO support for Shuri and everything she has done without wearing that suit.
    Same Black Twitter that has shown ZERO support for Static, Riri, Moon Girl and even other black created or lead book that was not bathing in the waters of black misery and victimhood.
    Same Black Twitter that bashes black men daily including blaming them for losses in elections.

I would remind Black Twitter-the REASON you have a Black Panther movie at all is because KEVIN FEIGE fought for it when his boss KEPT saying no-because of Catwoman and Steel box office failures and not wanting to invest in a big budget black movie.

That is all they do is WHINE.

WHINE and STILL show up to see the movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I agree with all that.
    I still wanna see Kevin answer these questions though and feel some type of pressure. Ultimately he is in charge and if the fanbase is still in an uproar (which according to RecastTChalla trending for 4 days straight it is) I would hope he would start asking Nate what's going on.
    If not him the stock holders.

Who are probably already testy after Buzz Lightyear and what Strange Worlds has as the lead (if that scene is there).

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If not him the stock holders.

Who are probably already testy after Buzz Lightyear and what Strange Worlds has as the lead (if that scene is there).
    None of the above will happen. WF's box office performance only needs to be something close to 800M+ and it will seen as a successful movie considering the circumstance.

Buzz Lightyear is another Solo A Star Wars Story, it didn't need to exist. I'd be highly surprised if there is that much box office expectation for Strange Worlds after Encanto. It might do big numbers on Disney+ though just like Encato and Buzz Lightyear.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Who cares about black Twitter?

Same Black Twitter that was OPEN to boycotting the first movie over who Michael B Jordan DATED.
    Same Black Twitter that took JOY in John Ridley's last tv show failing because it was not about black women and the fact his wife is not black.
    Same Black Twitter that has shown ZERO support for Shuri and everything she has done without wearing that suit.
    Same Black Twitter that has shown ZERO support for Static, Riri, Moon Girl and even other black created or lead book that was not bathing in the waters of black misery and victimhood.
    Same Black Twitter that bashes black men daily including blaming them for losses in elections.

I would remind Black Twitter-the REASON you have a Black Panther movie at all is because KEVIN FEIGE fought for it when his boss KEPT saying no-because of Catwoman and Steel box office failures and not wanting to invest in a big budget black movie.

That is all they do is WHINE.

WHINE and STILL show up to see the movie.
    One also has to remember that Twitter gets way more attention that he deserves. It's actually one of the least used social media sites. There are more people on LinkedIn and Pinterest than twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed.

This is a strength that Marvel has leaned into with all the MCU films. We love the actors in their roles, to a degree that's unique it all action movies. RDJ, Chris Evans embody their roles, and so did Chadwick.

Disney would be foolish to ignore that, and I say that as someone who wants the role recast, in time.
    It is 100% the reason thus franchise had had the success it has. Their casting department has almost never missed. It has made this film series a living breathing thing that audiences don't just watch but interact with. They become intimately attached to the characters by means of the performances. You can't get people crying in a theater when spider man shows up otherwise. Or crying at the on screen death of a character. Compare the response of these films to the James bond movies for example.

If you listen to fiege explain any casting decisions he will always mention how audiences respond as a major factor . They want these characters to be beloved. Thats how you get stuff like Charlie cox being brought back into the fold and embraced.

I have seen the film.

First things first... it's a good MCU film, but not a great one.

It is not, however, a good Black Panther film. More details in the spoiler section below, but in brief the story does the franchise no favors, and leaves Wakanda more or less right back where it started, albeit with a new champion & monarch.

Spoiler Section
    spoilers:

I had two big problems with the story, and a host of smaller ones.

The biggest issue are the character arcs. Not only did some of them make no sense (all of a sudden, Shuri is full of repressed rage), but many of them are retreads of arcs we've already seen... Namor is the extremist outsider with a point, and Shuri's storyline with him is basically T'challa/Zemo redux, right down to the last-minute reprieve.

Secondly, Wakanda is plagued by PIS in this film. They can't manage to hit a target who is standing still, and when confronted by an army of the super-strong, their only recourse is "Let's try bald women with spears! That always works!" If Coogler & co. wanted to show that Wakanda doesn't deserve her reputation for strength, they succeeded.

There's also a slew of subplots that seem added only to pad the movie out. Martin Freeman did not need to be in this film, and a case could be made for Ironheart as well (although she at least acts as a McGuffin for part of the film). As for the whole "the Dora get upgraded with Midnight Angels tech" subplot... well, I hope Stelfreeze gets a nice check out of it, but they are more or less useless.

(Yes, the Ayo/Aneka pairing is in the film... for all of 10 seconds. Yay representation?)

