Page 365 of 955 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465865 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the cast look depressed.

How are you going to market a Black Panther movie without Black Panther or the suit?
    Honestly they would be wise to show off Namor. I wouldnt save that for the 2nd trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Er, show clips of T’Challa from previous movies? Lol. Damn man it just looks like the cast are all like “for basts sake let’s get this over with.”
    I wonder if they open the trailer with a sad scene or just not even address it at all. Saving it for the film.

You know I’ve been thinking. I like Christopher Judges performance as T’Challa in avengers but if a Black Panther video game was actually made, does anyone think he’d be a much better fit as M’Baku?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

How are you going to market a Black Panther movie without Black Panther or the suit?
    They're being too tight with the spoiler aversion I think. If Shuri ends up donning the suit, show it off. And show us Namor as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well frontier you know that the Black Panther was always about Wakanda right? From day 1 Wakanda was the star of the movie. It was Wakanda that people were enamoured by in CW, it was Wakanda everyone was hyped to see in the first Solo, it was Wakanda that people were legit upset when Thanos started dusting, everything, and it was Wakanda that everyone cheered for in EG when the portals started opening.

Who else would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're being too tight with the spoiler aversion I think. If Shuri ends up donning the suit, show it off. And show us Namor as well.
    When you lack the confidence in the movie your going to show off soon, you tend to keep things close to the chest for as long as possible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    When you lack the confidence in the movie your going to show off soon, you tend to keep things close to the chest for as long as possible.
    My thoughts exactly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Chesterfield so disgusted about this movie he's going to show up to the premiere like this
    Eff this movie, eff Marvel, eff Feige and the MCU in general. The MCU ended with A:EG. The Black Panther IP isn't worth wiping my a-crack with. The clowns in charge have royally effed the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Eff this movie, eff Marvel, eff Feige and the MCU in general. The MCU ended with A:EG. The Black Panther IP isn't worth wiping my a-crack with. The clowns in charge have royally effed the fans.
    You'll still get Shuri bro.

In all seriousness, its sad they are taking things I loved about the first movie and are now making me dislike it. Or just be at odds with it.

I loved that T'Challa had a great home depicted, a great supporting cast to show off their talents and were interesting. That he had great villains, etc.

But again it was for T'Challa. I could say his film had these other great supporting parts. And now Marvel has found that that is good enough.

Putting grief aside its hurtful that two black men play a large role in how this is playing out.

Maybe its my fault and others like me who were grieving who were ok if they didnt recast. However, I mostly thought it was just a 1 film deal. Once again Marvel is taking the wrong notes from twitter/social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Maybe its my fault and others like me who were grieving who were ok if they didnt recast. However, I mostly thought it was just a 1 film deal. Once again Marvel is taking the wrong notes from twitter/social media.
    Klaw, look man, don’t ever feel bad for grieving. It’s 100% ok to feel sad over losing Chadwick and my sentiments extend to people working at Marvel studios in spite of my criticisms on how they’re handling this. People don’t tend to think rationally when they’re emotional. Heck admittedly I’m still kind of mourning myself. I remember after the film came out I listened to both the soundtrack and the score on repeat for days on end but now I force myself to listen to just one song.

And this is why I’m so angry at the thought of killing off T’Challa in the MCU. Nate Moore seems confident that this will be “cathartic” for people. Well Nate is it going to cathartic for everyone or cathartic for you? You, Ryan and the rest of the cast and crew without even taking into account how a portion of the audience will react especially when this movie is coming out two years after Chadwick died? You really think reopening a wound is going to be “carthartic”? You think it’s “carthartic” to cut T’Challas story short even though Chadwick signed all the way on to a Black Panther 3, despite knowing he was sick because he believed in the character that much and knew how much he meant to people? Yeah sorry but I’m not helping y’all profit off a man’s death. Especially since you were whispering this “it’s a mantle” nonsense in Cooglers ear as far back as 2018.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

MCU stuff is kinda secondary to me, so I am not reading anything about that stuff.

I do love T'Challa's current comic run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    MCU stuff is kinda secondary to me, so I am not reading anything about that stuff.

I do love T'Challa's current comic run.

I’ll just say it’s not universally loved. You still love it with the character inconsistencies and the power scaling?

