Page 330 of 955 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430830 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 14314
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    LOL.
    As Patrice Roberts one of my favourite Soca artists here in Trinidad, sang..."I go drink water and mind my business"

I haven't read it yet so I will reserve my own judgement.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-01-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A few things...

1. Most people in here (and storm thread) are miffed/done with his version of their often repeated arguments

2. The dialogue just sucks. Ridley cannot get T'challa's voice right at all.

3. We are 6 issues in with only two left and the plot hasn't moved fast enough.

4. What part of T'challa sounds like, "im going to give up my suit and run away from Wakanda with no real plan how to survive this"

5. We just got teased at the end of hte last issue that "t'challa don't need no suit!" and... he needed the suit. Or something. We were teased T'challa was about to show us something. He needed saved. Not really what was teased at all and not really what a bunch of starved BP fans wanted to see.

In isolation, "T'challa tries to fight off an army of Wakandan redshirts with no tech and does decent" isn't bad... when combined with this whole issue, with this whole run, and 6 years of constant disappointment... not so cool.
    yea BP fans deserve way better than this and if that means storm makes a permanent exit from the bp mythos so be it. however that said, once she is gone you still have to contend with not so great writing from Ridley. how much more out of character can he write tchalla. his voice he obviously hasn't captured. so im not sure how this will all end guys and that is unfortunate for his fandom.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was the reason he climbed the tree, part two of the army was coming and it was a smart strategic move to gain sight and get an upper hand. I'm actually confused people didn't enjoy him basically taking on an army. I mean this stuff went on for pages.
    spoilers:

Attachment 121483
    Attachment 121484
    end of spoilers
    The problem is that it doesn't matter how many pages it goes on for, when at the end of the day, he is constantly needing to be saved from supporting cast or out of franchise characters to give them something to do in or make a weak threat appear more dangerous.

Why are we supposed to believe Z list Akili is able to outsmart arguably one of the greatest tacticians alive or T'Challa is do small picture he allows himself to be fooled that way? He is CONSISTENTLY shown as the big picture endgame type of character, a grandmaster Chess player. Hey Ridley constantly writes him as a reactionary character who just goes off emotions?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There is no way mcgregor little story was canon. It didn't fit anything modern at all. It is no more canon that Hudlins future story.
    well even it it was canon there is nothing in stone that says she must be dead forever. he needs someone that can do something, anything different from ororo. she brings out the worst qualities in him and that ain't cute. please let it be done.

We are just continuing the trend...

A Goddess Queen and a King Blessed By a God arguing bickering like childen

make it make sense cause I dknt get how two of the most powerful leaders in marvel universe behave as such..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sigh, I'm in no rush to go get my issue. ::Flips table in anger:::
    But I will go pick it up.

It was the reason he climbed the tree, part two of the army was coming and it was a smart strategic move to gain sight and get an upper hand. I'm actually confused people didn't enjoy him basically taking on an army. I mean this stuff went on for pages.
    spoilers:

Attachment 121483
    Attachment 121484
    end of spoilers
    Because my standards for T'Challa havent dropped to be impressed by this. He didn't take on an "army". He managed to take out two or three Hatute but the moment reinforcements arrived he got beat down fast and would've died if not for Storm and Shuri's backup wouldn't have arrived in time. T'Challa using strategy to defeat all of them would've been better and consistent with his past fights with them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought Monica died in 616 ???
    There is no way mcgregor little story was canon. It didn't fit anything modern at all. It is no more canon that Hudlins future story.
    The annual mentions that the Panther's Heart story is set in a alternate past

Incredible Member

The real question is, is Tchalla even the king anymore lol like what’s going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Someone in the storm thread called it the real housewives of wakanda lmaoooo
    Lmaoo it’s exactly that. The dialogue alone was just atrocious. I mean what writer with any idea of who these characters are and what their voices are like would have Storm saying “okey-dokey” and T’challa responding to a lame attempt at getting out of being shot dead by his own men by saying “Oh shit… I was bluffing”. And this suddenly and mysteriously important “best friend” Jhai’s death being the only death in his life that has shaken him to his core? As the “only person he’s ever really cared about”??? Forget Storm, that’s offensive to most people in the established canon of his life lol. Hot mess. But I’m glad those who enjoyed it did so.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 06-01-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    The real question is, is Tchalla even the king anymore lol like what’s going on?
    He hasn't been king proper since 2009. He's supposed to be Emperor now but as expected that's getting ignored. The only time it came up was in Narcisse's one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lmaoo it’s exactly that! The dialogue alone was just atrocious. I mean what writer with any idea of who these characters are and what their voices are like would have Storm saying “okey-dokey” and T’challa responding to a lame attempt at getting out of being shot dead by his own men by saying “Oh shit… I was bluffing”. And this suddenly and mysteriously important “best friend” Jhai’s death being the only death in his life that has shaken him to his core? As the “only person he’s ever really cared about” ? Forget Storm, that’s offensive to most people in the established canon of his life lol. Hot mess. But I’m glad those who enjoyed it did so.
    Right. So the deaths of T'chaka, S'yan, Zuri, and W'kabi didn't affect him? Those were the people that raised him. The dialogue was a little off. Plus T'challa NEVER calls Ororo "Storm" everybody else does.

