Page 150 of 955 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay now, that I've read the full issue, and took it all in. Not feeling the fight at all...! Really hard waiting for this arc to finish far as pacing goes. Whole trip to Arrako, a waste to me. I'll ride with Ridley’s Batman book, but he's got to bring it on this book.
    Yeah, I don't know why writers of late write such a uninspired T'Challa in his own book. Man I really wish Redjack was on the book instead

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why writers of late write such a uninspired T'Challa in his own book. Man I really wish Redjack was on the book instead
    Fingers crossed that Marvel will at least let the man write a spin-off title. He’s killing it over at DC right now. Or hell, let him write the story for a video game.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 03-04-2022 at 06:35 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Lol, I see Reggie Hudlin agrees with your sentiments about a certain relationship on Twitter Ekie!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Fingers crossed that Marvel will at least let the man write a spin-off title. He’s killing it over at DC right now. Or he’ll, let him write the story for a video game.
    Yeah, I know they gave that to Narcisse last time but really i think RJ would be a much better fit, not only would we get a better T'Challa, but we would also get a balanced Shuri who isn't cutting into T'Challas lane like everyone seems to try and do. But I really REALLY want him to get on the comics so we can atleast get a few years of good content as well

Lol, I see Reggie Hudlin agrees with your sentiments about a certain relationship on Twitter Ekie!
    What did he say?

Lightbulb Reggie retweeted Ekie's twitter post

What did he say?
    Reggie retweeted Ekie's twitter post about how the X-office at Marvel did everything hey could to shit on T'Challa and Ororo's marriage.
    Ekie recent post was a response to Marvel's twitter question "What really makes Black Panther and Storm a power couple?".

https://twitter.com/Ekie0/status/1499527443966791683

Excelsior!

Daoud

Astonishing Member

After reading the issue I think it was fine, like the last 3. It’s a perfectly serviceable ongoing and I’m enjoying the ride for the most part. Ridley’s handle on T’Challa’s voice is consistent and I actually really enjoyed the whole confrontation with Omolola in terms of character. T’Challa was definitely overreacting somewhat but it just goes to show how much he’s hurting.

Jhai gave everything, including his life, for T’Challa/Wakanda and the most T’Challa can do to repay him is beat up his girlfriend after he’s already dead lol. I think it builds on the ideas Ridley touched on in issues 2 and 3 of T’Challa feeling guilt for having to make the choices he does while still remaining focused. And what’s worse is T’Challa isn’t shouldering that burden by himself, he’s asking others to make that same sacrifice and they clearly aren’t able to handle it the way he is.

The mutant stuff was whatever. Outside the moment with Gentle, it served no purpose for this arc. I think Ridley’s just gonna do what Priest did and keep T’Challa out of a permanent relationship while having him be close to his main love interest, in this case Storm. I expect she’ll pop in and out this run both as an ally and as a rival, we’ll see how long that lasts when the X-line becomes more cohesive and Storm is doing her own thing on Mars. I could see Folasade being the new love interest tho, I don’t think she’s as villainous as the story suggests.

The mystery is the second weakest part of this story. T’Challa has trained most of the Dora Milaje personally and would obviously play a huge role in training his personal spies. How can he not identify a fighting style that shares over 90% of its DNA with fighting styles from his own culture? And even then, his first reaction in issue 2 should’ve been surprise that someone cut his suit, which should’ve then led to him realizing maybe they’re using vibranium or were Wakandan. That didn’t make sense at all and it doesn’t give me hope for future reveals.

I agree that it’s most likely Hunter working with the Prime Minister to get T’Challa out the way so they can consolidate power. That could work, but like MOS said there needs to be a betrayal or twist in there. Though looking at what Ridley’s done with the mystery so far, I’m fully prepared for an OC villain who gets a collective “meh” from the audience.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Damn shame as you couldnt have told me he would be over T'Challa in 2018. I like Strange, but damn Feige dont give up on T'Challa.

People
    @people
    Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Has 'Become the Anchor' of the MCU, Says Marvel President
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Word! The new batman film is barely out and already people are declaring Pattinson the best Batman ever. This is proof that to suggest a character can only be played by one actor is bs. Feige et al need to get their head out and just straight up recast T'Challa.
    By time Marvel figures it out Damson will already be another comic book character.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Damn shame as you couldnt have told me he would be over T'Challa in 2018. I like Strange, but damn Feige dont give up on T'Challa.

People
    @people
    Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Has 'Become the Anchor' of the MCU, Says Marvel President

By time Marvel figures it out Damson will already be another comic book character.
    My mans was looking sharp in that picture. But even if it ain’t Damson we still have Trevante Rhodes, Sope Dirisu and Kofe Sirobe. All of which are hella young just like Damson.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Mighty Member

Maaaa man Hudlin! Right on!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

People
    @people

I agree.

But Damson NEEDS to do MORE to sell himself beyond just Snowfall series.... He needs to hit the gym, get jacked, do some stunts and actual hard actions scenes.

...EDIT....

Beautiful picture by the way. Many thanks for sharing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yes it will. Since Coats Marvel seems to be under the impression that Wakanda needs to be the hero of the BlackPanther story and have the Western believe that in order to be good it must be a democracy
    Ding ding ding.....bingo.

Co-signed!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Counterpoint is that he was purposedly pushing her buttons trying to make her break, and really, a punch from her wouldn't' even bother T'challa.

I have zero problem with the sucker punch.

Getting tagged when they were actually fighting, just so he could drop a cool line, was silly.
    What u claim is a "sucker punch" from an ordinary non-enhanced Goon Slam Gabby carries many MANY problems that degrades, diminishes and insults who and what Tchalla is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I agree.

But Damson NEEDS to do MORE to sell himself beyond just Snowfall series.... He needs to hit the gym, get jacked, do some stunts and actual hard actions scenes.

...EDIT....

Beautiful picture by the way. Many thanks for sharing.
    Have you seen him this season on snowfall? he put on some Hollywood weight bruh is literally the perfect height and build.

Mighty Member

Yeah it was pretty weak, about as nonsensical as Coates trying to recreate Priests badass moment where he lets the thugs attack him first. That fight actually did more to up Omololas credibility than T'Challas.i really hate when writers have their pet characters come off as seemingly as capable as the title character. It's dumb.
    Very well said....agreed and co-signed!!!

Mighty Member

My mans was looking sharp in that picture. But even if it ain’t Damson we still have Trevante Rhodes, Sope Dirisu and Kofe Sirobe. All of which are hella young just like Damson.
    Sope Dirisu is also a superb choice......my goodness has anyone here watched GANGS OF LONDON tv series? Just WOW!!!!

Season 2 is on the way!

Epic wow!