Incredible Member

As far as I'm concerned the IP where it really matters is in a state of disrepute. The solo comic is bs and has been this way for the better part of a decade and T'Challa's cinematic presence or lack thereof since 2018 has been trivialised and rendered insignificant. I, personally will not support the bastardization of a beloved character that has real-world significance and means so much to me personally. Proverbs 13:24... Spare the rod and ruin the child. Well, I'm bringing out the damn belt as and when needed because the wayward handling of T'Challa needs serious correcting.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay I really want to get this off my chest somewhere, and I have decided to make that here. Something to add about Black Panther's mistreatment by Marvel and the writers. Its a bit of a long one, and I have to start with the Kelly Sue DeConnick Aquaman run.

If you didn't know DeConnick had an Aquaman run a couple years ago following Dan Abnett, and during the end of it she abolished the Atlantean monarchy meaning Aquaman is no longer king and Atlantis is a Democracy. Whats fascinating is her reasons for doing so as she outlined in an interview.

"KELLY SUE DECONNICK ON THAT WEDDING AND ABOLISHING THE ATLANTEAN MONARCHY IN HER FINAL 'AQUAMAN' STORY"

"For me, I didn’t understand how [monarchy could work with] these characters that represent these ideals, and particularly these very American ideals, right? DC characters are red, white, and blue, really. I know we are an international brand, but there is something about the values that are such American values. So, this idea that we have this undersea monarchy that’s always this continual battle for who’s owed the throne? No, that is not how that should work at all," DeConnick explained. "That’s a moral issue. That’s wrong. And I think it’s a problem I have with a lot of contemporary... I’m sure my mentions don’t want this, but this is a problem I have with a lot of contemporary fantasy.

"Game of Thrones, in the end, the thesis, what does Game of Thrones seem to be telling us? 'You’re pretty much born who you are, and you’re the crazy fire lady. You’re going to be the crazy fire lady.' You know what I mean? It was all about what was owed by birth. And some of the stuff they have done with Star Wars, too [referring to Rey's power originating in her bloodline]. I happened to be listening to a thing about Ben Franklin this evening as research for another project, and a line jumped out at me. Professor H.W. Brands makes reference to '...the dawning of a world in which an individual’s ability, not his birthright, would be the yardstick by which his success might be measured.' I think that's what I was trying to get to. Something beyond both birthright and biology.

"I really and truly believe this. I believe that Atlantis being a monarchy in 2020 was a problem. So, that was where we went with it. I don’t know if it will hold. That is not my job. But what felt authentic to me was that once Mera understood that, that she would have to act, because I think that’s who she is."
    So that's her reason. She found the idea of a monarchy "problematic" and not "politically correct" in the modern era despite the story being a fantasy story centering on a kingdom with no real life basis on anything. Which I think this can apply a lot to potentially why T'Challa gets so much crap thrown his way.

Its very possible that a lot of writers find him problematic to a degree. They don't find the idea of a superhero king progressive enough so thats why Black Panther stories recently have primarily centered on bringing down the monarchy, with the revolutions, characters constantly calling the royalty crap, and just generally treating T'Challa as the lynchpin for all this. Which forgets the longstanding dynamic between Black Panther and Wakanda, where T'Challa is supposed to be the progressive wanting better for his country and having to argue against his nationalistic citizens, but they write him badly because they don't want the king to be the leading progressive figure.

I'd even say writers are stuck in a situation where they like Wakanda, loving the idea of an African country setting to write in but are annoyed that the setting is so attached to Black Panther. Like they most likely know Wakanda spin-off setting comics can't survive as the failure of the previous World of Wakanda books can attest to, so they are stuck between a setting they like versus having to write about a character they are disinterested in.

So yeah thats my 2 cents on all this. Been meaning to find somewhere to spill my thoughts, thanks for reading. Also to anyone dissatisfied with the current direction of BP, if it helps the DeConnick Aquaman run did terribly. Like it was well-received sure by both critics and fans, but sales wise it bombed horribly I hear. The preceding writer Abnett's run while it didn't sell great it sold fine for itself, but whatever DeConnick did drove readers away to such a degree that sales for her book divebombed to never before seen low numbers. Its pretty astonishing in a way.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 06-12-2022 at 04:26 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it still hasn't been explicitly confirmed in-canon yet.
    Yupp.

It was pure Claremontian "Kink and Subtext" (ugh) but since he's not the driving mind and creative force behind these characters and hasn't been for decades all that is best left in the past and I don't see JDW and Ewing going the bisexual route with her character.
    An' tuh besides...outside of the "special connection" she had/has with Yukio Storm clearly loves the D.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!