I do think he captured the essence of T'challa and Ororo's relationship though. I like that he acknowledged T'challa's grudge about Skybreaker and Ororo's grudge about having their relationship annulled. It's clear they'll always love each other, but when the dust settles on this, Storm is definitely going to break up with him for awhile.

Oh well i had no idea Tchalla is just suppose to be written for those who read him before. That sounds like a problem no writer can overcome. To me it feels like i am seeing why Tchalla is an interesting character in this run and that's connecting with me.

Oh and you get no argument from me over Storm/Tchalla, burn it with fire but i'm reacting to this story and i don't think what he did was that big of a deal but it was written honest for Storm to have some kind of reaction. Not where i would have went but this isn't her book and if Tchalla does have another story coming up where he may need to be more of a loner may as well cut the strings now. At least he spoke his truth to her unlike her going to NuNakia to rag on the man. Storm can feel let down, but she can't fault the man for finally answering a question she never asked.
    It's not about just writing him for people who have read him before, it's about CONSISTENCY. to go from a man consistently written as always being prepared, two steps ahead and looking at the big picture, with a very VERY Consistency of fighting above his weight class (since his debut) to then struggling against z list supporting cast and OCs? It's reeks of bad fanfiction esqe writing.

Priest, Hudlin and Redjack we're all able to write T'Challa as an interesting and complex character without sacrificing his core traits on order to do so abd create "conflict" Coates has start the trend of T'Challa struggling way under his weight class and only able to cut loose against other Wakandans because he didn't like seeing T'Challa written as "awesome awesome awesome" all the time. It's not something Ridley should continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lmaoo it’s exactly that. The dialogue alone was just atrocious. I mean what writer with any idea of who these characters are and what their voices are like would have Storm saying “okey-dokey” and T’challa responding to a lame attempt at getting out of being shot dead by his own men by saying “Oh shit… I was bluffing”. And this suddenly and mysteriously important “best friend” Jhai’s death being the only death in his life that has shaken him to his core? As the “only person he’s ever really cared about”??? Forget Storm, that’s offensive to most people in the established canon of his life lol. Hot mess. But I’m glad those who enjoyed it did so.
    Yeah we are told to care about Jhai but are given no reason to. And how T'Challa acts you would think he was in Love with him as more or more than Omolola claimed to be. It's so incredibly stupid and poorly written. Dude showed up for a few pages for one issue, and unless he was T'Challas first love (Which would also be dumb because we DO know that it was Storm) nothing about this dude screams he would be shaken to his core. No over his Dad, W'Kabi or M'Baku (his actual friends at some point) his uncle etc.

Bad fanfiction is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Right. So the deaths of T'chaka, S'yan, Zuri, and W'kabi didn't affect him? Those were the people that raised him. The dialogue was a little off. Plus T'challa NEVER calls Ororo "Storm" everybody else does.

I do think he captured the essence of T'challa and Ororo's relationship though. I like that he acknowledged T'challa's grudge about Skybreaker and Ororo's grudge about having their relationship annulled. It's clear they'll always love each other, but when the dust settles on this, Storm is definitely going to break up with him for awhile.

Yeah the whole Jhai “best friend/closest person to T’challa in life” thing is so bizarrely undersold, it’s hard to take it seriously. To say it hit home for him deeply is one thing but to call him “the only person that T’challa ever cared about” is entirely another. Then again, upon googling the character to see if he had any previous appearances before Ridley used him(he did not) the first thing that comes up is that he was one of the “loves” of T’challa’s life which threw me for a loop. Was that said in a book? Did I miss something??? Lmao just seems like such a large over-justification to show “vulnerable” T’challa, but it just rings false. To me personally at least.

I think he captured the essence of what their relationship was at its lowest point. Which is strange to me because they’ve already had sooooo much dialogue (and much better written, I may add) in regards to acknowledging past grievances and owning their mistakes. It makes absolutely no sense that Ororo would bring up the annulment in that moment when that has been discussed and put to bed at least 3 times already. T’challa acknowledging Skybreaker and his residual anger about that rang true and was nice to see. Storm just seems bitter, grudge-bearing and quite honestly desperate to avoid answering for that by digging up the beaten corpse of the buried dead horse that is the annulment. When she literally could have said anything else. I’m sorry? I took not pleasure in it? I was trying to save the world? But apparently “well you divorced me!!!” was the best she could come up with. Ridley’s writing just doesn’t do it for me. And as I said, that’s for me personally. He made T’challa look like a goofball. A chump who had to make bluffs of a “God’s venagence” to try to stop someone from killing him. Someone who talks like a 24 year old American frat boy and not an established and noble African King. It’s just not for me, but that’s okay and I’m happy if any of his fans do enjoy it because I know it’s been a long time coming for some of y’all to see a T’challa you know and love in his own book.

For Those who forget who T'Challa is supposed to be. This is what we should be getting from T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ture
    These are some scans of that sample 6 page comic sketch that Jonathan Marks submitted to Marvel, at the end of 2013.