Page 206 of 955 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 14314

To change the subject...

Was it ever explained by Coogler why Wakanda stuck a prince in an Oakland hood as a spy?

Like... what was the gain there exactly lol?

I mean, then again, what is there to gain sticking Nakia in a Nigerian? trafficking ring lol? Why does Wakanda give a hoot about that?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To change the subject...

Was it ever explained by Coogler why Wakanda stuck a prince in an Oakland hood as a spy?

I mean, then again, what is there to gain sticking Nakia in a Nigerian? trafficking ring lol? Why does Wakanda give a hoot about that?
    What I want to know is why T’Chaka prioritized the life of a spy who was probably gonna die in service to his country anyway, over his own brother and prince of Wakanda.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    What I want to know is why T’Chaka prioritized the life of a spy who was probably gonna die in service to his country anyway, over his own brother and prince of Wakanda.
    N'jobu's death must have been covered up or something, or maybe he was sent away in the first place because the royal family didn't think too highly of him. N'jobu was younger than T'chaka right, and typically the first born into royalty accesses the throne, but Wakanda also has ritual combat and members of different tribes have the chance to rule, so Wakanda must have had lots of different royal families over time.

Because N'joboboboboboob was a traitor. He was going to be dragged back to Wakanda because of what he did with Klaue.

Plus, it was plot induced stupidity. T'chaka could have easily just restrained him instead of straight killing him lol.

N'jobu's death must have been covered up or something

It was covered up, that as the whole point. He "disappeared"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I always assumed that it was reflex and not intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    N'jobu's death must have been covered up or something, or maybe he was sent away in the first place because the royal family didn't think too highly of him. N'jobu was younger than T'chaka right, and typically the first born into royalty accesses the throne, but Wakanda also has ritual combat and members of different tribes have the chance to rule, so Wakanda must have had lots of different royal families over time.
    His death was the cover up, everyone thought he had simply disappeared. It's likely that N'Jobu never wanted the throne or that T'Chaka became king while he was in America. N'Jobu had been living in America for 13 or 14 years before his death and what little we seen of his character shows that becoming king wasn't what he wanted.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 03-31-2022 at 07:02 AM.

MCU Okoye doesn't care about america either though.

She is still ride or die for the rules of Wakanda only. she watched her friend/king die and went "welp ritual combat" despite not liking it. She didn't turn on Killmonger until HE violated the laws of Wakanda and not continue his fight with T'challa. She was gonna stab W'kabi in the face "for wakanda."

She is just as hardlined as comic okoye so far... except she actually gets to talk to people in the MCU lol

I have no problem with an Okoye book... i just don't understand why you wouldn't write an Okoye book about... Okoye and her experiences.
    Right? Like, if anything this book would make even less sense because this young Okoye sees the struggling in a america, and is trying to find her place in the world and in the future her role is... For customs and Wakanda, I'll watch my friend die and kill my husband if needed... She learns about gentrification and decides that isht ain't going to happen on wakanda of she just kills whoever would try I guess? Lol

To change the subject...

It's doesn't make sense at all but Coogler probably thought it would be easier to kill Njobu In the hood or for T'Challa to pull Nakia out for the coronation and get away with it as opposed to if they worked in a government building or something. My issue is that he is royalty, even if he was playing a role, why was he living in poverty?

Nakia might of also just chosen this mission on her own too maybe. But really they're placement was... Odd

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    His death was the cover up, everyone thought he had simply disappeared. It's likely that N'Jobu never wanted the throne or that T'Chaka became king while he was in America. N'Jobu had been living in America for 13 or 14 years before his death and what little we seen of his character shows that becoming king wasn't what he wanted.
    and we saw with Shuri, she didn't want to be queen, she picked a new role and moved on.

For the examples we have (two)... the oldest is the heir, the youngest goes out and gets a job lololol. Njobobo was a spy, Shuri did tech stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Nakia might of also just chosen this mission on her own too maybe. But really they're placement was... Odd
    Maybe t'challa wanted to keep Nakia close by for... reasons lol

I think the implication was that N’Jobu was sent to observe and report on certain movements (like the ‘Panthers’) and because his empathy he ended up becoming part of these movements. Without permission from the crown, he sought funding through backdoor channels, simultaneously betraying his assignment and Nation.

In the end N’Jobu, Nakia, Killmonger, and T’Challa all saw a connection beyond Wakanda that the previous decision makers did not (or at least didn't act on).

That's how I took it anyway.

Mighty Member

I always saw it as T'Challa's tragic narrative being given to Erik, except that Erik didn't actually see his father die.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    I think the implication was that N’Jobu was sent to observe and report on certain movements (like the ‘Panthers’) and because his empathy he ended up becoming part of these movements. Without permission from the crown, he sought funding through backdoor channels, simultaneously betraying his assignment and Nation.

In the end N’Jobu, Nakia, Killmonger, and T’Challa all saw a connection beyond Wakanda that the previous decision makers did not (or at least didn't act on).

That's how I took it anyway.
    It's kind of interesting how such a pivotal moment in the whole movies' story and the Wakandan Royal family is basically N'Jobu meeting Erik's mother.

Yo not to change the subject, but my girl got me this hoodie chain combo since I love black Panther and I'm so geeked! No one irl would get how dope it is lol.20220331_115206.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of interesting how such a pivotal moment in the whole movies' story and the Wakandan Royal family is basically N'Jobu meeting Erik's mother.
    Indeed, it would make for an interesting story in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I always saw it as T'Challa's tragic narrative being given to Erik, except that Erik didn't actually see his father die.
    Which would of been fine... Had T'Challa not lost his progressive visionary trait on the process. He should of been about opening Wakanda, albeit not knowing the best approach, and he hears different perspectives from W'Kabi and Nakia, and then sees Eriks extreme Version and figures out what to do at the end of the movie. It was stupid to make such a drastic change to T'Challa, for no good reason

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

A N'Jobu/young Killmonger/Klaue prequel series >>>>>>>> Dora TV show

Would rather see what happens when a Wakandan becomes radicalized in America and how he gets in business with Klaue.