That being said, both Winston Duke and Angela Basset act the hell out of key scenes, even if the movie requires Ramonda to make a very bad decision to move the plot forward. The rest... not so much. I found Shuri's portrayal particularly uneven. (She makes bad choices too. Should have listened to her umama more).
    end of spoilers

All in all, a solid B-. We aren't talking Dark World bad, but like most of Phase 4, it doesn't have the impact it could.

If you have specific questions, please ask them behind spoiler tags, and I'll answer what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Literally no one said anything about forgetting him that is what you keep ignoring. Derrick wanted hos brothers role recast and he lives with that loss everyday and knew him longer. Time DOES do something. It allows one to come to terms and be able to move forward.

Frankly recreating his death 2 years after the fact and doing it in a way that closely mirrors how he passed 100% means they should of waited and that's ait healthy or right.

I love my dad a year ago Nov 9th and I knew the man my entire life, I can bring him up and talk about him without bursting into tears, and I SAW him barely an hour after he passed, randomly without warning.

If they can't talk about him without crying this far after he passed, then that's a clear sign they should have waited and properly grieved.

Derrick isn't a film maker. And everyone grieves differently. My father died in my arms nearly 3 years ago without warning and I still get emotional about it. And I'm not an emotional person.

They cant let Derrick make creative decisions for a franchise that became way bigger than boseman or anyone else expected. His performance resonated with millions and will continue to, and those folks needed to see him sent off as well. The GA would've soundly rejected anything short of that I think.

Spectacular Member

If Thor 4 and The Batman are hits. This is a hit too. People wishing it will fail is taking the L.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    None of the above will happen. WF's box office performance only needs to be something close to 800M+ and it will seen as a successful movie considering the circumstance.
    Exactly. This movie will in no way be viewed as a failure. Nobody's going to be questioning Feige or anyone else associated with it. The Recast Movement didn't translate into loss revenue, so aren't really a consideration.

Mighty Member

What would you like in BP 3? In the seventies there was shaft in Africa so why not flip it and highlight the African American Heroes? You could have Misty stone, Bill Foster's nephew as Goliath, night thrasher etc. Moses magnum and hate monger (Jason Alexander) as villains.

Also, wanna bet Kang dynasty shows future versions of Tony and Thor's daughter with U know who junior?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What would you like in BP 3? In the seventies there was shaft in Africa so why not flip it and highlight the African American Heroes? You could have Misty stone, Bill Foster's nephew as Goliath, night thrasher etc. Moses magnum and hate monger (Jason Alexander) as villains.

Also, wanna bet Kang dynasty shows future versions of Tony and Thor's daughter with U know who junior?
    Hopefully, some adaption of Priest's Enemy of the State. Still shocked that it wasn't the sequel

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

Don't know what they can do with BP3 that would capture the interest of the audience. Doomwar maybe?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Derrick isn't a film maker. And everyone grieves differently. My father died in my arms nearly 3 years ago without warning and I still get emotional about it. And I'm not an emotional person.

They cant let Derrick make creative decisions for a franchise that became way bigger than boseman or anyone else expected. His performance resonated with millions and will continue to, and those folks needed to see him sent off as well. The GA would've soundly rejected anything short of that I think.
    No they wouldn't. Because everyone understands what recasting is. GA does NOT care about Black Twitter and their crying.

Hiding behind Icon this and Icon that doesn't cut.

If that was the case we should NEVER see an animated Batman again.
    Heck Joker should not be around.
    Star Trek Strange New Worlds should not exist nor the 2009 movies.
    Nor Dr Who past Tom Baker.

Folks get REPLACED. It happens.

Except here.

Because nobody except Nic Stone wants to invest in building Shuri up as herself without tossing big brother out of the way.

Nic Stone is the writer of those successful Shuri novels that everyone acts like they don't exist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly. This movie will in no way be viewed as a failure. Nobody's going to be questioning Feige or anyone else associated with it. The Recast Movement didn't translate into loss revenue, so aren't really a consideration.
    Where did any of them say they wanted it to fail? Nowhere did E-Man say he wanted it to fail.

Now the Gators and that group-yeah.

Nowhere did the recast movement go to the levels of what the Gators, Snyderverse and others have done.

Most chose not to watch. Others did.

The anti-recast and fake woke won't stop trying to shame folks for not watching or having an opinion.

Too bad they won't put up that same effort to get MORE black lead projects. That are not black misery starter kits or history pieces.

Where did any of them say they wanted it to fail? Nowhere did E-Man say he wanted it to fail.

Now the Gators and that group-yeah.

Nowhere did the recast movement go to the levels of what the Gators, Snyderverse and others have done.

Most chose not to watch. Others did.

The anti-recast and fake woke won't stop trying to shame folks for not watching or having an opinion.

Too bad they won't put up that same effort to get MORE black lead projects. That are not black misery starter kits or history pieces.
    Where did I claim any of them wanted it to fail? You completely missed the point. Try reading the thread of conversation I was responding to.